Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

Looks good! They're starting to yellow out :circle-of-love: gonna be some tasty great smoke Katins!

Evening report:
420-magazine-mobile1300569072.jpg

420-magazine-mobile945973781.jpg

Pot weight 3913 g

Looks ripe in there K!

.. such a great micro grow!!

RIGHT?

Just goes to show you what you can do with some CFL's, a seed, soil and a lil nutes!!!!
WOOO

Good job Katins! Every micro-grower around the world would find your thread inspirational!

RIGHT?

Just goes to show you what you can do with some CFL's, a seed, soil and a lil nutes!!!!
WOOO

Good job Katins! Every micro-grower around the world would find your thread inspirational!
I trully hope so :) knowing someone could find a micro grow journal with that amount of pictures beneficial, kept me motivated to finish this journal :) I'm here for you guys. No law can stop a plant... :)

I agree with led guy, hey led guy lol. At least your not dealing with this!
420-magazine-mobile1332821968.jpg
I haven't watered in about 8 days since I was out of town. Any advise?

I agree with led guy, hey led guy lol. At least your not dealing with this!
420-magazine-mobile1332821968.jpg
I haven't watered in about 8 days since I was out of town. Any advise?

Is the pot light? Pick it up and If it is water them and they should bounce back within an hour or two... and idk watering issues versus mite issues I think I'd take the watering issues lol... but the only reason I'm asking if the pot is light is because sometimes I can go 9+ days without watering so I want to make sure it's dry lol.

If you are feeding them anything quit feeding and if you have MG soil or something do light light waterings. You definitely or some nitro toxicity going on which isn't the best thing to have in flower.

Re: Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

??
Is the pot light? Pick it up and If it is water them and they should bounce back within an hour or two...
Lol I just watered them and it's light as a feather lol. I will post a pic in an hour to see the difference if it's OK with you katin?
Is the pot light? Pick it up and If it is water them and they should bounce back within an hour or two... and idk watering issues versus mite issues I think I'd take the watering issues lol... but the only reason I'm asking if the pot is light is because sometimes I can go 9+ days without watering so I want to make sure it's dry lol.

??
Lol I just watered them and it's light as a feather lol. I will post a pic in an hour to see the difference if it's OK with you katin?

I had updated my post some but yeah are you feeding them anything? If so quit feeding and if you aren't but have a time release soil then do very light waterings because you definitely want to address that nitro toxicity it's not the best thing to have in flower.... If you want you can PM me all your grow setup info and everything I'd need to know and I can help you from there. But underwatering is nothing bad at all... When I'm lazy I just wait for my plants to start showing signs of being thirsty before feeding them. Doesn't take long at all to recover much better than overwatering.

If you need to chop Sunday chop but you will without a doubt be negatively impacting your yield. But it will get you high either way.
I really have to. Struggling to contain the fragrancies inside my apartment :)
Will be upgrading the carbon filter together with my new qb's 120. So, need to finish this grow. And it is maybe a bit early, but I would not consider it crucial fir my yields.

I really have to. Struggling to contain the fragrancies inside my apartment .
Will be upgrading the carbon filter together with my new qb's 120. So, need to finish this grow. And it is maybe a bit early, but I would not consider it crucial fir my yields.

You'd be surprised.. They won't grow outwards anymore no... But they will get denser and denser as they still have a couple weeks until they are truely ripe imo. You'll still get a decent yield but I'm just saying they would get denser without a doubt in a two week period. Again though they look good and they'll get you high so just be quick with the trimming and I'd recommend just hanging her whole upside down in your grow space that'd be easiest and quickest. But it's your grow and whatever is easiest for you lol. You did a fine job growing them just be prepared for the smell next time lol told you those bastards can really stink up a place .

Hey everyone, need some guidance. I'm thinking about cutting off all the fan leaves today, and tomorrow night I plan on cutting her down and hanging upside down in the grow box. And then do a dry final trimming after she dries. How's that for a plan? And how long do you think she'll need to hang there before I could trim and jar her for curing. I can make RH between 30-35 inside there.

Hey everyone, need some guidance. I'm thinking about cutting off all the fan leaves today, and tomorrow night I plan on cutting her down and hanging upside down in the grow box. And then do a dry final trimming after she dries. How's that for a plan? And how long do you think she'll need to hang there before I could trim and jar her for curing. I can make RH between 30-35 inside there.

Best to try and up RH to around 45-50. 30-35 will cause them to dry faster and may make for a harsher smoke. But yeah that sounds like a plan just take as many fan leaves off as you can then hang her upside down and it'll probably take 3-6 days depending on the humidity before being able to jar them up. Jars need to be burped daily id recommend burping them twice a day 15-20 minutes each time the first week then after that just once a day for 15 min. If you fill the jars up completely you may need to take the buds out the jars every couple days to air out incase they rehydrate to much and get damp towards the bottom. If you can't raise the RH any don't sweat it it won't be the end of the world seeing how you need it to dry on the faster side anyhow. Just don't jar to early.... The outside will feel dry but the inside will be moist so don't think "oh no it's to try it needs to go in the jar!" When in reality it still needs a day or two of hang drying first. The point of burping/curing is to slowly finish drying the buds and to give a nice smooth smoke without the chlorophyl in it.... The insides hydrate the outsides you open the jar for 15-20 min and the buds are crisp again you close the jar and you repeat until the buds are all but finished drying and just like anything you'd buy.

I'd try to get all the fan leaves off tbh (which I know you already mentioned just wanted to double agree incase you start changing your mind halfway into the trim if it gets tiring just hang the plant up and keep trimming it'll be easier to see the base of the fan leaves stems when it's hanging upside down like that too.).... it's definitely easier to trim them when they are still wet in my personal opinion... I don't like dry trimming fan leaves but dry trimming sugar leaves is just fine for me lol... Idk everyone has their preferences so I'm just helping you brainstorm. Don't think I'm trying to come off as a dick or know it all lol I can sound kind of harsh in some texts but it's just how I text.

Also 62% boveda humidity packs are also very very helpful and cheap... Can find them in smoke shops.

Re: Katins's First Bagseed Micro Grow - Soil & CFL's

And if I cure in the fridge, would like 8 hours hanging upside down be enough, before wraping each branch in paper towel (don't have a paper bag.. ) and putting in the fridge with a slow stream of air blowing on them? Do you think it can work?
She better stinks in the fridge than all over the block.. lol

Hi K - great impending harvest you have. Nice work!

What LG74 says is spot on. My advice would be to read a bit around the site about drying and curing. You'll find a few different approaches but there'll be some recurring themes. Slower is better.
Also - I don't think you want a fan blowing on them at any stage during the dry, fridge or no. I did that once, very gently (on my first plant), and it made them dry way too fast, as LG says, and makes a harsh, ill tasting smoke and makes them smell nasty grassy too.
Re the fridge low&slow approach: if you're interested in that, I suggest you post in the Low n Slo thread and just request the latest approach. There's the need to have a fridge that you can keep at a certain RH - but I don't know what that is. And I don't think anyone is wrapping them in paper... I'd be worried that could damage your trichs. I started in the fridge this last go but the RH got too high, so after 4 days I hung for a day or 2 and then it's been in jars that get opened once or twice a day, as I'm still in the zone between 65-70RH.
When you're drying them, a fan moving air very lightly can be good, but not blowing on them at all.

They'll go through stages of smelling strange, unpleasant even, apparently it's the chlorophyll coming off(?). Especially when the jarring and burping roitune starts. But the aromas stabilise and improve again during cure.
Anyway, there's some good stuff around here about drying & curing. Also good write ups on grow weed easy too. You'll have a great time with it that's for sure!! I'm looking forward to seeing it at various stages ..

Back
Top Bottom