Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Hi Everyone.

I'm just curious... I mentioned the other day that I was devising a Canna Lotion Kit for DrDoob right now. What I'm wondering is if any of you think this might be something I might try to sell. Do you think the idea is valid enough that some of the 420-ers might like to purchase a kit like this?

To refresh your memory, with my kit all you will have to do is infuse the oils I provide with your own weed and afterwards melt a few other ingredients into the mix and then whip it all up with a stick blender and voila! Instant fluffy non-greasy canna pain lotion.

The lotion will be composed of excellent quality oils that will both carry the cannabinoids deep into your tissues while also Deep conditioning your skin.

Does that sound like something someone on this site might want?

Your thoughts and observations are most welcomed.

Magnus.

Hi Everyone.

I'm just curious... I mentioned the other day that I was devising a Canna Lotion Kit for DrDoob right now. What I'm wondering is if any of you think this might be something I might try to sell. Do you think the idea is valid enough that some of the 420-ers might like to purchase a kit like this?

To refresh your memory, with my kit all you will have to do is infuse the oils I provide with your own weed and afterwards melt a few other ingredients into the mix and then whip it all up with a stick blender and voila! Instant fluffy non-greasy canna pain lotion.

The lotion will be composed of excellent quality oils that will both carry the cannabinoids deep into your tissues while also Deep conditioning your skin.

Magnus.
I like lotions more than butters and would be interested, but I'm not in North America.

I'm going to share info from the Tisserand Institute mainly in the form of safety charts that are in the public domain. I've repeatedly seen the Tisserand Institute refered to when it comes to safety, so I'm assuming they are a good resource. They also have a book called Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals (ISBN-10:0443062412) that is extremely highly rated, but unfortunately out of my price range.

@Cannabinerd - I don't know how much money you can afford for this book but there's a website called Abe Books that is essentially an online used bookstore. They have a brand new copy of this book for $10.49 US and free shipping. Here's the link, if you're interested:

Essential Oil Safety - AbeBooks

...devising a Canna Lotion Kit

Hey Magnus - i think this is an great idea. I don’t need it myself but can see that for many folks
It may be just the ticket.

It sounds, from your description, like there’d be some other ingredients to buy, apart form the cannabis and the blended oil you’ll send. I think to be really a “easy access” kit, you could consider providing everything needed except the cannabis so all folks have to procure is that.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes for Doob! :popcorn:

Hey Magnus - i think this is an great idea. I don’t need it myself but can see that for many folks
It may be just the ticket.

It sounds, from your description, like there’d be some other ingredients to buy, apart form the cannabis and the blended oil you’ll send. I think to be really a “easy access” kit, you could consider providing everything needed except the cannabis so all folks have to procure is that.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes for Doob! :popcorn:
The only thing one would need to provide would be distilled water. No reason to ship water to someone in my mind. But thanks for the encouragement, Amy.

I like lotions more than butters and would be interested, but I'm not in North America.
Hi Demorais,

If you were willing to pay for the shipping I would be willing to ship it to you. No problem.

Magnus

The only thing one would need to provide would be distilled water. No reason to ship water to someone in my mind. But thanks for the encouragement, Amy.
oH ok - i was just basing that on where you said folks would need to
melt a few other ingredients into the mix
So i was assuming they were extra things, not realising they were part of the kit - my mistake!

Why don't you write a recipe book Magnus ?
Because the regular recipe book market for regular lotions is completely saturated and I DID once think of writing a canna lotion recipe book... maybe I should dust off that old idea...

Best,
Magnus

Thanks Shed! I’m about to make an oil aimed at treating eczema for 2 people i know. I’m planning to use CBD only (already decarb’d and in the freezer), so it’s good to hear about that success. I was going to use sweet Almond oil as the carrier and keep it as an oil, but maybe I should consider a more involved recipe with coconut oil base, more like what you outline there. I haven’t made that kind of topical yet tho’ and I’m not sure I’m up for a new process ATM.

That's the same reason I haven't made any for him. I could just get some shea/coco butter and use infused coconut oil to keep the ingredients simple (and some beeswax to thicken it up). Here is the ingredient list on the endoca version:
endoca.JPG

Keep in the refrigerator!

I meant return from your QWISO wash. You start with buds that are a certain % THC, then you wash the trichomes from the buds, but you also get some amount of plant matter and chlorophyll. So the oil you are left with is not 100% THC. In the case of your oil, it was 30% THC, which seems low to me.

I didn't factor in the Everclear wash because that was just an attempt to bind it to the iso and cook it all away, leaving you with the same THC percentage (I hope!).

So with 15ml/g of oil at 30% THC, 65ml of EVOO/LSL, and an efficiency of 100%, I get 69.23mg/ml. Pretty close to what you ended up with.
Shed, just wanted to let you know that I didn't add in at the 5ml of LSL, so when I did I got the same amount as you!

Also, fwiw, not sure I mentioned this previously, but your comment about "30% THC which seems low to me" reminded me to tell you that I started with one qt jar filled to the top with AVB. The strains ranged in the 15-20% range for THC. I soaked the AVB with ISO for weeks, then made the cco, then rewashed/dried with Everclear, etc.

I thought getting THC at 30% given I started with AVB was pretty good. Yes?

Does anyone here have any idea what the small banner adverts here on 420mag go for?

I'm thinking of going into selling my Cannabis Lotion Kits more aggressively and am just trying to guess at what kind of price I may be looking at. And, yes, I am already in contact with the powers that be about advertising here, but we havent gotten to the stage of price negotiations.

Magnus

Shed, just wanted to let you know that I didn't add in at the 5ml of LSL, so when I did I got the same amount as you!
:high-five:
Also, fwiw, not sure I mentioned this previously, but your comment about "30% THC which seems low to me" reminded me to tell you that I started with one qt jar filled to the top with AVB. The strains ranged in the 15-20% range for THC. I soaked the AVB with ISO for weeks, then made the cco, then rewashed/dried with Everclear, etc.
I thought getting THC at 30% given I started with AVB was pretty good. Yes?
I had always thought that you get very close to 100% of the available THC when dissolving the trichomes in QWET/QWISO (with the 95-99% stuff). Regardless of what the THC percentage was of the original material, what you're left with should be almost entirely THC oil. I've seen estimates of 70-90% THC. The rest by weight would be plant material and chlorophyll. Since you didn't do the QW part (having soaked it for weeks), you probably ended up with a lot of unnecessary stuff in your final product, diluting the results.

That's my guess anyway.
Does anyone here have any idea what the small banner adverts here on 420mag go for?
I'd PM @Teddy Edwards directly for that information.

Has anyone tried adding CBD isolate to their topical full spectrum oil infusion? I thought it may be a easy way to up the CBD concentration.

Hi everyone. Hope you all had good holidays. Mine was difficult as it was my first Christmas since my wife left me. So I kept it pretty quiet and basically spent Christmas with Greta and Porkchop.

I am developing a blog on cannabis recipes. Do any of you cook with weed? Do you like making edibles and trying out new recipes for them? Or maybe you've just got the one favourite brownie recipe that you use over and over again?

Regardless of how you approach cooking your edibles, I would be very interested in featuring your recipe on my blog. You, of course, would get all the credit for the recipe!

To do this, however, because I am so poor at this point in my life, I will need you to provide me with a few photos of your cooking process as you make your yummy concoctions. I would do it except since I don't have any money I cannot purchase the weed to make the cannabutter or the canna oil. Hence why, at least in the beginning, I will need you to provide me with Visual media (pics).

So are any of you out there game to be featured on my blog?

I am thinking, as well, that I'd like to do a short write up about the authors of each recipe. This way the uneducated people in the world might realize that we weed tokers are like anyone else they might know. As well, lots of people have interest in reading about others into the same things they are. I dont know if I'm making much sense right now.

So if anyone is interested please contact me either through a reply to this thread or via a personal mail sent to me at 420mag.

Have a chill day!
(No I did not say chilly day.)

Magnus.

Back
Top Bottom