Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Still killing it my friend, I know I’m glad I have the resource here to assist in the learning curve DWC presented.
The work you put in here will be appreciated and benefit many growers.

Still killing it my friend, I know I’m glad I have the resource here to assist in the learning curve DWC presented.
The work you put in here will be appreciated and benefit many growers.
Thanks James :Namaste: I hope so. I'd be very happy knowing I made a positive contribution. Thank you for saying that :peace:

Day 36 Flower continued...​

I added some plain water to the res after this morning's readings to bring it down to 450ppm and left the PH at 5.9.

After lights out the system read:

PPM : 450
PH : 5.8

They seem to have settled today. We have a sweet spot. I'm going to aim to keep it here until i start to drive it down in a few weeks. I let the plants fool me into thinking they could handle it stronger, which i've paid for these past few days doing the PH Down Dance. Oh well, I'll know for next time. No harm done other than some tip burn.

I really hope we don't get another drop in PH in the morning....I've got a good feeling.....happy thoughts....

:peace:

Day 33 Flower​

Hey all. A bit late with my update today as I've spent the day doing some harvesting. This morning the readings were:

PPM : 570
PH : 5.9

EC has crept up a little from the 550 it was at light out, while PH has stayed pretty steady. I emptied the system today. I went to fetch my rain water from outside...

Here they are from this morning:

The ladies had a couple of hours of draught today while the water warmed up up enough to melt the ice and so that it was warm enough not to shock them.

Audrey :love:

After a couple of hours, when the water was in a range where I could give it to them, they didn't seem phased by the drought. I topped up with:

Week 6 Recipe
(base)
Starting water : Rain water
- Solar Green Power (Silica) @recommended
- TA CalMag (Ca + Mg) -> 0.3ec/150ppm
- Botanicare Sweet (Mg + S) -> 0.5ec/250ppm
- Canna Aqua Flores -> 1.1ec/550ppm
(boost)
- Buddhas Tree PK918 -> 1.4eh/700ppm (bloom boost)
- Buddhas Tree Metaboost -> 1.5ec/750ppm (amino acids, kelp)
Diluted down to 0.9ec
PH Adjusted to 5.8

- Hydroguard @ recommended

Readings after refill:

PPM : 520

Do you ever use snow?

Day 37 Flower​

Hey guys

This morning, the readings were:

PPM : 440

EC is down and PH hasn't moved overnight - that's what we want to see. Beautiful. :yahoo:

Shots from this morning:

Audrey :love: Coming along nicely

Later (or tomorrow) I'll be topping up with a solution of ~0.8ec/400ppm. The same recipe as my last feed.

My RO system arrived yesterday and I have that working. I couldn't find an efficient worktop one, so i ordered reasonably priced a 3-stage RO system, I'm just going to mount it to a board so i can use it when i need to, as I'm just using a diverter valve on the tap. I'm so impressed with it though that I'll be investing in a permanent one for under the sink in the kitchen.

I also did an experiment with my cat, who went for the RO over regular tap every time.

Thanks for the nudge to get one @Tokin Roll ;)

Day 37 Flower​

Hey guys

This morning, the readings were:

PPM : 440

EC is down and PH hasn't moved overnight - that's what we want to see. Beautiful. :yahoo:

Shots from this morning:

Audrey :love: Coming along nicely

Later (or tomorrow) I'll be topping up with a solution of ~0.8ec/400ppm. The same recipe as my last feed.

My RO system arrived yesterday and I have that working. I couldn't find an efficient worktop one, so i ordered reasonably priced a 3-stage RO system, I'm just going to mount it to a board so i can use it when i need to, as I'm just using a diverter valve on the tap. I'm so impressed with it though that I'll be investing in a permanent one for under the sink in the kitchen.

I also did an experiment with my cat, who went for the RO over regular tap every time.

Thanks for the nudge to get one @Tokin Roll ;)

Looking great in here brother. I hope all is well and your plants look wonderful.

thing about Ro and cats and dogs is it will save you in vet bills.
I have had cats all my life and my male cat use to go to the vet every year with urinary trac blockage. Turns out it’s caused by minerals in the the water that build up in the bladder and can’t be passed easily.
Poor bastard was always in so much pain when it happened but I put him on the RO and at least 8 years problem free.

Now I give to to the cats and dog RO steady and they turn their nose to tap water. Some people say Ro can leave the human body or a animals body deficient of certain minerals but I haven’t had any problems neither have my animals.
I have always been mindful of this because my weed is on straight RO now flushing and within 2 days of swapping they show there’s nothing in the water

Play safe and enjoy my friend

Looking great in here brother. I hope all is well and your plants look wonderful.
Thank you brother! All is well this end, I hope all is good your end!
thing about Ro and cats and dogs is it will save you in vet bills.
I have had cats all my life and my male cat use to go to the vet every year with urinary trac blockage. Turns out it’s caused by minerals in the the water that build up in the bladder and can’t be passed easily.
Poor bastard was always in so much pain when it happened but I put him on the RO and at least 8 years problem free.

Now I give to to the cats and dog RO steady and they turn their nose to tap water. Some people say Ro can leave the human body or a animals body deficient of certain minerals but I haven’t had any problems neither have my animals.
I have always been mindful of this because my weed is on straight RO now flushing and within 2 days of swapping they show there’s nothing in the water
Wow! Thank you for sharing that @KCCO 77. I'll definitely be keeping them on RO with that in mind. It didn't even occur to me before now.

I've been using rain water for the ladies up until now, which has worked well, at least compared to my tap water. I'm glad to have an RO system now though :)

Thank you brother! All is well this end, I hope all is good your end!

Wow! Thank you for sharing that @KCCO 77. I'll definitely be keeping them on RO with that in mind. It didn't even occur to me before now.

I've been using rain water for the ladies up until now, which has worked well, at least compared to my tap water. I'm glad to have an RO system now though :)
All good brother. Not sure how it is working with rain water but the RO setup will be money. If or when funds r available get a pressure tank and have it stored on tap. How’s your plumbing?? They have between 10 L and 100 L whatever you want. plumb into your system with a pressure switch and it’s perfect.
Your Ro system can be built over time and if well thought out you can run a master res for topping off Or any set up like this.

Hey @GoogleGenie Just wanted to stop in and say hey! Beautiful plants as always :yummy:

We have a RO system under our sink that our cats and ourselves have been drinking for years. no issues with us either! And as @KCCO 77 those urinary tract issues in older male cats are no joke. We've got a 19yr tabby that i swear wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for RO water and the right food.

What do you do with the waste line if you don't mind me asking?

Hey @GoogleGenie Just wanted to stop in and say hey! Beautiful plants as always :yummy:

We have a RO system under our sink that our cats and ourselves have been drinking for years. no issues with us either! And as @KCCO 77 those urinary tract issues in older male cats are no joke. We've got a 19yr tabby that i swear wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for RO water and the right food.

My setup is in the basement because most of my weekly RO water is used down there for my growing. I run my waste line hose down my laundry sink. I’m on a well and waters free but if I wasn’t there’s a device in the grow store that turns waste water from 1 filtered and 2 waste to 2 filtered and 1 waste.

Not sure how or if it works but it’s cheap enough that if I payed for water I would definitely try it.

All good brother. Not sure how it is working with rain water but the RO setup will be money. If or when funds r available get a pressure tank and have it stored on tap. How’s your plumbing?? They have between 10 L and 100 L whatever you want. plumb into your system with a pressure switch and it’s perfect.
Your Ro system can be built over time and if well thought out you can run a master res for topping off Or any set up like this.
That sounds great. I think I understand the type of set up you're talking about. Please, forgive my dumbass lingo and silly questions for these things, but just so i understand, haha...

The one I'd like to install would actually be for my kitchen. I found one which had the filters and membrane under the sink, and it also had a little tank next to it, which i guess just fills up over time so that when you ask for it out of the little tap, you get it (Is this what you mean by "...pressure tank and have it stored on tap"?

plumb into your system with a pressure switch and it’s perfect.
Is a "pressure switch" the thing that keeps the little tank full when the pressure is low? So on the incoming water line?

Welcome @Michael Hunt :welcome: Glad you could stop by. And thank you :)

At the moment it's just going down the drain in the sink. But I've just seen what KCCO said about the 2 filters which is interesting, and means less waste. What do you do with yours?

My setup is in the basement because most of my weekly RO water is used down there for my growing. I run my waste line hose down my laundry sink. I’m on a well and waters free but if I wasn’t there’s a device in the grow store that turns waste water from 1 filtered and 2 waste to 2 filtered and 1 waste.

Not sure how or if it works but it’s cheap enough that if I payed for water I would definitely try it.
That sounds very cool, and great for minimising waste. I will see if there is something similar around my way :peace:

Welcome @Michael Hunt :welcome: Glad you could stop by. And thank you :)

At the moment it's just going down the drain into the sink. But I've just seen what KCCO said about the 2 filters which is interesting, and means less waste. What do you do with yours?

Ours under the sink is tapped right into the drain. We have one of those tanks as well. Not sure how it was set up as we had it installed with a water softener for the whole house when we moved in. It is a 5 filter system though, so I'm not sure how it effects the waste water in terms of quantity.

We aren't using it for this grow as it just doesn't have the capacity to keep up with how much water we are using.

I always tell people, it is the wettest damn water you will ever drink.

Back
Top Bottom