Konk's 1st Grow: ON Canada

Dude, you are seriously killing it. Whatever you’re doing keep doing it and whoever is helping you keep listening. Plants look dynamite Konk! :passitleft:
:rofl: it's you and all the member journals here than I am stalking, but it is nice to hear!

:rofl: it's you and all the member journals here than I am stalking, but it is nice to hear!
Thanks man but all I did was recommend finding some fellow Canadians growing outdoors . Give yourself credit for getting out there to find the help. You’ve got good growers in here giving ya good feedback. I’m just along for the dirt empire ride. :passitleft:

I could use some advice, please. I need to decide if I will buy a loupe or microscope and research what hygrometer sort of device or if one is used during the curing process... I've just started researching this thread and this one, too.

Last online order took forever, so I have something new to over think about. To date this has been a locally sourced "Home Hardware" sort of grow, but I think these items are needed. I do have a decent camera phone but dont know if that will cut it. I'm in this deep, but cheap, af. I am in for the $35 Canadian lol to get free shipping, maybe $50 but that seems excessive for my dollar store accoutrements.

Any input, links, curing on the super cheap tutorials even a spot to pose this question would be appreciated, thanks!

I am still on this mission, if anyone has any input please jump in.

I followed Shed's Rice Balls to Lower RH in jars thread and asked a few questions. Got this thread to research Sauga's Ride On The Pineapple Express
Did a quick look and it's even the right page, Shed rocks!

Still need to figure out type of hygrometer and actual cure process...
Also need to order a loupe or microscope soon, maybe lol

I am still on this mission, if anyone has any input please jump in.

I followed Shed's Rice Balls to Lower RH in jars thread and asked a few questions. Got this thread to research Sauga's Ride On The Pineapple Express
Did a quick look and it's even the right page, Shed rocks!

Still need to figure out type of hygrometer and actual cure process...
Also need to order a loupe or microscope soon, maybe lol
I went looking for my scope last night. I shouldn't look for stuff stoned. Couldn't find it so I ordered another...just $6 off eBay. Gotta have that little jewel.

I went looking for my scope last night. I shouldn't look for stuff stoned. Couldn't find it so I ordered another...just $6 off eBay. Gotta have that little jewel.
I put stuff away high and I just try to stay high enough to find it later :laugh:
I have a cart ready $50.41 - 2 pack loupe, 4 pack hygrometer and shears. I need to get through the weather, start researching harvest and then curing but am feeling overwhelmed already. :lot-o-toke:

Just take one thing at a time Konk. Focus on what you can do for your girls to help them with the weather and keeping watered/fed properly. The drying part is easy, it’s the cure afterwards that’s really important. There is plenty of people here to help ya with that and plenty of info on the internet.

Just take one thing at a time Konk. Focus on what you can do for your girls to help them with the weather and keeping watered/fed properly. The drying part is easy, it’s the cure afterwards that’s really important. There is plenty of people here to help ya with that and plenty of info on the internet.
:passitleft: Thanks, you're right. I have enjoyed a gummie enduced covid break that is coming to an end. I have a list of real life stuff to offically start tomorrow and will soon need to ease a few vampire-like surly teens back into remote school mode.
I just need to spin it and enjoy the time researching and gardening while vampire slaying... it all gets real in Fall.

Heat is still on, we have had two overcast windy days but at least it is dry. I have roughed up plant #1 in the screen pretty good. I have 2 broken spots, will likely lose 1 it is pretty brown...

This is the 2nd morning with the slpint.

This is where I will cut the screen, I think. One branch flexing multiple spots, just dont want it to get cut.

I think the little one in the water is compost, it's still green hanging out in the water, but the weather is on the dreary side.

Plants are all still heavy from their last watering and whatever rain we had over night. Gave them all a good shake and mom-handled them around hoping to get some airflow under new areas of the fabric bags.

I am pretty pleased with the growth and canopy on this one. I guess it is my first unintentional clone.

Note to self:
Seeds planted June 4th, this piece broke and was planted July 20th at 46 days. This is a good time to consider cloning with enough time to have a robust plant in flower...providing it's female. Don't count your chickens and all that. Up-pot this with intent to grow a plant worthy of a large pot with a lot of drainage.

I am in no hurry with this. The experiment isn't as exciting and I'm not nearly as hopeful with the overcast skies. I figure leaving it is also an experiment.

Plants # 2, 3, & 4 (the bag ladies) worked topsoil added 1 heaping tablespoon of promix 3.7.3. Bloom then ~ 1 heaping scoop + small scoop of Miracle Grow 15-30-15 to about 6L of water each.
Plants #1 & 5 worked topsoil added 1 heaping tablespoon of promix 3.7.3. Bloom (no bloom for the salvages) then ~ 5 full droppers of Schultz 10-15-10 to 4L of water for the potted Rand salvage savages #5.5, 5.6 & 5.7, too .

Note:
Plant #5, pisitls August 15 ~ today day 23
Plants #1-4, pisitils August 21 ~ today day 17
So, this might suck a whole lot! :cough:

I gave the top dressing bloom stuff Monday after checking my journal...not very well, apparently, because I did so on the 30th, too. Instructions are every 3 to 4 weeks and that is less than 10 days. If this whole thing shits the bed, it will be on me.

I am more of a realist than an optimist, but am gonna chill for a minute here before I freak out. I think there are so many nutrients in use, just in this forum alone used by different growers, that this may push them but they will hopefully be ok.

On a side note I had drafted an Emilya batman type shout out seeking any tutorials or experience with banana tea during the last 6 weeks of flowering. So glad it was a draft lol I think I will just sit in the bush and observe while they lighten up and hold off on any additions for a bit.

I put stuff away high and I just try to stay high enough to find it later :laugh:
I have a cart ready $50.41 - 2 pack loupe, 4 pack hygrometer and shears. I need to get through the weather, start researching harvest and then curing but am feeling overwhelmed already. :lot-o-toke:

I pulled the trigger on my order $50.19 all in on a $50 budget! Should be here by next Tuesday, we will see.

They will be okay, Since you like to experiment and all I found this thread Cob method and in the future I will try it out. Long thread but the first couple of entries explain a lot
I am already overwhelmed trying to learn a few basics, but after a quick view of the flowchart with potentially 5 plants I am thinking that it looks super cool. I bookmarked it, thanks!

Splint seems to be helping, or it isn't any worse.

#5, farthest ahead of the crop.
It's all still looking great. I doubt you'll have much prob with the topping. Nature prob flushed you out a little. I see that wires still on there. Has the joint healed? I'd remove it if it has. Just another thing to get moldy.
What did ya buy for $50? Seed? I musta missed something...lol

Hard to believe this is a first grow. You've done so well.

It's all still looking great. I doubt you'll have much prob with the topping. Nature prob flushed you out a little. I see that wires still on there. Has the joint healed? I'd remove it if it has. Just another thing to get moldy.
What did ya buy for $50? Seed? I musta missed something...lol

Hard to believe this is a first grow. You've done so well.

Thanks, I figure mine should be fine, hopefully. Growers to seem to push max doses and I am trying not to get to far down the worry road.
I do appreciate your advice removing the splint, but I am going to ignore your suggestion, but only while the weather is on the dry side :thedoubletake:...It was hanging on by a few threads of stem. If it was pooling or appeared saturated I would be out there now. I will keep my eye on it, thanks.

I gave myself a $50 budget ordered a loupe, hygometer and some shears. Just tyring not to fall behind.

Things cooler for you now? I saw your bud rot post. Seems like you caught things early!

We had about 30 seconds of lighter than overcast today. It has been 4 dreary days, but on the upside it's not raining.

Crop is 14 weeks from seed today.
Plant #5, pistils August 15 today is day 26
Plants #1-4, pistils August 21 today is day 20 days

I live in the boonies and was surprised when the order I was expecting next Tuesday arrived today! I now have my loupe, shears and a couple mini hygrometers, but I did not have any luck at all in the jar department :rolleyes:

This creepy crawly was here in the morning and still on the same leaf after dinner.

There are leaves blowing around the yard, a couple maples have leaves changing colour and we are forecasted 3° overnight, that's 37F but dry. So far, so good.

I notice that green beetle is still on that same leaf this morning.

We have a frost warning for tonight. I have a wagon, screened in room, a garage and a tarp overhead in my arsenal to begin googling how I'll deal with this the best I can. On an uplifting note it is brightening up today.

Backbuilding ~ anyone try this? I am not sure where we will go weather wise just yet but am hopefully soon approaching that 5 week mark!

I am also wondering if I maybe drove a spike into one....

Back
Top Bottom