Malawi, Golden Tiger, Wild Thailand & Apple Betty From Herbies Seeds

Thought I would have some fun before jumping up and tackling supper ;)

After a half bowl :bongrip:

This is the state of the girls !

Wild Thailand is 20 days over breeders guestimate, has slowed down on feeding and seems to just keep pushing out foxtails.

She is done !

Day 99 Wild Thailand Bud 10 Jun 23.jpg

Golden Tiger still has a lot of white pistils...

Day 99 Golden Tiger Bud 10 Jun 23.jpg

Apple Betty is also over due and in the window :yummy:

This bud is almost horizontal and still able to support herself..

Day 99 Apple Betty Bud 10 Jun 23.jpg

Cheers

Thought I would have some fun before jumping up and tackling supper ;)

After a half bowl :bongrip:

This is the state of the girls !

Wild Thailand is 20 days over breeders guestimate, has slowed down on feeding and seems to just keep pushing out foxtails.

She is done !

Day 99 Wild Thailand Bud 10 Jun 23.jpg

Golden Tiger still has a lot of white pistils...

Day 99 Golden Tiger Bud 10 Jun 23.jpg

Apple Betty is also over due and in the window :yummy:

This bud is almost horizontal and still able to support herself..

Day 99 Apple Betty Bud 10 Jun 23.jpg

Cheers
Looking awesome Chuck and I can’t wait for the smoke report. CL🍀🤩 :thumb: :woohoo:

Thank you !

Looking back I don't think I realized how long a grow this would be !

A good month longer than previous grows o_O

Almost Half a year ;)

But, I think or at least hope they will reach gourmet levels :yummy:

Cheers

Anyone spending 6 to 8 months a year to grow a flower is worth admiration. Sativas are not just a quick kick and flip 12/12 type of cultivar. They need training and you have done it in a very planned fashion, they also require specific photoperiods and somewhat of a nutrient regimen but thats open for debate.

I'm glad you get to see them bulk up and harvest.

I have an idea of the profile an avid sativa grower should have and that is patience and observation. I believe you fit that.

:passitleft:

Day 103

Wild Thailand received a 1/2 gallon of feed after five (?) days, a mini drought !

Golden Tiger is still receiving a gallon every four days...

The Malawi yielded 3/4's of a 3 gallon tote BUT, I used my air pump as a fan on high and she was feeling crispy after only four days. Cheapo hygrometer's are saying 62%, sigh...

Prefer to take a week of hang drying to get to 70% and a month of burping to get to 58%...

Good news is "taste" is of minor importance to me but I'm hoping to get a week or more to reach 58% and a month or so of vacuum in mason jars before I start "testing" her :bongrip:

Shouldn't effect potency...

Apple Betty is wet trimmed and hang drying :yahoo:

So much for keeping her tidy ;)

Apple Betty one 12 Jun 23.jpg

Apple Betty two 12 Jun 23.jpg

Apple Betty three 12 Jun 23.jpg

Apple Betty four 12 Jun 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

My Malawi was @58% tonight so vacuum packed into mason jars she went !

Total yield, a little over 7 1/4 oz :yummy:

Very nice high, the usual energetic, creative and clear(ish) head high.

But, I do find I have to pay a little bit more attention to what I'm doing compared to my latest daily driver of Lambs Bread ;)

Easily worth the relatively long grow time !

As to taste, well.

It's a little early to say with virtually no cure but it's smooth enough.

Keep in mind I usually can't do much more than half a 14mm bowl with my bong :bongrip:

Not much time to savor the flavor :yummy:

Cheers, eh ?

Day 107 and still haven't found the time to take down the Wild Thailand.....

I don't think she is ever going to amber up, just keeps foxtailing o_O

Day 106 Wild Thailand bud 15 Jun 23.jpg

Apple Betty is in a tote ! Found one little bud (bowlful) on the floor of my drying tent that was dry enough to smoke.

Not what I was expecting ! Very nice high and boy did I get a lot done last night :bongrip:

Can't really say it was good for pain but I would go for quite a while without even noticing I was sore :love:

Day 107 Apple Betty in tote 16 Jun 23.jpg

Day 107 Apple Betty close 16 Jun 23.jpg

And a mini celebration !

BBQ'ed Greek style ribs and asparagus, baked mushrooms and shrimp with a blanket of mozzarella :yummy:

Ribs 13 Jun 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

Technically Day 163 from sprout o_O

Apple Betty is vacuum packed in jars and FoodSaver bags, final tally 11 oz.

The Golden Tiger (which I dried on the plant) and the Wild Thailand (dried in my tent) are in totes !

This is the glamour shot of The Golden Tiger :yummy:

Day 113 Golden Tiger Three Crop 22 Jun 23.jpg

And full plants...

At first I was disappointed with myself for not doing a better job of management on the bottoms.

But I quickly remembered, Smoke report after pictures :bongrip:

Day 113 Golden Tiger one 22 Jun 23.jpg

Day 113 Golden Tiger two 22 Jun 23.jpg

Day 113 Golden Tiger Three 22 Jun 23.jpg

1687498394478.png

Those little buds ;) on the bottom aren't even worth taking the scissors to them so I pinch them off with my fingers, put them in a bowl and dry them in my tent.

These Wild Thailand "buds" dried and ground up yielded about three bowlfuls !

Well I had a half bowlful and am High As A Kite :yahoo:

Can't really comment on the taste, about what you expect without a cure. Nothing really stood out, it tasted like, well, pot :bongrip:

Stronger than the Malawi or the Apple Betty o_O

I actually had to turn off my music while cooking supper and editing images. Too distracting otherwise ?

Peace and quiet. Very Unusual !

About what I have come to expect and enjoy from a 100% Sativa !

Head high, generally happy, pain forgotten, still able to do stuff but With Much More Concentration and a little effort to get out of my chair :love:

Once up I'm fine !

When editing images I would lose track of what step I was on ;)

No wonder Herbies says >

Thanks to its 23% THC, this feminized cannabis strain produces a powerful euphoric effect that will last a long time. Wild Thailand will lift your mood and leave you feeling excited, yet not overly heart-racing. If you’re looking for an old-school strain that will leave you energetic and motivated....

Cheers, eh ?

Day 113 Golden Tiger four 22 Jun 23.jpg

This was an impressive grow. :bong: Two of the strains are already in my future plans. I have three Golden Tiger seeds that I will sprout soon. Golden Tiger will replace the Acapulco Gold that is two weeks from finishing at the most. I will run them in SCROG. Flip very fast, and ride the bucking bronco, trying to manipulate them into doing my bidding.:oops::cheer: I will plant all three seeds, but I'm secretly wishing for only two to run. I think a pair would do nicely in a 4x4. :cheesygrinsmiley:. The other strain will be next spring and I'm really thinking Apple Betty would be a fine choice. I'll have to order them. I'll run four of them in the tray.

This was an impressive grow. :bong: Two of the strains are already in my future plans. I have three Golden Tiger seeds that I will sprout soon. Golden Tiger will replace the Acapulco Gold that is two weeks from finishing at the most. I will run them in SCROG. Flip very fast, and ride the bucking bronco, trying to manipulate them into doing my bidding.:oops::cheer: I will plant all three seeds, but I'm secretly wishing for only two to run. I think a pair would do nicely in a 4x4. :cheesygrinsmiley:. The other strain will be next spring and I'm really thinking Apple Betty would be a fine choice. I'll have to order them. I'll run four of them in the tray.
I am running 2 GT 3.0 right now in my grow box in a low stress grow. They have basically stopped their stretch at a month after the switch and after much manipulating I have them at about 3ft of plant growth. I was worried about their hight but the LST took care of that. Now it's just a waiting game....

Thanks @Danishoes21 !

Kind of glad it's over, he, he... Roughly 40 days longer than any other grow I've done !

Thinking of an auto grow next with 3 SIP's and a hempy bucket !

Cheers
its a half a year commitment, :bravo: to me thats outstanding.

Nice to slow the gears down with an Auto grow. Looking forward to it.

I am running 2 GT 3.0 right now in my grow box in a low stress grow. They have basically stopped their stretch at a month after the switch and after much manipulating I have them at about 3ft of plant growth. I was worried about their hight but the LST took care of that. Now it's just a waiting game....
Are you doing a journal on them? I'd like to follow along.

Back
Top Bottom