New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

JACK HERER CLONE (4th Generation) Dry Weight

IMG_00022608.jpg

Pest are the worst enemy of gardening Hozona, luckily the Diatomaceous Earth seems to have done the trick for us. We haven't been seeing any new white streaks on our plants in the Veg Tent. Thanxx for the help everyone.

Great! I'm real happy to hear that B A R. I'm doing my second spray of spinosad tomorrow. The instructions say every five days, but BB recommended every three, and he's battled them successfully with that. Let's hope that information never has to be used in your garden. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I see I was wrong and you hadn't run away on me. :battingeyelashes: Whew! It can be a struggle keeping up, eh? LOL!

I think I killed one of these critters in the photo yesterday. Where do I look for them. I saw this one walking out of the tent like it was paying rent.
If you have thrips, what will destroy them, or so I'm told, is this:

image8081.jpeg

image386.png

I purchased mine while on vacation expecting to be facing an infestation when I returned, because it was obvious I had them when I left town for two months. Before I left I did a liberal dressing of neem meal. Powerful stuff if not well filtered. Powerful enough apparently, that it kicked out the thrip population. But I have this bottle on reserve should I have the problem arise again.

When using diatomaceous earth you want to puff it on. A fine dusting makes it nearly impossible for the insects to avoid the sharp edges of the crushed fossilized skeletons. If you think about it, you can see how over-application would create possibilities for pieces to lock together and form a kind of walkway through the shards. See where I'm going here?

I use this bottle as my puffer. There are special puffer bottles made for DE.

image8080.jpeg

The DE you forked into your soil will not help much with your pest control - think sharp pieces now buried in soft soil - but it will add valuable silicon to the soil. I doubt you needed that much, but no harm done. :laughtwo:

Puffing that fine dusting on is much more effective. Make the pot an impenetrable field of shards.

Wear a mask when you play with DE. I shouldn't have to tell you that, but one never knows. :battingeyelashes: :love:

:passitleft: High Latin... Was it a caterpillar.:confused:.. If so look to see if you can find any kinda eaten leaves on your girls... They are munchers and will leave a hole or bite out of the leaf or if you find a leaf that is kinda rolled up looking like they are making a caccoon out of the leaf... sometimes you will open it up and find one in there... I have never found one on my indoor girls... but my outdoor girls last year were a nightmare....:circle-of-love:

Can't wait for the Chart on that WWxBB. I have one in flower. :cheer:

I've knocked ou two of my own thrip infestations, with one spray of Monteray. Took 15 min to mix, and spray, that was it - and the plants didn't blink. I also used it to help a friend kill his, which was garden wide, and and severe. DE is OK, but better for gnats IMO. I've gotten my share of DE leafs over the years, and while it doesn't seem to significantly harm the plant, I look to avoid it when possible, as it tends to get stuck on the plant and sharp diatoms may be able to pierce the leafs. :Namaste:

Thanks for your reply Lady D. I don't think it was a caterpillar. Even though I'm a city dweller it did'nt look like one. Then to make matters worst I panicked and squatted into the floor with such force that I couldn't save the body to ID later. I will be on the look out, next time will save corpse for Pics and ID later. Keep it green D.
:passitleft: High Latin... Was it a caterpillar.:confused:.. If so look to see if you can find any kinda eaten leaves on your girls... They are munchers and will leave a hole or bite out of the leaf or if you find a leaf that is kinda rolled up looking like they are making a caccoon out of the leaf... sometimes you will open it up and find one in there... I have never found one on my indoor girls... but my outdoor girls last year were a nightmare....:circle-of-love:

:passitleft: High ya Jaga... Just me... Hope life is treating you well... Give my love to Padma..(I think I finally got that right)..:;):...:circle-of-love:

Hey Sister,, Yeah we are well an the spelling is good Padma
:thanks:
Hows life on your part of this wonderful planet I really need to take time an come see you and your garden of delights:passitleft:

Hiya reg mate....

Long time no speak.... Hope you are well and life is treating you kindly...

I had to keep away from here for security reasons... Didnt want to expose my dear friends to authorities..

Ive been under police protection mate... My actions saved my ladies life.... Stopped a psycho killer from launching a spree.... For that im thankful... Been scary, survived multiple attempts to get me n her dropped....

But nearly all over now...

Will be moving soon too... And ol BW is gonna have a spanking new set up to grow my fav plant.. Happy days, cant wait...

Take it easy mate...

I will be about more again real soon

Hey Sister,, Yeah we are well an the spelling is good Padma
:thanks:
Hows life on your part of this wonderful planet I really need to take time an come see you and your garden of delights:passitleft:

You have been on my mind a lot this last couple of weeks for some reason my friend... I have missed you and the sweet Padma... I pray she is doing well and I know you are rocking it... Stop on by my peice of heaven... You know it is always nice to see you....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom