Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

. If anyone has any efficient or quick methods of popping holes in solo cups I’m all ears.
Cut slips from the bottom corners out in three places with scissors. Great drainage and quick and easy.

I make a lot of my holes with a soldering iron.

Cut slips from the bottom corners out in three places with scissors. Great drainage and quick and easy.

Same here, soldering iron👍

Soldering iron is brilliant, idk why I didn’t think of that, especially because I was trying to heat up a mini screw driver and just drive it through the cups 😂

We’re gonna take a quick break and put this out there:

"This is by far not the final product. We are buying seeds from all over the world to create our own strain, to produce top-notch Sinaloa weed and to develop a strong brand even better than the gringos," the producer said, referring to growers in the US.

This is a Mexican producer referring to the Sinaloa cartel producing “premium quality” legal weed. More specifically it is El Chapos three sons “The Juniors” or “Chapitos”

“Mexican weed” and “quality” aren’t very synonymous with each other these days lol.. More on topic.. idk what their plan is but in order for them to grow cannabis as strong as ours and be able to compete with our prices and distro they’re going to have to invest heavily and take losses for years. This assumes you have good cultivators. You can have the best equipment and seeds in the world, if you don’t know what you’re doing it’s worthless. I can tell you also that doing this under threat of violence is never going to produce the same quality I do with love.

I say that to say this.. If you’re thinking about entering the legal market, know who your competitors are. The cartels are mad that we’ve cut into their business and they want it back. While violence is unlikely, they do have a lot of money so expect them to attempt to squeeze people out. My advice is to find those who share your outlook on cultivation and do business with them.

If you’re just a smoker, this is great news for you. More competition is almost always a good thing for the consumer.

Here’s a link to the original story: The Sinaloa Cartel is losing its marijuana business, and El Chapo's sons are going after the 'premium weed' market to make up for it

Soldering iron is brilliant, idk why I didn’t think of that, especially because I was trying to heat up a mini screw driver and just drive it through the cups 😂
Yeah, it's just soo easy and when you make as many holes as I do, it really comes in handy. Plus it actually strengthens the plastic rather than weakening it like you would if you drilled holes.

And, while you have the thing out and heated up, might as well make additional holes all up and down the rest of the container to let additional air in all around. That's how I build my 9oz and 1L containers and am seriously consdiering doing it to my 2 Gallon buckets.

Yeah, it's just soo easy and when you make as many holes as I do, it really comes in handy. Plus it actually strengthens the plastic rather than weakening it like you would if you drilled holes.

And, while you have the thing out and heated up, might as well make additional holes all up and down the rest of the container to let additional air in all around. That's how I build my 1L containers and am seriously consdiering doing it to my 2 Gallon buckets.

Just dont try to use the soldering iron on a stack of cups as they all melt together. Gotta do them 1 at a time.

As soon as I read soldering iron I had one of those “sonnofabitch” moments where you realize the answer was there the whole time lol. It’s so much more efficient and is the skilled method of what I was attempting with hot screwdrivers lmao.

I use solo cups, then plastic 1 gallons then will drop into 3 gallon smart pots. I like the idea of putting small holes all up and down the plastics, that will really help amp up the oxygen. Plus with the soldering iron it will work so quickly I won’t feel compelled to do them all at once, I also like that it will preserve and possibly enhance the structural integrity more so than holes cut in.

This is why I like journals.. You get to learn tried and tested tips that you really wouldn’t even think to look up. This tip alone is going to save me many hours in the long run.

Just dont try to use the soldering iron on a stack of cups as they all melt together. Gotta do them 1 at a time.
But you can use them for that purpose. A few years ago I built a precursor to my SIPs by fusing the bottoms of two small applesauce cups together to make a stand-off for a false floor bottom to a container. Worked great for that.

As soon as I read soldering iron I had one of those “sonnofabitch” moments where you realize the answer was there the whole time lol. It’s so much more efficient and is the skilled method of what I was attempting with hot screwdrivers lmao.
If you do adopt this method, here's a Pro Tip: keep a piece of skrunched up aluminum foil handy to periodically wipe down the hot tip. The plastic will melt (obviously) and you'll start to get build up and blobs of melted plastic on the iron that will make a mess if you just let them fall to the floor.

Also, sometimes you'll get a bigger glob around a hole you just made from this buildup and if you let it cool a bit it is easy to break off with a thumb nail. Most of the holes will have a nice little extra "ring" of melted plastic around it and that's what helps strengthen the container.

But you can use them for that purpose. A few years ago I built a precursor to my SIPs by fusing the bottoms of two small applesauce cups together to make a stand-off for a false floor bottom to a container. Worked great for that.
lol I have a triple standoff pot then🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Wanna buy it? custom built... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I also cut slots in the bottom of the edges on the solos then put a rock or something about 1/4” thick in the bottom of a 2nd cup and put the cut cup into it so the runoff if watering goes into the 2nd cup 😁

You know I’m here fam! Can’t wait to see the progress!
MIKED!! Welcome to the party.. You should feel right at home.. I’m still jealous you found the CoM EWC 😂

Perlite for the grow acquired.. $5.99 for 8 quarts at Home Depot.. I’ll be using this for cutting spikes, layers, and my starter. More oxygen = more micro life. With perlite the smaller size the better, more surface area for micro life. Also make sure you’re getting just plain perlite, I saw quite a few different bags of treated perlite that came with odd fertilizers that would throw off our balance.

I was looking at the mulch they carry and while it looks good, they had these potting rocks that caught my eye. In this grow the mulch isn’t necessarily for its decomp. Its being utilized for its protection and aeration that allows life and roots to reach right up to the surface. I am gonna think on it tonight before I decide which to do tomorrow, I may even do half and half to get a comparison.

B9606A87-6643-4C7B-B0ED-2716BD5B0EF5.jpeg

@Gee64 @StoneOtter and anyone else that uses mulch on top of their containers. What do you think about using rocks/pebbles for my mulch cover? I’m trying to think of negatives.. The only thing Im hung up on is there won’t be extra decomp material, but I would use composted shredded bark instead anyway and that won’t exactly be a huge source.

I have never used rocks I usually use fir bark in size medium as it decomposes and the roots come up and embed into the bark to suck its carbon but I dont see why rocks wouldn't work as they will keep the UV off the microbes. You may end up with lost rocks in your recycle mix but thats not a big deal. Anything dark that lets air thru should work fine. I tried straw and it works but it holds a ton of water so I went back to fir bark. Just stay away from cedar and walnut.

Back
Top Bottom