Little Green Man's Plantation - Round II

Just checked out your journal. very nice work my man, those plants look stupendisly healthy! Have you brought plants trough flower in those pots? They look like 1 gallon pots and I'm wondering if they would get rootbound during flowering...

:thanks: kind sir, The pots they were originally in were 3/4 gallon, the pots i just transplanted em into are 2 1/2 gallon. These are my final buckets as i'm in flowering now. With the 3/4 gallon pots i have flowered for 5 weeks and was fine, so i'm sure the 2 and a half gallon jobies will do the trick. Just want at least 2 z's a female and i'll be a happy man.

:thanks: kind sir, The pots they were originally in were 3/4 gallon, the pots i just transplanted em into are 2 1/2 gallon. These are my final buckets as i'm in flowering now. With the 3/4 gallon pots i have flowered for 5 weeks and was fine, so i'm sure the 2 and a half gallon jobies will do the trick. Just want at least 2 z's a female and i'll be a happy man.

2 z's per female is not asking a lot from a non-autoflowering plant. I don't imagine that will be a problem at all in a 2.5gallon pot. Are they the cool 2.5 gallon square pots? I love how you can link those together and use every square inch of your grow space.

Day 27

Plants are looking fine. a little bit stretched but still green and growing. All plants have preflowers and budsites starting to form towards the top of the plant. Starting to get smelly too, i'll probably hook the carbon filter up sometime later in the week.

the carbo load has left the inside of my res and all the tubes submersed in water with this slimy film on it. I expected as much but I didn't expect it to be yellow. Starting to concern me (given my history with root rot) so i'll probably exclude the carbo load from the res nutes for the next changeout.

ph. 5.65
ppm 1350 (sensi bloom A &B, Carboload, Big bud, ph down)
temp 75

I'll attach pictures in a couple hours. PEACE!

picture update. I've noticed that some of the fan leaves are turning sideways. It's very very strange. Never seen anything like it. If anyone has any ideas why this may be happening (see plant in front row, middle) please feel free to chime in.

P10101012.JPG
P1010102.JPG
P10101032.JPG
P10101041.JPG
P1010105.JPG
P10101061.JPG
P1010107.JPG
P10101082.JPG
P1010109.JPG

They look so unique with the synchronized sideways leaf thingy on either side of the plant. :) Never encountered that one before brother. Maybe they are trying to face a strong reflective surface in the grow room. To answer your square pot question, no they are not the space saving square ones , but as they get wider ( currently above two feet wide and above two feet tall ) the buckets have to be spaced a bit anyways and it really doesnt matter. With the smaller plants however that get in closer together to maximize light distribution the square ones are better options for the job. Leaves turning sideways may just be a natural thing that happens and we generally dont notice, because your plants look really healthy brother. :clap:

No idea what changed (all the quantifiable aspects of the room are the same), but the leaves are fixed. The plants look totally fine now. As a matter of fact, they have grown like 6+inches. They look like they did on day 37 of the last grow and today is only day 29.

I'll do a picture update in a couple of days so everyone can be flabbergasted.

I promise I got big things brewing up in this tent ;)

LGM, those girls are sexy! 30 days in and looking good! Seems like you are running much more smoothly this go round. Keep it green man!

I certainly am running much more smoothly. I leave them alone completely but run in every couple of days to adjust the ph down a 1/4tsp or so of ph down. thats all though. everything is on timers, the babies are doing all the work.

Day 37

Plants have blown up big time.

Tallest - 21''
Shortest- 10''
All are about a foot or more wide

Budsites everywhere and they smell POTENT. They have been drinking about a half gallon a day per plant (5 gallons a day of nutrient water).

Just did a res change and it was completely void of any bacteria or slime (I attribute this fully to the 1tsp of bleach I've been adding to the res every couple of days)

I also swapped out the CMH light with another HPS light. So now I have both the 1000w hps (set down to 750w) and a 400w hps in there. So 1150w of hps light.

PH- 5.85
Ppm - 1450
Temp - 77F at top of canopy , 73F at base of plants during the day , 56-58F at night.

Enjoy!

P10101101.JPG
P10101112.JPG
P1010112.JPG
P1010113.JPG
P1010115.JPG
P1010116.JPG
P1010117.JPG

Back
Top Bottom