Malawi, Golden Tiger, Wild Thailand & Apple Betty From Herbies Seeds

Day 29 of 83

Still @ 6.5g/4L

Three days growth per strain >

Malawi 0"
Apple Betty 1/2"
Wild Thailand 0"
Golden Tiger 0"

Tied string around all of the girls but it won't be long before stakes will be required ;)

Day 29 The Girls 2 Apr 23.jpg

Perogies with onion and bacon, lazy cabbage rolls and sausage !

Perogies 1 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers

Day 29 of 83

Still @ 6.5g/4L

Three days growth per strain >

Malawi 0"
Apple Betty 1/2"
Wild Thailand 0"
Golden Tiger 0"

Tied string around all of the girls but it won't be long before stakes will be required ;)

Day 29 The Girls 2 Apr 23.jpg

Perogies with onion and bacon, lazy cabbage rolls and sausage !

Perogies 1 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers
Betty sure got tall. Be interesting comparing the weight of the final flower you get from eat different plant.

Day 31 of 85

Time for a critical look at my nutrient levels.

I have been fortunate that up till lately I have been able to feed all the girls with the same nutrient amounts.

Until lately ;)

I feed right from the start with ~half of Green Leafs feed chart recommendation and within a couple of weeks onward am still close to those full amounts.

I judge when to increase by how green the leaves are/praying/etc.

And at the start of yellowing on a few bottom leaves I go up by .5g/4L.

It has been 17 days since increasing to 6.5g/4L.

The Apple Betty seems to be just fine. Slightly yellow tips, praying, good color and growth !

Day 31 Apple Betty bud 4 Apr 23.jpg

The Golden Tiger has the slightly yellow tips also but is just not as perky as I'd like to see, slight downgrade on nutrient levels.

Day 31 Golden Tiger bud 4 Apr 23.jpg

The Malawi has slightly yellow tips and good color. No change....

Day 31 Malawi bud 4 Apr 23.jpg

The Wild Thailand on the other hand has more than yellow tips ! Less food ;)

Day 31 Wild Thailand 4 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

Day 35 of 89....

A third of the way there for the Golden Tiger :yahoo:

Yesterday the Girls were ready for water, after only Two days. I've been asking them to wait three full days, not quite wilting but light bags !

Growth over three days per strain >

Malawi 1"
Apple Betty 1/2"
Wild Thailand 0"
Golden Tiger 1/2"

Decided to do a 3X flush on the Wild Thailand. It used to be my SOP.

Not a big deal, place two sticks over a container to hold the bag. Run two full gallons of water through. Apply the water as you would a normal watering. Give it five or ten minutes to drain before the next gallon.

Third gallon with 6g of MC.

BTW > the last couple of weeks I've been giving the girls each a full one gallon milk container. So ~ 4 1/2L of fluid using their feed calculation for 4L.

Installed stakes and a wire hoop. I was too casual about her training and she turned into a bush. Far from my original intention but she was just so healthy I didn't have the heart to cut her back !

My advice, stick to your guns and don't be afraid to shape the plant into your vision.

Image that five gallon root ball feeding only a dozen or so tops !

Light/air getting to all of them from all sides.

No longer than a half hour to wet trim and hang. No longer than another half hour to buck the buds into totes after a week or so !

And no noticeable loss of yield. Using the WAG method, each of my grows is with different strains (auto and photo) and training methods but over time a pattern is emerging...

Even at this late (?) stage I'm considering a good hair cut leaving the prime top branches...

Also thinking about turning the air domes back on tomorrow.

They are there, why not use them and fully satisfy that curiosity ? ;)

Day 35 of 89  The Girls 8 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers

You've got them looking really healthy Chuck!
Well ;)

Except for the Wild Thailand !

It has stopped putting on height and the leaf tips are slightly burnt and curled up.

She is still drinking but I flushed anyway.

Planning on doing a preventive maintenance flush on the Golden Tiger today. She just doesn't look as perky as I would like to see ! The leaves are praying but with a slight droop on the ends.

Cheers

Holding off on the flush on the Golden Tiger until I have time ;)

This is the issue creeping up the Wild Thailand.

Day 36 Wild Thailand Issue 9 Apr 23.jpg

After the flush I cut the tips on the right side of this image. 24 hours and no sign of any progression !

Day 36 Wild Thailand Test Bud 9 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers
Nut. burn? GT is advertised as being sensitive to Nut. I have no idea about W Thai. I have for the last 3 years just been using organic forms of fertilizer and haven't seen Nut burn since and threw away the PH meter. I hate flushing plants as it seems to be so counter productive. Looks good

Nut. burn? GT is advertised as being sensitive to Nut. I have no idea about W Thai. I have for the last 3 years just been using organic forms of fertilizer and haven't seen Nut burn since and threw away the PH meter. I hate flushing plants as it seems to be so counter productive. Looks good
If I was using AN I would say positively nutrient burn. But with MC this is a first for me.

That is the beauty of ProMix HP, too much water runs right through it.

You end up with a plant that is watered to waste but with any accumulated out of balance nutrients washed away.

A reset if you will....

She didn't skip a beat !

Cheers

How far away & strength of the light? If looking for light the tips are always a little up and will curl.
Light is at 100% and the Malawi, Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand are all at roughly 24".

The Apple Betty is close to 12" with no issues o_O

Malawi is the only one showing slights signs of canoeing...

With spring and warmer temperatures my enclosure is running about 80F.

Raising the light and increasing the speed of my room exhaust fan will help with that...

Cheers

Day 31 of 85

Time for a critical look at my nutrient levels.

I have been fortunate that up till lately I have been able to feed all the girls with the same nutrient amounts.

Until lately ;)

I feed right from the start with ~half of Green Leafs feed chart recommendation and within a couple of weeks onward am still close to those full amounts.

I judge when to increase by how green the leaves are/praying/etc.

And at the start of yellowing on a few bottom leaves I go up by .5g/4L.

It has been 17 days since increasing to 6.5g/4L.

The Apple Betty seems to be just fine. Slightly yellow tips, praying, good color and growth !

Day 31 Apple Betty bud 4 Apr 23.jpg

The Golden Tiger has the slightly yellow tips also but is just not as perky as I'd like to see, slight downgrade on nutrient levels.

Day 31 Golden Tiger bud 4 Apr 23.jpg

The Malawi has slightly yellow tips and good color. No change....

Day 31 Malawi bud 4 Apr 23.jpg

The Wild Thailand on the other hand has more than yellow tips ! Less food ;)

Day 31 Wild Thailand 4 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?
Did I read correctly that all thru veg your feeding remained the same. The girls are looking 👀 great btw. CL🍀 :thumb: :bravo::Namaste:

Yes, feeding for all has remained the same from the start.

The amount of feed has slowly been increasing, pretty close to GreenLeafs feed schedule....

Cheers
I’m growing a Golden Tiger,Panama and a Chocolate Thai and everyone of them needs different percentages of nutrients. They are all still in veg too. That’s why I was asking about yours. CL🍀

Day 39 of 93.

Things seem to have stabilized. No progression on the Wild Thailand but the majority of the fan leaves have at least a curl on their leaf tips. It offends my OCD but I'm going to leave them o_O

The Golden Tiger didn't seem to like having her food cut back. Slight yellowing and spots on some upper leaves.

Temps were 80F and rh was up to 47%. Lights off is 74F.

Wild Thailand is ready for water four days since flush.

The rest of the girls were ready again after Two days !

All received 6.5g of MC/gallon.

As an aside, four days ago I snipped off a lower side branch of the Wild Thailand I had missed and left it on my table. Decided to test it ;)

Got enough for a bowlful and smoked maybe 1/4 of it in a bong...

Quite a Nice sativa buzz from such small immature buds and a relatively small toke, bodes well !

Day 39 The Girls 12 Apr 23.jpg

Meat and potatoes !

BBQed rib steak, home cut fries, sautéed brown mushrooms and black tiger shrimp in a honey/garlic sauce..

11 Apr BBQ steak.jpg

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom