so you're telling me from a far this plant looks infected with bugs, then i get the only thing better than our eyes, go over a hundred leaves and see nothing, we had whole conversations about everything but bugs, so how is that the final say? i have yet to even do any of the things to fix it nutrition wise if it were the case.
I didn't speak up because I didn't agree with the conversations about everything but bugs, and especially not TMV. I had already told you what I thought the problems were nutrition wise... but when I saw the white pinpricks and classic half leaf damage, and a leaf folded up onto itself, I was sure it had to be bugs. Experience tells me its spider mites because I have seen this in my own garden.

I didn't speak up because I didn't agree with the conversations about everything but bugs, and especially not TMV. I had already told you what I thought the problems were nutrition wise... but when I saw the white pinpricks and classic half leaf damage, and a leaf folded up onto itself, I was sure it had to be bugs. Experience tells me its spider mites because I have seen this in my own garden.
you and i had the conversations...

My choice would be to go natural and with one of this forum's sponsors, @Sierra Natural Science.
If it was bugs – and I'm not saying it is because I don't see the evidence, and Alex has looked very closely – then he could treat with neem and soap solution. Add a little orange oil for more kill power.

This is not bugs. It's tempting to say it's variegation, because it's affecting one side of the leaflet, which to me implies genetic. But I'd say it's likely a nutrient issue, because the leaf margins are not looking completely healthy, and I don't think variegation would do this.
1667973929536.png

RE: The one leaf that is curling. I wrote in another thread...
This kind of leaf curl is usually caused by a change in lighting. If a plant is flipped (veg to flower), and then put back in veg, you'll see these kind of curls. I've seen it in my plants. Not an insect.
photo of one of my plants...
1667974249537.png

brother. yes. i think this is the case exactly. i think i flipped her into flower a little too early. i got 3 differents strains and one out of three is an auto. hard to hit every area very correctly with 3 different variables and this being my first grow. i started ipm with neem and soap about a week ago.

OK, cool. Well I only ever saw one leaf doing this on my plants. Sometimes, not very often, maybe 2 leaves. It's rare and nothing to worry about. It only happens with photos. It would happen for example if you flipped to flower, and then the plants accidentally got some light at night. Or, if you made a lighting mistake in veg, for example timer malfunction, or power outage, and they got too much dark period, followed again by normal lighting for veg.

yea if these are the signs of that then this is HOPEFULLY the case. there was a day where the power was out and i did my best to rig something up but it was the whole city, i wasn't going to risk running a generator in my basement with the enclosed area and exhaust fumes

Yes, nutrition. We are all just giving our best interpretation of what's going on, and collectively it seems we are usually able to get it right. Sometimes multiple things are going on. When we're stumped, we ask @Bill284. 😇

I'm fairly certain the pattern of information points not to bugs, but to iron deficiency. A lot of people use molasses for iron, but I don't because of the heavy metals content. Heavy metals in the soil will wind up in your flower resin. I add greensand to my custom soil mix for iron (K, Fe, Si). In your case, you'll need a liquid iron fert, maybe something like FF Bush Doctor Iron. Others may have a better recommendation. Some Fe products also contain Mn and Zn (uptake is interrelated). I would probably also add sulfur – I use solution grade potassium sulfate (K, S) or langbeinite (K, Mg, S) from Down to Earth.

If it was bugs – and I'm not saying it is because I don't see the evidence, and Alex has looked very closely – then he could treat with neem and soap solution. Add a little orange oil for more kill power.

This is not bugs. It's tempting to say it's variegation, because it's affecting one side of the leaflet, which to me implies genetic. But I'd say it's likely a nutrient issue, because the leaf margins are not looking completely healthy, and I don't think variegation would do this.
1667973929536.png

RE: The one leaf that is curling. I wrote in another thread...

photo of one of my plants...
1667974249537.png
That's usually a bug rolling up a leaf to lay eggs!

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Yes, nutrition. We are all just giving our best interpretation of what's going on, and collectively it seems we are usually able to get it right. Sometimes multiple things are going on. When we're stumped, we ask @Bill284. 😇

I'm fairly certain the pattern of information points not to bugs, but to iron deficiency. A lot of people use molasses for iron, but I don't because of the heavy metals content. Heavy metals in the soil will wind up in your flower resin. I add greensand to my custom soil mix for iron (K, Fe, Si). In your case, you'll need a liquid iron fert, maybe something like FF Bush Doctor Iron. Others may have a better recommendation. Some Fe products also contain Mn and Zn (uptake is interrelated). I would probably also add sulfur – I use solution grade potassium sulfate (K, S) or langbeinite (K, Mg, S) from Down to Earth.
It's easier to to work on one problem at a time.
Otherwise it gets confusing what is doing what.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

would blood meal be considered a good route to go? i literally had an older fellow tell me to scrape my knee and put my blood in the next watering..... scary.. my next step of action is going to be to flush her lightly and then start to feed correctly with the provided products above and get her back into her best shape.

my next step of action is going to be to flush her lightly and then start to feed correctly with the provided products above and get her back into her best shape.
Sounds good. The Bush Doctor product looks good, if you can get it locally.

i have blackstrap molasses would you recommend it? i mean i guess you said you preferred not too but to fix this current situation would it be worth a try versus ordering the bush doctor off amazon?

funny you say the metal thing, prob gonna stop using it now, i used it once on smaller plants thinking it just promoted bio in the soil but it just like 'molasses burned' them,, but i do use it on my auto im gonna stop this last month before harvest. what's the point of extra sticky thick trikes if they're what anyone would consider harmful after having metals leached.

Use of molasses by home cannabis growers is surely widespread. Nonetheless, cannabis is well-known for being able to draw toxins out of the soil – it can be used to bioremediate contaminated soil. One of the top CBD growers in the U.S., Ananda, makes great products, and they have a specific process whereby to eliminate heavy metals (I think mostly lead) from their CBD oil. The problem is commercial fertilizers, even organic ones, can contain heavy metals, so the hemp out in the big fields is sucking up all this stuff. It definitely winds up in the resin... I've done my homework on that one. ;)

Some people think the amount of heavy metals in molasses is no big deal. I disagree. All commercial molasses in the U.S. is required to show the Calif. Prop. 65 warning on the label. Molasses also contains a lot of acrylamide, which is a likely carcinogen, although I'm guessing that probably doesn't factor into use as a fertilizer.

I had the exact issues you had and found thrips after weeks of chasing them around. Do not discredit issues that you do not yet understand. I am very observant, I missed it. It's still haunting my grow. But it's almost time to harvest, and I will clean up sanitize and treat everything. Then do it all over again. Not all pest issues look exactly like what you see online.

Back
Top Bottom