Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Re: Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

I still have a hard time with acronyms here, and I've been a member a while. LOL

NO ONE takes you as rude when you ask for the standard written written word. It helps all of us.
This is a site full of great members who handle things as adults without getting their shorts in a bunch. No worries. :)

Hugs to you :hug: and hope you are doing well today! I'm going to adjust my amount of African Shea Butter and Coconut Oil in my bars this weekend. I have one more product I'm waiting on before I put the formula together for a test of the body scrub bars.

Congrats on the success SG! (supergroomer)

:circle-of-love:

Thanks for that, Cannafan! I truly appreciate your support. But if you read the reply from someone else further up, I think he did NOT appreciate my adherence to common english usage of acronyms!

Just a heads up... One of the ways that SG was able to make his cream more effective was to cut out the Coconut Oil completely. Since it does not absorb into the skin at all (or if it does, it does so at such a slow rate as to render it an impediment to a topical that actually helps the user), it can actually act as a barrier to the cannabinoids trying so desperately to enter past the skin barrier.

Just a heads up. do what you will with the information. I'm not trying to say what you are doing is wrong. It may just be counterproductive to what you are trying to do!

all my best.

I like to try things :)
The Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) is used as a delivery/carrier system. It passes easily through the skin and carries what ever is on your skin directly into the body.

Point taken. My stance is to turn towards natural methods of cream/lotion production. I tend to look for those carriers that are good for the body and skin for multiple reasons, not only to carry the oils, but to nourish the skin in the process. I believe we can, like SG, find ways to carry the cannabinoids through the skin barrier into the body and down to the muscles in ways that are also good for the body in other ways. I would, therefore, shy away from dimethyl sulfoxide. Not saying you have to follow my methods. far from it. its just not something i would naturally know about.

Point taken. My stance is to turn towards natural methods of cream/lotion production. I tend to look for those carriers that are good for the body and skin for multiple reasons, not only to carry the oils, but to nourish the skin in the process. I believe we can, like SG, find ways to carry the cannabinoids through the skin barrier into the body and down to the muscles in ways that are also good for the body in other ways. I would, therefore, shy away from dimethyl sulfoxide. Not saying you have to follow my methods. far from it. its just not something i would naturally know about.

im here to learn from all :)

Don't worry. I am like a bad rash. I never seem to go away. :) :circle-of-love::peace:

i am SURE we can develop a cream or lotion for that in here!!!! Just stick around long enough...

Thanks for that, Cannafan! I truly appreciate your support. But if you read the reply from someone else further up, I think he did NOT appreciate my adherence to common english usage of acronyms!

Just a heads up... One of the ways that SG was able to make his cream more effective was to cut out the Coconut Oil completely. Since it does not absorb into the skin at all (or if it does, it does so at such a slow rate as to render it an impediment to a topical that actually helps the user), it can actually act as a barrier to the cannabinoids trying so desperately to enter past the skin barrier.

Just a heads up. do what you will with the information. I'm not trying to say what you are doing is wrong. It may just be counterproductive to what you are trying to do!

all my best.

I hadn't read that post you mentioned. :)

I understand what you're saying on omitting the Coconut Oil. The body scrub bars aren't necessarily meant to soak in, as much as they are being used as an exfoliate for dead skin etc., it's all getting washed away after use. I will still think about whether to use it or not use it though. Based on what you're saying.
This is fun.

Edit: just to clarify, the only infusion into the scrub bars is the Hemp seeds and Hemp Seed Oil, and the coconut oil was mildly infused with CCO on the first batch. This is what I'm attempting to work on. Most of it gets washed away....but I will still like the benefit of some absorption now. It is so good to know that the coconut oil is not a great absorption method, as opposed to what so many people on the net rave it for. What I read most is that usually people tend to use way too much of it, and that causes it to block pores up? Is that about right?
I know my body felt and smelled sooooo nice and soft after using them, but they were too soft and melted away too quickly.

I hadn't read that post you mentioned. :)

I understand what you're saying on omitting the Coconut Oil. The body scrub bars aren't necessarily meant to soak in, as much as they are being used as an exfoliate for dead skin etc., it's all getting washed away after use. I will still think about whether to use it or not use it though. Based on what you're saying.
This is fun.

I'm sorry, Cannafan, but I hadn't realized you were talking about your body scrub bars. That throws a new light on the situation.

Sometimes you've got to remind me of everything. I've got a memory like a sieve...

Why would you include cannabinoids in a body scrub bar, anyway? Just asking. Since they are meant to be washed away, it seems to defeat the purpose. I imagine you are developing a line of canna products, is that correct? If so, do you need to have every product contain cannabinoids, or just certain ones? It seems to me that you could have certain ones contain them and others not... You could have supplementary products that are used to supplement your primary line of cannabinoid rich products. Just asking.

What is your purpose of your line?
What do you want to achieve with your products -- as a whole and individually?
Is the reason you want to include cannabis in each product or marketing sake or for an actual purpose?

These are tough questions and you don't have to ask them of yourself if you don't want to.

Mind you, I could be totally off base. Maybe you're not even doing that...

And yes, it is fun, isn't it? I've probably got only about another 1.5 hours to play, then i've got to check to see if my editor has sent me back another chapter of my book to check over for her. I hope so. working with an editor on my book is fun, too. it's the first time i've ever done it, though, and i hope it doesn't become dull and boring in time...

I'm sorry, Cannafan, but I hadn't realized you were talking about your body scrub bars. That throws a new light on the situation.

Sometimes you've got to remind me of everything. I've got a memory like a sieve...

Why would you include cannabinoids in a body scrub bar, anyway? Just asking. Since they are meant to be washed away, it seems to defeat the purpose. I imagine you are developing a line of canna products, is that correct? If so, do you need to have every product contain cannabinoids, or just certain ones? It seems to me that you could have certain ones contain them and others not... You could have supplementary products that are used to supplement your primary line of cannabinoid rich products. Just asking.

What is your purpose of your line?
What do you want to achieve with your products -- as a whole and individually?
Is the reason you want to include cannabis in each product or marketing sake or for an actual purpose?

These are tough questions and you don't have to ask them of yourself if you don't want to.

Mind you, I could be totally off base. Maybe you're not even doing that...

And yes, it is fun, isn't it? I've probably got only about another 1.5 hours to play, then i've got to check to see if my editor has sent me back another chapter of my book to check over for her. I hope so. working with an editor on my book is fun, too. it's the first time i've ever done it, though, and i hope it doesn't become dull and boring in time...

LOL, I edited my post a bit to clarify for you on what scrub bars have included. I'll edit this post with that in a second here. :)

Okay, Here's what I had added:

Edit: just to clarify, the only infusion into the scrub bars is the Hemp seeds and Hemp Seed Oil, and the coconut oil was mildly infused with CCO on the first batch. This is what I'm attempting to work on. Most of it gets washed away....but I will still like the benefit of some absorption now. It is so good to know that the coconut oil is not a great absorption method, as opposed to what so many people on the net rave it for. What I read most is that usually people tend to use way too much of it, and that causes it to block pores up? Is that about right?
I know my body felt and smelled sooooo nice and soft after using them, but they were too soft and melted away too quickly.

Hopefully that answers the question on what the main goal is on the scrub bars. :thumb:

Cannafan,

Would you mind pmming me on what the composition of your scrub bars is? I'm not trying to steal your recipe. I'm out of that line of work now. i just MAY be able to help you with this problem of "softness" is doing to your bars.

And if you feel comfortable just putting the composition up for everyone to see, you can do that, too.

Also, please let me know the percentages of each ingredient. that would help immensely.

Cannafan,

Would you mind pmming me on what the composition of your scrub bars is? I'm not trying to steal your recipe. I'm out of that line of work now. i just MAY be able to help you with this problem of "softness" is doing to your bars.

And if you feel comfortable just putting the composition up for everyone to see, you can do that, too.

Also, please let me know the percentages of each ingredient. that would help immensely.

When I get home tonight, or it might have to wait till the weekend, I will post the formula I used for the first bars. I don't have any problem with that, and if people want to use it and make it their own that's perfectly fine with me. I think my "product line", if and when it ever gets perfected, will be fairly localized for offering. Just more to offer patients and locals...and myself. :laugh: I have no aspirations of being a huge net sales company. I have enough to do already...really. :rofl:

Edit: in the meantime, I need to get the smell-a-vision, and cyber feel-a-bar perfected so all can test this out over the net.

:rofl:

Subbed for this too.

I currently make cream for my parents which seems to be fairly effective but always looking to improve where possible. I'm considering adding some DMSO to my next batch.

I shall follow with interest

Thanks for the thread :)

Hey Chew!!

Welcome to our Study Hall. Really appreciate your participation. We're all here to learn from each other.

You may find it helpful to read up what has happened in the study hall so far from the beginning. we've already seen one major success from one participant and we've already had one (albiet short) discussion about dimethyl sulfoxide here.

It's great to hear that you make cream for your parents. How about telling us what's in your cream? How has it been working so far? What issues have you had with it? what successes have you had with it? and most importantly how well does it work for them? What do they say about it?

Answers to these questions will help us a lot to understand how to help you.

Also, reading what has come before in the study hall has some basic information that may help you. I've tried to post some very basic information that would help people to not only understand the differences between a cream, a butter and a lotion -- so that we're all on the same page when we are having our discussions. I have also tried to give a good understanding off how to infuse oils with herbal remedies, which is the basic groundwork of what we must all do before we even concoct our formulations.

So, welcome to the study hall. You've got some studying to do!!!

(just jokin')

Hey Chew!!

Welcome to our Study Hall. Really appreciate your participation. We're all here to learn from each other.

You may find it helpful to read up what has happened in the study hall so far from the beginning. we've already seen one major success from one participant and we've already had one (albiet short) discussion about dimethyl sulfoxide here.

It's great to hear that you make cream for your parents.

How about telling us what's in your cream?

How has it been working so far?

What issues have you had with it?

what successes have you had with it? and most importantly how well does it work for them? What do they say about it?

(just jokin')

So my cream is a recipe i nicked from Supergroomer (I think lol). Its coconut & grapeseed oil, beeswax and CO.

So far, it works well, although there are mixed views between my Mum and Dad though. I haven't had any issues other than i would like to improve/change to make it more effective for my Dad and that's why i was thinking along the line of DMSO and magnesium chloride flakes

My Mum has Parkinsons and my Dad has a knackered shoulder (Very long story) I've tried many times to get my mum on the oil but she is uneducated on cannabis and feels she will be a junky! lol

So i knocked up some cream for two reasons. Her hands and wrist hurt due to parkinson's and she also suffers with a constant throbbing in her neck and head. Her anxiety is through the roof :(

She rubs the cream round her neck which does reduce the throbbing but not completely (if that's even possible)

I will go back and start from the beginning and get up to speed. Im glad i found this now and not in a months time with 200 pages to read through! lol

So my cream is a recipe i nicked from Supergroomer (I think lol). Its coconut & grapeseed oil, beeswax and CO.

So far, it works well, although there are mixed views between my Mum and Dad though. I haven't had any issues other than i would like to improve/change to make it more effective for my Dad and that's why i was thinking along the line of DMSO and magnesium chloride flakes

My Mum has Parkinsons and my Dad has a knackered shoulder (Very long story) I've tried many times to get my mum on the oil but she is uneducated on cannabis and feels she will be a junky! lol

So i knocked up some cream for two reasons. Her hands and wrist hurt due to parkinson's and she also suffers with a constant throbbing in her neck and head. Her anxiety is through the roof :(

She rubs the cream round her neck which does reduce the throbbing but not completely (if that's even possible)

I will go back and start from the beginning and get up to speed. Im glad i found this now and not in a months time with 200 pages to read through! lol

Chew,

The new version works MUCH better, faster, lasts longer and is MUCH less greasy. It absorbs very well into the skin. Give it a try!!! :circle-of-love::peace:

:hug: I will of course be here when you start Magnus :hug:
Cannafan, consider some e-whole sale pretty please :hug: My dream is a coffeshop/canna heal center, selling products. And I would love to have your products in my shop :)

:hug: I will of course be here when you start Magnus :hug:
Cannafan, concider some ehole sale plretty please :hug: My dream is a coffeshop/canna heal center, selling products. And I would love to have your products in my shop :)

Well, aren't you a sweet birdie. :)

I will consider that as soon as I get things the way I want them. I need to work on my massage oil as well. I loved it, but it needs a little tweaking yet. Too many frying pans in the fire......:laugh:

Any chance you could PM me the new recipe please Supergroomer? (when you get time)

Thank you :)

PM Sent.

For the rest of you, here it is. Feel free to ask, make suggestions, anything. I want to make this the best it can be.

I infused 2c of Grape Seed Oil with 16g assorted bud. The bud was decarbed @ 230f for 110 minutes. Added to oil in pyrex dish and cooked in oven @200f for 8hrs. Strain. In double boiler I put 1c uninfused GSO. 1.3oz beeswax grated into the oil as it heats. Once all the wax is melted, add 1c infused oil and combine. Pour out into 2 8oz containers. Works so much better then the last version.

I would normally add essential oils of some type (Lavender, sandalwood etc) but the person I was making this batch for has very sensitive skin and we wanted this the be the bare bones version. :circle-of-love::peace:

Back
Top Bottom