KelticBlue's 2017: Soil, Ace Seeds Pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunnan

Re: KelticBlue's 2017 - Soil - Ace Seeds Pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunn

Man, your camera is insane! I need one lol

Thanks Fert!:thanks:

A small point and shoot with a super macro setting...

It is a Casio Exlim EX-ZR100. It is old and there is so much sticky resin the parts dont move very well. But i like the super macro setting for plants, super for sure.

:ciao:

Re: KelticBlue's 2017 - Soil - Ace Seeds Pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunn

A small point and shoot with a super macro setting...

It is a Casio Exlim EX-ZR100. It is old and there is so much sticky resin the parts dont move very well. But i like the super macro setting for plants, super for sure.

Really seems like those point and shoots are hit or miss. I had a Fuji one that was just garbage, I never wanted one more than any average phone camera after that one. Old is good... Old means cheaper on ebay :p

Hey KelticBlue, exciting stuff there.

Zamaldelica - Yay :cheer:

Homemade crosses - I'm going to watch you play!

:high-five:

I had my first "homerun" strain from Ace this week, Haze x Kali China.

I have previously grown Delicatessen Lilly from Ace (I got mixed up on the breeder) and it was good.
I have previously grown Ace MIx (free seed) and it was very good.

Ace Haze x Kali China came out POWERFUL. 100% Sativa type high with medical/pain killing/body high effects that are DOZENS of times stronger than anything I have grown or tasted before. The high is reportedly 3-4x stronger than other strains I am growing, but I have to take the family at it's word - I don't get high from sativa.

:passitleft:
Let's burn some incense to petition the gods that these new seedlings turn out being everything you want them to be.

:passitleft:
Let's burn some incense to petition the gods that these new seedlings turn out being everything you want them to be.

I am in on that.:Namaste:

every year we go to Colorado for turkey day. This year the kids ( thirty somethings now ) have discovered cbd and vape pens. funny little experts they are now. funny how these kids used to think momma was just a stoner. and now they are the experts, funny. last year we were hiding the smoke. Funny, but good kids.

So, missus got to try some sativa dominate vape and smoke. i think she liked. it was good, some 'flo' and some 'deisel' and others- a regular buffet of stash.

I hope for something strong from the Zamal-D. It has not yet broke soil, just checked. the Haze x KC sounds wicked.
The sativa smoke, oh yeah. it is my Favorite but now i am the funny one, i cannot handle it, weirdz me out. i have a tenuous grasp on reality as it is.

So for the last couple of years i have been after missus to try the sativa pure breeds. i mean she can handle it, i encourage it.
but dispensary bud-tenders always have the hybrids and fancy crap to push. it is good but i want some columbian or hawaiian like we got back in the 80s. her favorite was thai stick. I think the thai in the Zamal-D might get there, if not the malawi should space her face.

I am in on that.:Namaste:

every year we go to Colorado for turkey day. This year the kids ( thirty somethings now ) have discovered cbd and vape pens. funny little experts they are now. funny how these kids used to think momma was just a stoner. and now they are the experts, funny. last year we were hiding the smoke. Funny, but good kids.

So, missus got to try some sativa dominate vape and smoke. i think she liked. it was good, some 'flo' and some 'deisel' and others- a regular buffet of stash.

I hope for something strong from the Zamal-D. It has not yet broke soil, just checked. the Haze x KC sounds wicked.
The sativa smoke, oh yeah. it is my Favorite but now i am the funny one, i cannot handle it, weirdz me out. i have a tenuous grasp on reality as it is.

So for the last couple of years i have been after missus to try the sativa pure breeds. i mean she can handle it, i encourage it.
but dispensary bud-tenders always have the hybrids and fancy crap to push. it is good but i want some columbian or hawaiian like we got back in the 80s. her favorite was thai stick. I think the thai in the Zamal-D might get there, if not the malawi should space her face.

Doesn' ACE have some good Thai stuff? I think it was called Orient Express.

Hey Fert!:high-five:

The Golden Tiger has Thai influence.
The orient express is vietnam black and china yunnan.
Orient Ex, Pretty sure that is what my first male was 3 years ago that I pollinated my CannaBioGen auto with. I liked the look of the male right away, even without the pretty buds. The OE male had the most lovely smell to the main stem of cream soda, so I harvested the pollen.
Some of the older releases from ace were Thai crosses, not available any more. like double Thai and haze x Thai. super long flower times.

The Zamaldelica is a Zamal mother pollinated with a Golden tiger.
The current golden tiger has 2 Thai lines and 2 Malawi lines in it. The current GT has more Thai influence at this point in the breeding program.

So the Zamal-D is a multi hybrid sativa of Thai, African, and Zamal lines, wicked cool breeding. I am waiting for it to pop the surface.

Edit; ACE didnt have the golden tiger in Fem. I wanted a fem this run so I went for zamalD. Or i would have gotten a GT pack.

Hey Fert!:high-five:

The Golden Tiger has Thai influence.
The orient express is vietnam black and china yunnan.
Orient Ex, Pretty sure that is what my first male was 3 years ago that I pollinated my CannaBioGen auto with. I liked the look of the male right away, even without the pretty buds. The OE male had the most lovely smell to the main stem of cream soda, so I harvested the pollen.
Some of the older releases from ace were Thai crosses, not available any more. like double Thai and haze x Thai. super long flower times.

The Zamaldelica is a Zamal mother pollinated with a Golden tiger.
The current golden tiger has 2 Thai lines and 2 Malawi lines in it. The current GT has more Thai influence at this point in the breeding program.

So the Zamal-D is a multi hybrid sativa of Thai, African, and Zamal lines, wicked cool breeding. I am waiting for it to pop the surface.

Edit; ACE didnt have the golden tiger in Fem. I wanted a fem this run so I went for zamalD. Or i would have gotten a GT pack.

Ohhh I see.

I ended up getting some F1 original Golden Tiger seeds when they were having a sale on them. They found some older ones in their freezer, so they sold 25 of them for 40 euros and guaranteed half of their normal germination rate. Still haven't given them a try, I probably should soon since they went from their freezer to my fridge lol

Ohhh I see.

I ended up getting some F1 original Golden Tiger seeds when they were having a sale on them. They found some older ones in their freezer, so they sold 25 of them for 40 euros and guaranteed half of their normal germination rate. Still haven't given them a try, I probably should soon since they went from their freezer to my fridge lol

Outstanding! You got the right one there. The original GT a Malawi x Thai cross. I believe the Thai was a CannaBioGen standout.

I think this cross can get a bit wild (thai pheno) and needs time to ripen. I missed the opportunity when they released it. I was also afraid to grow it in a small space, tooo much work. But now with a little more experience I say feck.it I am gonna try a long flowering sativa.

I have been a bit ACE obsessive since 'luis' treated me right when my first order got custom.destroyed in its travels. That was 3 years ago, i think?
Anywho, they sent me replacement with 2 reg freebiez and 6 PCKxKC when i only paid for 5. They trusted me and I will be forever thankful for that. So i look through the catalog all the time dreaming about having a greenhouse 10 feet tall and oldtimers haze streching for the SuperMoon.

But I digress. I have heard fem of a third Gen GT are to be released in the new year. I read a Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi......? not sure, I hope for some good releases next year. But i really do not need more seeds in my fridge.

gotsta check on the garden
:surf:

Outstanding! You got the right one there. The original GT a Malawi x Thai cross. I believe the Thai was a CannaBioGen standout.

I think this cross can get a bit wild (thai pheno) and needs time to ripen. I missed the opportunity when they released it. I was also afraid to grow it in a small space, tooo much work. But now with a little more experience I say feck.it I am gonna try a long flowering sativa.

I have been a bit ACE obsessive since 'luis' treated me right when my first order got custom.destroyed in its travels. That was 3 years ago, i think?
Anywho, they sent me replacement with 2 reg freebiez and 6 PCKxKC when i only paid for 5. They trusted me and I will be forever thankful for that. So i look through the catalog all the time dreaming about having a greenhouse 10 feet tall and oldtimers haze streching for the SuperMoon.

But I digress. I have heard fem of a third Gen GT are to be released in the new year. I read a Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi......? not sure, I hope for some good releases next year. But i really do not need more seeds in my fridge.

gotsta check on the garden
:surf:

Yeah I have been waiting to run a long-flowering sativa for a while too. I'm half-way through their Panama x Malawi, and have them all trellis'd up to avoid the height problems. They did get really tall pretty fast and I'm still dialing my soil in and trying to get enough per harvest to run a longer flowering strain like GT. I'm almost all the way through my last harvest and I'm only mid-way through flower on these :/

and trying to get enough per harvest to run a longer flowering strain like GT. I'm almost all the way through my last harvest and I'm only mid-way through flower on these :/

I totally understand, my missus doesn't need much but it is so hard to keep up. The only reason I am ahead is she has been away working for my family since october. When she gets back in January my stash will start to disappear quick.
That is kind of why i started my two sprouts on the side. A little bud, just in case, but they could be boys then I am back at square one waiting for the buds to mature. Right now I have about 3 month supply for her. Still nothing above the soil on the Zamal-D.
It should pop up soon. I leave for a couple of days so I have the SIP all watered before i go. I have been trying to increase the humidity all day in the tent. Not getting much of a rise.

A quick photo up before I go

SO I got bigger seed and little seed growing side by side. Both reg seeds came from the same plant. They look very much alike. But I do see one plant starting to branch out more, it is little seed.

First have a look at big seed.
There is some growth at the node but not much.
CIMG94801.jpg
A little nub branch. ; - )
CIMG9482.jpg

Now here is little seed.
With branch growth coming out from the node.
CIMG9483.jpg

Maybe a little extra node space. The leafs seem about to go from 3 finger to 5 on this one. While the other one they look like 3 finger leafs for now.
CIMG9485.jpg

The ever popular over-view. Big seed on the right, little then on the left. Big seed also has darker green in the leafs.
CIMG9486.jpg

They are on their own for the next 4 days. I let these 2 dry out a bit letting the roots branch. I have a plant nanny terracotta stake (one liter) that should provide enough water till I get back.

I might flip to flower on dec 15. ( for now)

The ever popular over-view. Big seed on the right, little then on the left. Big seed also has darker green in the leafs.
CIMG9486.jpg

They are on their own for the next 4 days. I let these 2 dry out a bit letting the roots branch. I have a plant nanny terracotta stake (one liter) that should provide enough water till I get back.

I might flip to flower on dec 15. ( for now)

They are moving right along. Looking good to me :)

Hey RR. If you around just thought I would say Hi :ciao:

Hey Keltic Thanks for this!
I was just thinking about your journal today. Things have been firing on all cylinders around here. Running my first 100% LOS. Kicked all the bottle nutes to the curb! These 2 autos should be finished in about max 4 weeks and on to my Reg seeds. I'm not to well versed on photo plants since autos just do so well in my little tent, but this seems like a good time to learn.

Your new SIP is looking great, looks like your sprouts enjoy it too! I must ask about your chamomile tea you give your girls? Haven't heard of that before.

Your new SIP is looking great, looks like your sprouts enjoy it too! I must ask about your chamomile tea you give your girls? Haven't heard of that before.

Generally. Chamomile Tea is used to prevent damping off in seedlings. It is a mild fungicide help young plants along.
I dunno. It is an old technique I used back when I did guerilla growing. I would start the seeds in a sponge. It was always cold and I had many problems with damping off. Learned it from one of my dads garden books.
Now it is just a habit with young plants.

The sprouts are in my side container, my sip does not have anything sprouted yet. I have hope when I get home on Thursday.

Great info Keltic Thanks!

The more I look at your plants the more I really want to try a grow from a reduced light schedule. I have tons of freebe Fem seeds that I would never have the space for unless I was to run something more like your set up.

So were the kids surprised to know their Dad was on the up and up with the CBD vape game?

They look so sweet keltic. So tightly-noded. Working in hempy I'm beginning to get lulled into wider spacing. Lol! Not really, we battle about it all the time, don't we? :laughtwo:

I'm running my bloom spaces at 11/13 right now. How much time do you think I'd save with 10/14? I'm thinking of starting to flip them at about a month and then flowering at 10/14, maybe lower. Three years in and I'm still evolving a rhythm.

RheinRover...good to hear the LOS is working out. First run LOS is still the best grow I had, and the most effortless. Make it affordable and I'd probably grow in first run LOS and donate the used soil to the local community garden. Wow! What a lovely dream, eh?

So were the kids surprised to know their Dad was on the up and up with the CBD vape game?

Not so much with the pen and vape as the strain and oil info. So I was excited about the oil. And talking about strains not just indica/sativa. More than the general this is good for this or that but a whole ECS system approach.
I forgot more than I know but still there has been so much discussion here at 420mag that they were happy to learn. They know me as the sober non party person. They don't know the old me. Now, They know I grow, I showed pictures. Then I told them about the cat and oil. I think they understand. I think they were shocked I don't normally talk that much.

I'm running my bloom spaces at 11/13 right now. How much time do you think I'd save with 10/14?

Not sure how much. For sure I will use the far red which seemed to short my last by several day maybe a week but it will hurt yields. A week is worth it to me if it helps manage end of season I would not loose sleep over yield.
But that is unusual in this game.
I meant to check natural light schedules for the landrace lines in the zamal-d. I wouldn't mind it finishing in ten weeks.

I honestly like 11/13. I think I am 15/9 right now. I think I will flip to 11/13 if/when I get a sprout healthy in the sip.
I think dr Ziggy played with 10/14.
Does your new light have a programmable schedule? maybe you could play with after you harvest the showcase journal. I would like, in the future some day, to plug a program module on to my lights they are out there in easy supply. Sunrise/ sunset and all the rest. But I am sticking with the analog dimmer for now. Pretty happy with it dimming save my eyes. I was getting headaches from to much light I think.

RheinRover...good to hear the LOS is working out. First run LOS is still the best grow I had, and the most effortless. Make it affordable and I'd probably grow in first run LOS and donate the used soil to the local community garden. Wow! What a lovely dream, eh?

Hey Sue!
I've been slowly making my way towards the LOS/NoTill for about a year now, was hard cutting off the nutes 100%. I think I will stay closer to the NoTill realm mainly because of the waste situation. Not many places to dump gallons of soil mid winter without turning a few heads. Couldn't agree more on the effortlessness, I've cut hours off of my plant care with this program!

Does your new light have a programmable schedule? maybe you could play with after you harvest the showcase journal. I would like, in the future some day, to plug a program module on to my lights they are out there in easy supply. Sunrise/ sunset and all the rest. But I am sticking with the analog dimmer for now.

Keltic, I think there must be a theme amongst us small tent growers. We can't add anymore lights so we just like to have lots of little cool gadgets to make our lights more fun. I didn't install the far red this grow, couldn't chance a smaller harvest. With that said though this is the first full run under 200w of CXB3590's and wow I'm quite convinced this system is perfect for a 2x2 grow space. Was a bit of a learning curve first sprouting and had to raise them much higher then the MarsHydro to invoke any stretch.
Wishing you a safe trip home today!

Keltic, I think there must be a theme amongst us small tent growers. We can't add anymore lights so we just like to have lots of little cool gadgets to make our lights more fun.

Always more fun to be had! Love me gadgets. RR, If you ever wanna drop a picture here just for fun you certainly can. I am just warming up to take some pictures tomorrow, my babies are sleeping now. I hope to seem sex bits soon too. Reg seeds, always the waiting game for the pistil.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom