Malawi, Golden Tiger, Wild Thailand & Apple Betty From Herbies Seeds

The Golden Tiger and Chocolate Thai that I’m growing are the same way. Yours are outstanding looking btw and not the easiest strains to grow. CL🍀 :thumb:
Actually they were both rather "normal" to grow until mid flower ;)

Transplanted a bit earlier than I usually do into a larger bag than I normally use, took to training well and accepted increased nutrient levels with no complaints.

The Wild Thailand could have used a heavier hand with trimming but both were vigorous and healthy.

It does look like the Wild Thailand won't reach her full potential but there is time yet !

And all I Need is a Taste :yummy:

Cheers

Day 57 of 111.

Moving on nicely :yummy:

I asked the girls to wait three days for their feed/water. They were just starting to droop nicely !

I couldn't help myself, they all received 5.2g/gallon of MaxiBloom ;)

Did a little tidying up, removed any leaves from the bottom that were ~3/4 yellow/crisp, etc.

This is an easy way to see any further issues developing....

Also added wire supports to a few tops.

Now that we are into warmer weather the temps are in the high 70's in my room so I've raised the light about six inches. RH is ~50%.

It is now well over my 4' walls and the higher the better for ventilation/heat.

Height is roughly 24" to the average plant tops, except the Apple Betty :yahoo:

And she doesn't seem to mind ! Some pistils are turning and she is starting to Shine !

Her top colas are a solid 16" of buds :love:

Day 57 The Girls 30 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

The Wild Thailand certainly looks different from the others. But I love the closeup pics of each plant.

What a difference a week makes ;)

Day 66 of 119 !

A couple of things.....

Now that the weather is a bit more temperate I've lowered my lights to 75% to keep the temperature below 80 on the couple of hot days we've had lately (~30C).

And I've decided to go against the accepted norm and leave them there :yahoo:

On the Wild Thailand the little tassels on the tops of the buds still weren't filling in so I snipped them off !

Feed is now every four days @ 5.2g/gallon of GH MaxBloom for the Apple Betty and 5.0/gallon for the rest of the girls....

Buds and a crop of each...

Day 66 Golden Tiger bud full 7 May 23.jpg

Day 66 Golden Tiger bud Crop 7 May 23.jpg

Day 66 Wild Thailand bud full 7 May 23.jpg

Day 66 Wild Thailand bud Crop 7 May 23.jpg

Day 65 Malawi bud full 7 May 23.jpg

Day 65 Malawi bud crop 7 May 23.jpg

Day 66 Apple Betty bud full 7 May 23.jpg

Day 66 Apple Betty bud Crop 7 May 23.jpg

And the Girls....

Day 66 The Girls 7 May 23.jpg

Cheers

Day 71 of 124 !

The Malawi and Apple Betty's leaves were yellowing a little faster than I would have liked so I upped their feed to 5.5g/gallon of MaxiBloom.

Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand remain at 5.0g/gallon of MaxiBloom.

Not quite ready for water/feed three days from last so I asked them to wait until the beginning of day 4.

Funny thing, I'm in there at least a half dozen times a day and don't appreciate the growth without looking back at my pictures ;)

On with the show....

Day 71 Golden Tiger bud 12 May 23.jpg

Day 71 Apple Betty bud 12 May 23.jpg

Day 71 Wild Thailand bud 12 May 23.jpg

Day 71 Malawi bud 12 May 23.jpg

Day 71 The Girls 12 May 23.jpg

Cheers

Gorgeous!

Say did you have some previous Malawi runs? Reading the blurb on the site, I'm very interested as a psychonaut that sounds like my kinda strain. And it's been years since I've encountered some psychedelic weed as I feel that's bred out of the market as most people aren't looking for a trippy or confrontational time.
As when I reminisce about smoking with friends decades ago people slouching back closing their eyes and describe what they were seeing was standard.
So if it delivers that would be quite the treasure.

Gorgeous!

Say did you have some previous Malawi runs? Reading the blurb on the site, I'm very interested as a psychonaut that sounds like my kinda strain. And it's been years since I've encountered some psychedelic weed as I feel that's bred out of the market as most people aren't looking for a trippy or confrontational time.
As when I reminisce about smoking with friends decades ago people slouching back closing their eyes and describe what they were seeing was standard.
So if it delivers that would be quite the treasure.
First time Malawi for me.....

Every grow is four different strains but I will post a smoke report ;)

Cheers

Plants are looking great. Golden Tiger is an awesome strain when finished, and just started a 2nd grow of her myself. Along with a Malawi, Golden Tiger x Panama and Killer A5 Haze. Doesn’t need much for nutrients but maybe some PK every now and then. Wish I knew that for my Malawi and Killer A5 attempted grow

Plants are looking great. Golden Tiger is an awesome strain when finished, and just started a 2nd grow of her myself. Along with a Malawi, Golden Tiger x Panama and Killer A5 Haze. Doesn’t need much for nutrients but maybe some PK every now and then. Wish I knew that for my Malawi and Killer A5 attempted grow
Actually my Malawi seemed okay with the elevated nutrients but could have benefited from say -.5g/gallon less ?

Wild Thailand definitely in hindsight is a light feeder, a little lighter than the Golden Tiger !

Apple Betty just chugs along but would likely benefit from a Little bit less too ;)

Can't know how much is too much without looking, he, he..

Cheers

Day 77 The Girls...

Everyone seems to like the slight reduction in feed. I'm removing less yellow leaves from the bottom ( four or five) every three days and the burnt leaves aren't getting any worse.

Feed is still 5g/gallon for Apple Betty and 4.5g/gallon for the rest....

It might be a race between the Malawi and the Apple Betty to finish first ;)

I Can't Wait :cool:

Lights on temps today were 76 F, 45% rh. Lights off was 69F !

For reference, those back panels are 4' high..

Day 77 The Girls 18 May 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

Just for fun :bongrip:

Day 79 Golden Tiger bud 20 May 23.jpg

Day 79 Apple Betty bud 20 May 23.jpg

Day 79 Wild Thailand bud 20 May 23.jpg

Day 79 Malawi bud 20 May 23.jpg

The benefits of topping, training, some lollipopping and a relatively short veg period for a Sativa.

Golden Tiger, topped above the fifth node, first and second nodes removed. Trained horizontally till 20" wide and then let go.

The hoop is 24" diameter, she is only 33" high !

Day 79 Golden Tiger vertical 20 May 23.jpg

Cheers
Hey Chuckeye I was wondering how long after you flipped your GT until you seen it flowering? Btw I was also curious about your name? Are you a Meat Cutter by chance? CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom