I wish I could grow in a shed like that! Unfortunately, I would have to have air conditioning. :(
Yeah I'm gonna have to work that in as well as summer is right around the corner but I've got a few things in mind to control the temps. Luckily I'm in a deep valley and it's always cool.

I’m wondering if installing a small attic fan would work? WalMart has an 8” solar powered one for $54 that says it moves 365cfm.

Not sure of the size of the room but estimating at 10 x 10 x 9 Foot which would be 900 CF. Your going to need a fan that would pull about 3 X that of the solar powered unit you mention above. Ideally you want a complete change of air per minute to cool.

I recently shifted to COBS and they are much cooler than what I have used in the past.

Not sure of the size of the room but estimating at 10 x 10 x 9 Foot which would be 900 CF. Your going to need a fan that would pull about 3 X that of the solar powered unit you mention above. Ideally you want a complete change of air per minute to cool.

I recently shifted to COBS and they are much cooler than what I have used in the past.
Makes sense. I'll probably end up adding an extra as the temps get hotter. This building is only about 8x8. I've seen several stand up AC's for sale on Craigslist and may end up grabbing one of them 2 just incase I need a change of temp faster. What does COBD stand for? Thanks!

Also not sure of how "true" it is but the one I'm looking at says it's rated at 1760CFM. May need to read a lil more about it tho. Even it's it's close to 1000CFM then one should work for an 8x8 building you think?

Id suggest getting a tornado 6-8"1500cfm same as what i have there great, i can run 2 4x8 tents easy could even add another, keeps steady 25c.
I'm definitely getting a inline fan for both grow tents but still need something for the building itself as to why I'm now looking at some of the solar fans to go on the roof of the building. They will run during the day when it's the hottest out.

Makes sense. I'll probably end up adding an extra as the temps get hotter. This building is only about 8x8. I've seen several stand up AC's for sale on Craigslist and may end up grabbing one of them 2 just incase I need a change of temp faster. What does COBD stand for? Thanks!

COB stand for Chip o Boards - Basically instead of making and individual LED Chip they build a bunch onto a 2 inch ceramic substrate.

Hey all! This will be my first ever grow so wish me luck! Starting from scratch so still have gear waiting to be delivered although I have most already in my possession but wanted to go ahead and creat my journal as I like to stay ahead of the game I'll be posting pictures soon!

Seeds - 5 White Widow (Fem) ordered from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com

Germination Method - dropping seeds in cup of water until they sink then into wet paper towel until they sprout.

Soil Mix & Pot for seedlings Stage - Using Fox Farm Ocean Forest + Coco Coir + Perlite. Will be using Dixie cups to start and I'll be drilling small holes around the entire body of the cup for air pruning. (Will post pics as I get everything together)

Soil Mix & Pot for Veg & Flower - Using Fox Farms Ocean Forest + Coco Coir + worm castings + Perlite. I will be transplanting from Dixie cups to 5gallon buckets that will also have drilled holes around entire body of bucket for air pruning (Will Post Pics). As for water I've decided to just go with tap but will fill jugs and let them sit for 24 hrs prior to using.

Nutrients - General Organics and I'm still researching and learning about this subject for what to use at what time and how much so will keep updates and hope to hear from the experts on here in regards.

Grow space / Grow Tents - I'm using my shed as my grow room that's roughly 8x8 in size. I'm sealing all corners and or places that may need attention with caulk then covering entire inside space including ceiling with insulation board. Will be filling this space with two grow tents ordered from Amazon. Veg tent will be approximately 48x36x70 and flower tent will be approximately 48x48x71.

Lights I'm Using - Bad Boy T5's by Nickel City. In veg tent I'll be using an 8 bulb 432 watt fixture equipped with 6500k bulbs and in the flower tent I'll be using a 12bulb 648 watt fixture equipped with 2700k to 2900k bulbs.

Fan + filter combo - ipower 4inch inline duct fan with carbon filter one for each grow tent. Will also be using a few small fans in each tent as well.

Temp + humidity monitor - 3 AcuRite 00613 from Amazon. One for main room and one for each grow tent.

Light cycles I'm running - Veg 18/6 Flower 12/12

Extra info (may change as needed)
Plan on topping all plants when ready. Will be using scrog nets when needed. Will be lollipoping plants when time. Planning to take clones. Flushing plants 2 weeks prior to harvest. May add some humidifiers to the tents.

If I missed anything or add something later on I'll be sure to update as needed with lots of pics! Hope to be ready by next week. I'd appreciate any input at anytime! Thanks!
Music City Cannabis
Good luck with your first grow!

Got an update!!! My 2x4 and 4x4 tent was delivered today! I'm supa excited! Also got my other small order in which includes 3 Acu-right temp/humidity meters, pH meter and pH up and down solution. I've Attached a few pics of the 2x4 tent set-up with the 8bulb T5 BadBoy. I'll get the 4x4 setup this afternoon and post more pics. I knew from the measurements that the light was going to be a squeeze in the 2x4 tent but she fits fine and gives the entire inside full coverage. :D

Looks like a beautiful setup. Like the looks of the fan. It has a lot of bells and whistles.
Thanks for your input Troy01! In regards to the fan I need to order something asap. My seeds should be here any day (I hope). Should I get this 6 inch and run a "Y" adapter so it can run both tents or spend a lil extra on the 4 inch (same fan) one for each tent? I do hate that I'll be using more juice running 2... I'm on the fence about this. The 6inch is $129 and the 4inch is $90

The fan you have above is nice. It won't be as quiet as you may assume but with a variable speed controller you can tune it down. I have a really nice fan like the one above but haven't fired it up yet on my current grow.

I initially put on a cheap 6" in-line fan with a variable controller - planned on just using it while the plants were seedlings but so far I've not gotten around to putting in my good fan. It's doing a great job of cooling and so far no odor at all. You can get a y-vent really cheap and it will do a great job as long as the CFM is higher than the combination of the Cubic Footage of both tents.

You could fire up your grow now as you really don't need a fan for early phase of the grow. If the temperature is a bit high just open the flap (unless the light causes a concern).

Ok well from the measurements my 4x4x70 is 96cubic feet minuim recommended CFM 182. The 2x4x60 is 40cubic feet minuim recommended 163CFM that's a total of 345CFM for both spaces. The infinity fan is 351CFM so it's barely enough but I wasn't going to use any carbon filters as im not concerned about smells unless the carbon filter does more than kill oders??? With not using a carbon filter I shouldnt get any restriction except maybe a lil from my ducts correct?? I'll be sure to run my ducts as cleanly as possible.

You should be ok.. You could add an inexpensive VenTech VT DF-6 (about $20) it is rated at 240 CFM and run that on your smaller tent. The only thing the Carbon Filter does is filter out the odor from the plants. If your not concerned about the smell there is no need to have one.

Do your lights put off much heat? I started running COB'S on this grow and they are really good about not putting much heat out. I'm running my 350 CFM at a little over 1/2 the output and having no problem with heat.

Back
Top Bottom