Keffka's Recycling, KOS Blue Thai, Herbies Seeds Apple Betty, Runtz Punch

Flip +16 Blue Thai female circled. It grew taller than the untopped sativas, silly hybrids
IMG_8544.jpeg

I’ll snap some clear pictures of its bud sets tonight along with shots of the two males. Between these three plants we should produce some award winning seeds.

IMG_8548.jpeg

When I was a dangerous immigrant hopped up on reefer madness or a simple savage addicted to fire water and in need of Jesus’ perverse set of rules to be saved. The good ol’ days right when we cranked up salting our own soil because we had leftover war materiel

I chopped one male down, piece by piece, on top of a piece of parchment paper. I shook out all the parts then separated the pods from the leaves and most of the stems. That was an annoying, tedious process that left me feeling like I lost more pollen to the air, my lungs, and equipment, than I will harvest.

For the second male, I threw a paper bag I lined with parchment paper over the top of the plant then cut it at its stem. I flipped the bag over with the plant head first and am letting it dry for a couple days before I shake it out and see what I get.

My hope is the second method produces either equal or more than the first method with less work and cleanup.

How'd you separate? I use a fine screened sifter. Might take some of the fun out of it for you though. :p

Best if the material is well dried.

I use that technique for a lot of my inputs like malted barley. Powder them up in a coffee grinder and then run them through the strainer and send the stuff that doesn't pass through the grinder again. I get a nice consistent powder that way.

I shake it through the sifter onto parchment paper that I fold into a funnel of sorts to pour into my storage container. Fast and easy. :thumb:

With pollen you can skip the grinder phase since the pollen will pass through the screen on its own but the flower bits and stems won't.

How'd you separate? I use a fine screened sifter. Might take some of the fun out of it for you though. :p

Best if the material is well dried.

I use that technique for a lot of my inputs like malted barley. Powder them up in a coffee grinder and then run them through the strainer and send the stuff that doesn't pass through the grinder again. I get a nice consistent powder that way.

I shake it through the sifter onto parchment paper that I fold into a funnel of sorts to pour into my storage container. Fast and easy. :thumb:

With pollen you can skip the grinder phase since the pollen will pass through the screen on its own but the flower bits and stems won't.

I haven’t gotten to the separation phase yet. In my mind it was going to be as simple as shaking my plant over parchment paper and I’d have a pile of pollen. That’s based on how much pollen I see the plants release. Now I realize, my senses failed me again, and it’s more work than I initially anticipated.

Currently the first method is drying in a parchment paper envelope and the second is drying in the paper bag. I haven’t decided how to separate yet. I just know I want them separated and prepped within the week though, I need to start pollinating the female asap

Blue Thai female is absolutely banging. One of the best plants I’ve ever grown. I’m hoping the quality matches. 48 inch indica dominant in a 3 gallon container. The way she looks compared to how she started? Boy she should produce some fire

IMG_8632.jpeg

How she looked before her roots got big enough

IMG_8638.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom