LaquerHead's LOS: Gold Rush, Strawberry Glue & More!

What are using to kill them?
I've tried ISO/neem/spinosad/ladybugs and had a bit of luck but didnt clear them out completely.... So now I'm trying out some mite predators - Neoseilus Fallacis to be exact!

Mini update today! We'll start with the girls in flower, since they seemed to be putting on a show for everyone this morning :circle-of-love: kinda surprised we haven't seen hairs yet, but can't be far away!!

Was somewhat nervous as to whether or not I had set the "herd" up for success during veg..but have little doubt now! They are definitely hitting their stride

Gold Rush is nearing her time in veg, spreading her out the last little bit as of now. I hope there's room for her o_O

I pulled the two taller looking shoots towards the bottom down a bit to open the center up some more! She's perfect :)

8 cups per cu. ft. of rock dusts
Wow that’s a massive amount of rock dusts! I used 1c per cu ft and then my reading/research suggested that was tok much, so I backed it off and seemed to get slightly better results. Interesting.... can’t argue with the results you’ve seen though can I?? 8 cups! :eek: I really look forward to you giving it a whirl :)

Looking fantastic in the flower tent :thumb: :yummy:

Wow that’s a massive amount of rock dusts! I used 1c per cu ft and then my reading/research suggested that was tok much, so I backed it off and seemed to get slightly better results. Interesting.... can’t argue with the results you’ve seen though can I?? 8 cups! :eek: I really look forward to you giving it a whirl :)

Looking fantastic in the flower tent :thumb::yummy:
Thank you! It's quite a lot...It and the mulch is where nearly everything comes from!! The plants I've seen seem to love it..The simplicity of it all has blown my mind. I can't wait to try it...even my dark devil might thrive :yahoo:

Yeh, I can’t wait to see you do it!!
- I know both Doc Bud and Conradino have done some experimental grows using just ‘this or that’ only, to discover stuff, see what happens etc. I remember seeing Conradino post something once, kind of for Doc, that was grown in nothing much else but langbeinite (sp?), and it looked awesome! That was quite a few years ago - found it trawling. Long before langbeinite was the next groovy thing in rock dusts. @conradino23 is quite the trend setter :D
:smokin:

I don't remember that honestly, but I added some to the soil once and couldn't find any significant difference :)

Yah - it’s a tough one. Those stroage mites and cheese mites do look a little bit like the spider mites I had here at the end of my last season. But I dont know if the predators will get any other mite. I do remember reading something about that predator - prey relationship being fairly specific. But I’m sure you’ve read it all much more recently than I!

If they’re in the soil then anything that might kill them like alcohol or H202 will kill your soil biota too. You can rebuild that but it’s not something you want to be doing during a grow.

If they’re chees mites and in the soil, then they will be eating your root hyphae (which you’ve likely learned already) so i’d also recommend adding a bit of mycorrhizae to your waterings to help keep up the root inoculate.

I’ll pipe up again if I remember anything or come accross anything new that might help. It’s a head scratcher that’s for sure! :hmmmm:
What about lady bugs ? They kill everything and in states you guys get accessibility to them unlike us Canadians

- I know both Doc Bud and Conradino have done some experimental grows using just ‘this or that’ only, to discover stuff, see what happens etc. I remember seeing Conradino post something once, kind of for Doc, that was grown in nothing much else but langbeinite (sp?), and it looked awesome! That was quite a few years ago - found it trawling. Long before langbeinite was the next groovy thing in rock dusts. @conradino23 is quite the trend setter :D
Down to earth langbeinite 0-0-22 lol crazy but only in states

Thanks Penny! The blue dream has my full attention....I seriously hope I dont get nanners though, I see now that its pretty common! :rolleyes:
I forget, who is your Blue Dream from? I grew ILGMs and theirs nannered on me. They were sterile but still nannered. Gonna run HSO's version next.

I use a lot of Langbeinite in my soil mix. Lots of minerals and rock dust as well. I need to run my latest mixure again and NOT forget to add the Mg in there like I did last time. I have been chasing my tail with that. I had upped my minerals last time again, but haven't been able to gauge the effects had since I screwed up the Mg. Gonna mix another batch next week.....assuming I can find my notebook with the soil recipe lol.

Back
Top Bottom