Lavendar's - Continual Harvest - 5th Grow

Hi Lavendar! You have been a busy girl lately. Glad you got to get and see the farmer's MMJ market.
Wish we had one here. I have never been to any gathering of growers. I bet secrets were passed around freely. And opinions,;)

Your smoke report was first class as usual. Sure helps us all in deciding what to grow. Hawaiian Snow is at the top of my list. Thanks for doing this for us all. :)

Hi Lavendar! You have been a busy girl lately. Glad you got to get and see the farmer's MMJ market.
Wish we had one here. I have never been to any gathering of growers. I bet secrets were passed around freely. And opinions,;)

Your smoke report was first class as usual. Sure helps us all in deciding what to grow. Hawaiian Snow is at the top of my list. Thanks for doing this for us all. :)

high sweetie,
glad youre feeling better....stay low profile till you feel up to it....the h.s. is def. worth it...unless it goes downhill while curing? not...(well, not likely) its a def. keeper here....now to really learn how to grow it....cant plant any new seeds yet, but am chomping at the bit on that one....even been looking at seeds....what? no...i didnt say that....ive been so good....i need to learn how to clone...this is rediculous....only have about a million things to do....well, not that many, but alot....find a butter mold, make bus. cards, menu, labels, and all of that... design a booth, and display, and keep a receipt for taxes...i think i may just stay at home instead.....i'll just GO TO the farmers market...
gee, i feel so relieved....decitions
thanks friend....later, L and hubby

Nice report lavender,they sound nice:)

they are a pain in the backside, everyone of them, but i love them all...they are a great feeling of accomplishment for me....they arent the biggest or the heaviest, but they are my best, and as long as i keep improving, i have a goal....thank you....later, L

That is a quit a detailed report on each of those strains, a fine example that I'll have to borrow for my journal.

Great growing L, I'll be skimming thru the 75 pages for a better look, take care.

thank you, but some are alot better than others....i try to put in some of the growing conditions and prob. that i had, and i hope to get in more of that later....the more detail i can do, the more i can help someone else maybe not walk into the same wall....we all do better with certain plants i think...our own niche, where its not work, its comfortable and happy....later, L

Hello my friend, just caught up as it's been way too long since I've been out and about!

Whew! The pics on the other page of the Hawaiian Snow and others (can't remember) Really like the way you've trained your plants up the wall.

Going out of sequence here,.. as usual you have delivered another stellar report Lavendar. The Hawaiian Snow sounds like a real winner and will go on my list of 'Plants to grow when I'm able' list.

That festival sounded fantastic, I would love to show my hickory pipes at an event like that while enjoying the sites, smells and tastes going on all around.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby and to all of your great fans!

:blunt:

:bravo: Just for general principles. Just driving by and just wanted to thank you....forgot what for...oh wait, for taking care of your friends. :)

I love your girls lavendar and I can't even imagine trying to keep them all straight on what likes what.

Hey, I am sure you have looked at so many different cloning methods but if you are interested I have settled on this for ease and availability.

I use some off brand of cocoa cubes...mine were "dirty" so I flush them with scalding hot water before use but straight from the bag you can skip that.

I prepare a light warm water bath full of hormone powder...brands aren't as important as that it has an anti fungal and a basic hormone supplement (IAA). I dump a small amount in the water and when I take my clones I cut below a node, because I do the actual clone cut through the node. Then I soak it in that tub making sure the end is kept under water. But I leave it in the warm (to open the stomata) hormone rich water to fill it's stomata and coat them in antifungal's.

I then make a diagonal cut while the node is underwater with my barber scissor's (sharp) and if you have gel, it would go straight into that and into the cube...I skip that step...I skip the powder too, only clone I have lost was covered in powder still and no roots.

How I use the cube is this...I push the cutting carefully into the coco material below the bottom of the hole in the cube...so it has to be making perfect contact (if the end is in an air bubble the clone will die).

I then squeeze on all four sides to try and ensure as complete of contact as possible with the stem. I then dunk those cubes in the light hormone water to completely soak them with it and put them in my humidity dome...only trick here is to open it twice a day to exchange the air, but a perfect seal is fine. I use 18/6, but not sure that is important as long as you maintain a veg cycle. Re-wet the cubes as needed, but never completely soak again...(this is my observation, but the roots appear faster on the drier cubes..:bong:, or might be a stoner coincidence).

I average 2 weeks, I am sure with better compound or even some gel, my time would decrease but I am sure like me time is not a big consideration for you.

One key thing (I think) is to make sure the light they get is no more than bare maintenance so they don't consume themselves growing vegetation (Got that one from an old timer that is no longer here). The vegetation is your root system until you grow roots, they will drink from the humidity what they need and nibble on their intervascular food supply for roots when they pop them.

As far as compounds go, I was really impressed with the root structure on Karagrow's cloning...I may try what she is doing as they look very healthy (when budget allows).

I think my basic way should work most of the time though, unless you have some issues with microbes in your water, etc.

And I am sure you have read everything I have said before, and probably done it all too...just wanted to chat...:tokin: (I been awful about keeping up with peoples journals)

:peace: to you lady lavendar and to your hubby and Happy Thanksgiving.

thanks mt.
i ordered the coco and got the willow water....is that what i keep them damp with...and if i want to make a gal. of w.water, do i just put this qt. of water and sticks in a jug and let them soak...or is there a certain amt. of sticks i need, and how long do they last....lot of questions there...my son cuts under water, ive never tried it...so i will...right now, i have about two inchs deep in a quart jar, filled with tepid water.....need to find a tree....will it work any time of yr....or just certain time?
ok, now, lets say ive soaked the coco in the w. water....they are in the tray, which sits in a tray...now, do i put w. water in the tray below for them to dangle in? or leave the bottom tray dry except for drippings....how long do i leave the lid? and i have been leaving the lid three days and then taking it off, or proping it up with a stick, or opening the vents on the top....
after i cut them under water thru the node, i use an exacto blade, steralized, how far into the cube do i put them....ok with the squeezing media around the stem....for support, and to keep light and air out....warm water? ok, now thats diff. and makes sence....would open the pores....
so as soon as the goodies get here....I'll give it a go...as all of the last ones just finished dying....i think i may have one with roots....thanks for the ideas...and the thank you....hugs, and happy turkey day, and please convo aand such anytime....i learn from you....L

Hello my friend, just caught up as it's been way too long since I've been out and about!

Whew! The pics on the other page of the Hawaiian Snow and others (can't remember) Really like the way you've trained your plants up the wall.

Going out of sequence here,.. as usual you have delivered another stellar report Lavendar. The Hawaiian Snow sounds like a real winner and will go on my list of 'Plants to grow when I'm able' list.

That festival sounded fantastic, I would love to show my hickory pipes at an event like that while enjoying the sites, smells and tastes going on all around.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby and to all of your great fans!

:blunt:

yeah, we dont do thanksgiving per ce....but....we do celebrate turkey day...great fall meat....actually for the more militant natives, it could be a day of mourning....just had to say that....since i was little, weve called it turkey day, and it works....black friday is also, american indian day....why?? we get all the good holidays....who knows....
just doing chix. this yr......with the turkey trimmings stuff....think i'll flatten the chix breasts, make dressing, and stuff the planks and roll them up and bake....that should make them a little fancier....didnt bake this holiday....but it will be fine....take care and enjoy....and have a great big piece of turkey for me....hugs, L took a half a cookie last night...the right dosage for me...worked great....good stuff....at least im not afraid of them now....L

thanks mt.
i ordered the coco and got the willow water....is that what i keep them damp with...and if i want to make a gal. of w.water, do i just put this qt. of water and sticks in a jug and let them soak...or is there a certain amt. of sticks i need, and how long do they last....lot of questions there...my son cuts under water, ive never tried it...so i will...right now, i have about two inchs deep in a quart jar, filled with tepid water.....need to find a tree....will it work any time of yr....or just certain time?
ok, now, lets say ive soaked the coco in the w. water....they are in the tray, which sits in a tray...now, do i put w. water in the tray below for them to dangle in? or leave the bottom tray dry except for drippings....how long do i leave the lid? and i have been leaving the lid three days and then taking it off, or proping it up with a stick, or opening the vents on the top....
after i cut them under water thru the node, i use an exacto blade, steralized, how far into the cube do i put them....ok with the squeezing media around the stem....for support, and to keep light and air out....warm water? ok, now thats diff. and makes sence....would open the pores....
so as soon as the goodies get here....I'll give it a go...as all of the last ones just finished dying....i think i may have one with roots....thanks for the ideas...and the thank you....hugs, and happy turkey day, and please convo aand such anytime....i learn from you....L

Well I am not using the willow water currently, just some cheap powder stuff...use to be called Rootone. I would normally use the willow branches but it is only when they are greenish or greenish yellow...the auxin's depart as they stop growing in fall, will start using them again in spring, especially spring, should be nice auxin supplies then...but it still has the anti-fungal's (salicylic acid) in the bark so I suppose it is better than nothing to still.

For making the willow water normally though, I boil water and put 20 ~8" branch ends (the ones aimed down) into the water into a gallon jug, then pour the boiling water over them and let it set an hour. That compound will last up to a month in the fridge but is best right away. And yes that would be the compound I soak the cubes and branches in if my willow tree in the back wasn't hibernating.

I would not let the cubes soak in the compound, but save it aside in the fridge to water the cubes with...which depending on your humidity, you may not ever have to. But you can put a layer of compound or water in the bottom to help with the domes humidity if you want.

As far as the humidity dome...lifting it up twice a day and setting it back down is sufficient. You are only resupplying infinitesimal needs for basic plant maintenance....they do not like to be out of the high humidity for any length of time. Since they are meeting their needs from foliar intake only.

I make sure to push the end about 1/8-1/4" into the coco material, the material beyond the pre-supplied hole. Just need to ensure the cut end is touching coco and not air.

Hope I answered all your questions...:tokin:

:peace: to you and your lady lavendar from my chilly mountain garden.

yeah, we dont do thanksgiving per ce....but....we do celebrate turkey day...great fall meat....actually for the more militant natives, it could be a day of mourning....just had to say that....since i was little, weve called it turkey day, and it works....black friday is also, american indian day....why?? we get all the good holidays....who knows....
just doing chix. this yr......with the turkey trimmings stuff....think i'll flatten the chix breasts, make dressing, and stuff the planks and roll them up and bake....that should make them a little fancier....didnt bake this holiday....but it will be fine....take care and enjoy....and have a great big piece of turkey for me....hugs, L took a half a cookie last night...the right dosage for me...worked great....good stuff....at least im not afraid of them now....L

Sorry L! I amaze myself at how stupid I can be sometimes! I could win awards in that category! :)

Hoe you had a great turkey day or in your case a great chicken day. Your recipe sounded delicious by the way!

Well I am not using the willow water currently, just some cheap powder stuff...use to be called Rootone. I would normally use the willow branches but it is only when they are greenish or greenish yellow...the auxin's depart as they stop growing in fall, will start using them again in spring, especially spring, should be nice auxin supplies then...but it still has the anti-fungal's (salicylic acid) in the bark so I suppose it is better than nothing to still.

For making the willow water normally though, I boil water and put 20 ~8" branch ends (the ones aimed down) into the water into a gallon jug, then pour the boiling water over them and let it set an hour. That compound will last up to a month in the fridge but is best right away. And yes that would be the compound I soak the cubes and branches in if my willow tree in the back wasn't hibernating.

I would not let the cubes soak in the compound, but save it aside in the fridge to water the cubes with...which depending on your humidity, you may not ever have to. But you can put a layer of compound or water in the bottom to help with the domes humidity if you want.

As far as the humidity dome...lifting it up twice a day and setting it back down is sufficient. You are only resupplying infinitesimal needs for basic plant maintenance....they do not like to be out of the high humidity for any length of time. Since they are meeting their needs from foliar intake only.

I make sure to push the end about 1/8-1/4" into the coco material, the material beyond the pre-supplied hole. Just need to ensure the cut end is touching coco and not air.

Hope I answered all your questions...:tokin:

:peace: to you and your lady lavendar from my chilly mountain garden.

yep, you did, thank you...
i wondered if the spring woulld make a diff...believe it or not, i thought it would....everything takes off in spring.....
didnt know about the growing down tips tho...but those are the ones i grabbed.....
do you save them? or do they need to be fresh? probably fresh i imagine....
yep, have that powder also....thank you...
these are from this spring....probably just good for the antifungal....the kid was given them by the woman he grows for sometime last spring...or summer...anyway, she got 12 from a plant he could get none of....so must work....happy turkey day...and those plants look great....hugs L and hubby

Sorry L! I amaze myself at how stupid I can be sometimes! I could win awards in that category! :)

Hoe you had a great turkey day or in your case a great chicken day. Your recipe sounded delicious by the way!

no big thing, i still say it when people say it to me....easier than explaining....pretty ez going on that stuff.....its a good meat, one of my favs, other than moose....thats my fav....beef w/o the fat....good stuff...
my dinner was horrid....seems im on a tear where meals are concerned....not into cooking this time....i burned it ... was tougher than boot leather....and the only roll that was not tough was in the center....so gave that to hubby...will have to redeam myself at xmas .. or.. and then last night i burned dinner....thats 3 nights in a row....he finally asked if i was tired of cooking, i just laughd and said it appears so.....when i start goofing it up, im done for a while....boredom....sameness bores, boredom kills.....me and cooking, just too many years....and cant think of anything that remotely sounds good....actually the only thing that sounds good is meat, cheese and a good sourdough....with a dill pickle and some horseradish....oh well, but that is not what he calls dinner....darn....anyway, happy holidays to you all...L

I get like that too Lav. Cooking is such a chore. Check the freezer.... pull out something... get out my magnifying glass so I can read the microwave instructions.... I need something easier!

We Did A Trash Can Turkey, and I must say it was the best turkey ever!! Beer steamed that bird!!:yummy:

what pray tell...is a trash can turkey....steamed in beer sounds good....receipe please....L:thumb:

I get like that too Lav. Cooking is such a chore. Check the freezer.... pull out something... get out my magnifying glass so I can read the microwave instructions.... I need something easier!

yep, boring.....still have a miserable cold....its the pits being sick during the holidays....i may just retire for a while, and do nothing....well, got to go stick some more dead clones in coco this time....at least im learning how to kill them in every medium available....thats not boring...just the result...how do peeps do it???? see, its the attitude thats got me...i call them dead before they are even planted....got to change that attitude about cloning....later, L

high all,
got in some new cloning stuff today,
i got a t5 light on an adjustable stand, and a new dome, and some coco pucks....also am trying olivias cloning fluid this time....
im trying to have a positive attitude about it, but im not holding out alot of hope right about now....i have some willow water, and will use it on half of them, as i dont know for sure when the lady cut the sticks....i think it was last summer....so they may still be good.....they sent some clone x powder with the dome....i thought they were sending pucks, but ordered them separate....so they will get here eventually....going to retire the gnome buckets for a while....or at least one of them....some stuff does really well in the bucket....wish i could figure it out....do nothing diff. with them, they just rot....oh well, practice makes perfect....L

I will do ya one better, Ill Link A Video: Trash Can Turkey

Keep in mind, they are a little country- But it really works. I did a 11.6lb Turkey, and I did it for 2 hours (just to make sure) and it was awesome!:peacetwo:

that is great!!! thank you soooo much....gotta try that....would be great out camping....i wonder about the galvanized can tho?? but no matter, it only serves as an oven....not really touching the bird....got to try that....thanks again...L:thumb::thumb:

That turkey sure did look good! I keep birdseed in one of those trash cans....hmmmm

As far as the clones go, have you tried clonex gel? That is what I use, I have the red and the blue. Think I use the blue on the clones.

Just tap your heels together three times and say "I can do it!" three times.... :wood::wood::wood:

Back
Top Bottom