Kerala x Skunk & NL x Skunk - Indoors - End of 2014

All this talk about seeds lately has caused me to try my hand at some 12/12 from seeds. I grabbed two seeds and put them in some wet moss two days ago... nothing yet. They are bag seeds so nothing might happen. I keep glancing over at them.

You check every hour and there's nothing there. And when you're not checking them is when they pop up!
And when hope dwindles, you dig around seeing if they've germinated yet! :laughtwo:

Works the same way for fishing, too. Watch the pole, hold onto it, no bites. Set it down and look away, two seconds later you're reaching to keep the pole from being yanked into the water, lol.

Well! I found both seeds that weren't appearing. The missing NLxS had germinated, but it was hiding in a thin layer of perlite that floated to the top of the little pot in the center of the larger pot. The missing KxS had not germinated, but it was also hiding out among floating perlite. I did what I could to try and rescue the slightly-dried-out-yet-germinated NLxS, and replanted the KxS, after removing almost all the perlite that was on top. Pics as soon as they're uploaded. ;)

EDIT, here's the pics I promised!

Group shots
Girl_s_Room.JPG
Group_Therapy.JPG

NLxS, and NLxS that will hopefully survive
NLxS_1_.JPG
NLxS_2_.JPG

Kerala x Skunk, and same, that will hopefully germinate
KxS_1_.JPG
KxS_2_.JPG

EDIT again: I hope I can get some medicine today. Haven't slept for a couple nights in a row, maybe 3. Can't remember. I have some KC36 left, but I'd get more help from Mexibrick.

Today, I sprinkled a tiny bit of rooting powder to each pot, in the hopes of boosting their root growth. The NLxS moves around a lot when watered even lightly, and I figured I need to help her grab hold of that soil right away. It is a sort of light mix, though. I had to use a lot of perlite to get it to drain

Guess what folks? The second NLxS has shown herself above soil! w00h00! So excited. :) She does look less than green, but she's alive, and I'll nurse her to health the best I can. She's starting life with a shriveled root. The fact she's showing her cotyledons is a very good sign. :)

SAM_1664.JPG

Here's a slightly edited (with words) group shot from this morning. We're at 3 of 4 right now. :D ;)

24_Nov_2014_Group_Shot_3_of_4.jpg

No certainty of the strain, but toked the most powerful Indica-dominant hybrid I've toked in a very long time. Extremely powerful, narcotic-like physical effects (I'm nodding out like before I got clean from heroin), but I'm jamming the fuck out with Kruder and Dorfmeister's K&D Sessions, and my mind is taking off into the stratosphere and beyond. Closed-eye visuals (CEV's). I got 2-3 grams of this stuff, and I think it's gonna last me a month or longer. I wish to The Nine Divines I knew what strain this was.

EDIT: And I wish I had seeds of it!

Only a little late for the party, but I made it. Looking good so far, AMK.

Guess what?! We've got a fourth seed popped! :cheer: The second Kerala x Skunk #1 has germinated, and is showing her first signs of life above soil. :) Also, the endangered NLxS seedling is doing wonderfully, if a little small. Ka'plah!

Group shot
SAM_16791.JPG

KxS#1
SAM_16771.JPG

NLxS
SAM_16781.JPG

:Namaste:

Thanks, Teddy. To answer, I'm expecting a little of both. The pots are biodegradable, and are supposed to decompose and add to the soil, and I've seen roots push through these rather easily before. They're quite fragile when wet.

This just in!!

Got home from grocery shopping today, to see that this had arrived!
LED Grow Light 100x3w - Mars Hydro

So excited, can barely type! I want to send a shout out to c526, without whom this wouldn't be possible. :thanks::high-five:

First thing I did when I got the packages through the door was unboxing, test-running, and snapping a few pics.
SAM_1687.JPG

SAM_1688.JPG

SAM_1690.JPG

I then proceeded to take pretty much everything but my medicine plants out of the closet, and hung up the LED system. I've never used these ratchet systems before, but I really like them. Hell of an upgrade from fixed-length pieces of bent steel wire I was using with the CFLs. They're really easy to use, too, and seem quite sturdy, especially compared to the my former system.

That's another thing, CFL's ain't got nothing on these LEDs. Can you say, "BRIGHT?" Holey moley. After playing around with the plants a bit, adjust the lights, and looking away, everything else looks GREEN. I've only had it running about a half hour or so, but it seems cooler already. I've actually got my closet door closed, and with all the other stuff out of there, there's so much more room for airflow in there, and more plants, too, I suspect. ;) I'm gonna need a bigger drainpan, hehehe. I've lowered the plants to the floor of the closet again, having had them raised a little for the CFL's, which could not go any lower than what they were at.

SAM_1692.JPG

SAM_16951.JPG

SAM_1693.JPG

SAM_1694.JPG

You can see that with the CFL's, I was trying to experiment by having disposable plate cutouts underneath the bases of the plants. This proved to be cumbersome, and I was worried about snapping their tender trunks, so I removed them. The girls already seem to love the new light, and I can't wait to see how they continue to grow, and bud and bud and bud and bud and....... :)

Today's turned into one of the best I've had in a long time.

:Namaste:

enjoy :) can you do be me a big favor and measure the length and width of the actual panel (not including the white frame)?

enjoy :) can you do be me a big favor and measure the length and width of the actual panel (not including the white frame)?

The visible glass is about 17cm*33cm. That's a rough measure. It's brighter than daylight in there! :)

UPDATE: Temperature in closet is a cozy 72F/22C. :)

UPDATE2: Seeing how the light is bending around edges of things in teh closet, I may have to try some physics experiments. I'll keep y'all posted.

Back
Top Bottom