Malawi, Golden Tiger, Wild Thailand & Apple Betty From Herbies Seeds

Day 44

Cautiously optimistic, the Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand are noticeably perkier ;)

I had a Stern talk with them this evening, told them if they don't smarten up I'm going to start phing their feed :yahoo:

Portraits...

Day 44 Wild Thailand 17 Apr 23.jpg

Day 44 Golden Tiger 17 Apr 23.jpg

Day 44 Malawi 17 Apr 23.jpg

Day 44 Apple Betty 17 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

I envy you guys that produce great plants in soil. I've only grown one in soil to finish and it wasn't much so speak of. A Durban Poison seed from a self pollinated grow. It was a fight with the bugs that ended in a draw. I did get a couple ounces and found that a self pollinated seed could produce a normal female plant that didn't self pollinate.

BTW > sorry to hear about your @DabPress experience. Do you have any images of your results ?

Thanks, Chuck. I tried to press rosin over a year ago and here are the pics I took:

Thanks, Chuck. I tried to press rosin over a year ago and here are the pics I took:
Only thing I can think of is not enough pressure.

I haven't bought my press yet but as I understand it you apply gentle pressure and wait 30 seconds or so for the material to heat up.

Then pump until you can't ;) Wait a minute and pump some more :yahoo:

Using a bag will contain all the plant matter with a small loss of yield but a cleaner product.

And apparently those rods can be installed at the back/opposite of where the handle goes on the pump, then you can lay the machine down and apply more pressure.

Cheers

Good news this evening !

All the girls received their gallon of feed two days ago.

The only one ready for more was the..... wait for it.... Wild Thailand :yahoo:

Mixed up 6.55g/gallon of MaxiBloom. PPM of 900, ph of 6.2 o_O

So pleased I don't have to mess with acid, he, he...

Only picture tonight is meat and potatoes !

Chicken wings 18 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?
Lovely, I could easily scoff that right now!

Day 49 of 103

Good news, could have been bad news. My Golden Tiger was almost sideways this evening at lights on o_O

She was overdue for stakes and wire hoop ! Good thing my space is so tight, he, he...

The surprise was how much her buds are building. Not sure why but I was expecting light and wispy. Not looking that way now ! Buds leaning all over....

The leaf tip curling seems to have stopped since the change to MaxiBloom.

Apple Betty has a slight canoeing/side yellowing on some of the upper leaves, nothing to be concerned about but....

All of The Girls received 7g/gallon of MaxiBloom !

I can actually see the final dash to finishing ;)

Day 49 Golden Tiger buds 22 Apr 23.jpg

Day 49 The Girls 22 Apr 23.jpg

Beer batter fish and cauliflower, perogies with onions, bacon bits and sour cream !

Beer batter fish and perogies 17 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers

Day 52 of 106.

I'm stumped, not sure if the Wild Thailand is getting too much food or not enough, sigh..

So I have resigned myself to not having her green right to the end, cut her feed to 5g/gallon of MaxiBoom ;)

Her buds do look like they stopped growing up while still bulking and then threw out more pistols.....

Day 52 Wild Thailand bud 26 Apr 23.jpg

Golden Tiger is chugging along......

Day 52 Golden Tiger bud 26 Apr 23.jpg

Malawi has some yellowing along the edges of her leaves but.....

Day 52 Malawi bud 26 Apr 23.jpg

The Apple Betty is Amazing :love:

I had her out to add some wire supports, she was leaning ;)

Day 52 Apple Betty full 25 Apr 23.jpg

Closer shot of her buds....

Day 52 Apple Betty buds 26 Apr 23.jpg

And the tallest...

Day 52 Apple Betty bud 26 Apr 23.jpg

The Girls posing...

Day 52 The Girls 26 Apr 23.jpg

And all tucked in ;)

Day 52 Tucked in 26 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

Day 44

Cautiously optimistic, the Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand are noticeably perkier ;)

I had a Stern talk with them this evening, told them if they don't smarten up I'm going to start phing their feed :yahoo:

Portraits...

Day 44 Wild Thailand 17 Apr 23.jpg

Day 44 Golden Tiger 17 Apr 23.jpg

Day 44 Malawi 17 Apr 23.jpg

Day 44 Apple Betty 17 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?
What version is your Golden Tiger? I’m asking because I don’t know what mine is and yours looks very similar. Btw you’re really rocking it.👍. CL🍀

What version is your Golden Tiger? I’m asking because I don’t know what mine is and yours looks very similar. Btw you’re really rocking it.👍. CL🍀
ACE says:

This current version of Golden Tiger has stronger Thai influence, is better yielding and has more refined aromas than the previous one.

Concretely, Golden Tiger currently contains 2 Thai strains (Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai), and 2 different Malawi parental plants: the Old Malawi Killer and the 3rd generation New Malawi Killer.

;)

Day 54 of 108.

Once again it seems my tendency to push the food is the issue ;)

Feed is now 5g/gallon of MaxiBloom, their recommendation but without the Cal/Mag...

Couple shots of the Golden Tiger !

Day 54 Golden Tiger full 27 Apr 23.jpg

Day 54 Golden Tiger Tops 27 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers
Those are some serious looking colas, very nice 👍. CL🍀

Day 55 of 109.

A quick peak into my enclosure at standing eye height ;)

I believe I have finally dialed in how much is just about enough for these two picky Sativa ladies :yahoo:

Leaf tip curling and yellowing has stopped. The Girls are praying and drinking normally !

Some bottom leaves are slowly yellowing, signaling a slight lack of nutrients.

At this point I going to leave the feed alone and let the plants slowly draw the rest of the nutrients they need from the leaves.

This goes against my SOP of trying to keep the leaves green right to the end. I may learn something, he, he...

I now know what nutrient burn with MC looks like, a first time with three or four grows and usually pushing the feed.

It was the leaf tip curl that threw me off.....

The Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand could have done with less, the Malawi and Apple Betty were fine !

Day 55 The Girls 28 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers

Day 55 of 109.

A quick peak into my enclosure at standing eye height ;)

I believe I have finally dialed in how much is just about enough for these two picky Sativa ladies :yahoo:

Leaf tip curling and yellowing has stopped. The Girls are praying and drinking normally !

Some bottom leaves are slowly yellowing, signaling a slight lack of nutrients.

At this point I going to leave the feed alone and let the plants slowly draw the rest of the nutrients they need from the leaves.

This goes against my SOP of trying to keep the leaves green right to the end. I may learn something, he, he...

I now know what nutrient burn with MC looks like, a first time with three or four grows and usually pushing the feed.

It was the leaf tip curl that threw me off.....

The Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand could have done with less, the Malawi and Apple Betty were fine !

Day 55 The Girls 28 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers
The Golden Tiger and Chocolate Thai that I’m growing are the same way. Yours are outstanding looking btw and not the easiest strains to grow. CL🍀 :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom