@OGpapa, which photo do you see that makes you think this is thrips? Do you see something widespread on OP's plants, or just one leaf? Alex (OP) has carefully inspected for bugs.

On google images, type in: thrips on cannabis leaves

You'll see thrip leaf damage, and it doesn't look like the chlorosis on Alex's leaves.

yea regardless of them all looking different, there is a resemblance in all, bug damage is physically scarred into the leaf, this seems to be all cosmetic. at this point this plant is an experiment for my newbness and a chance for me to learn different things (ya know or destroy my current grow but) i think that what i have going on is nutritional, some folk have leaned towards pests but with two other perfect plants and most leaning towards deficiencies, specifically iron (one is in flower which I'm assuming bugs would be even more attracted too) i think this is the result of me underfeeding due to being scared about over feeding, read the previous posts in the thread to see. and maybe even some lockout.

here's a relatable picture of some mega variegation

1efc3c5258dce9472ba945a7caecf0f19ba00ea7.jpeg

yea regardless of them all looking different, there is a resemblance in all, bug damage is physically scarred into the leaf, this seems to be all cosmetic. at this point this plant is an experiment for my newbness and a chance for me to learn different things (ya know or destroy my current grow but) i think that what i have going on is nutritional, some folk have leaned towards pests but with two other perfect plants and most leaning towards deficiencies, specifically iron (one is in flower which I'm assuming bugs would be even more attracted too) i think this is the result of me underfeeding due to being scared about over feeding, read the previous posts in the thread to see. and maybe even some lockout.
You're on the right track brother. It will be fun to see your plants in a week or two. Keep up the good work!

happy growing! 🪴

here's a relatable picture of some mega variegation
But not genetic-type variegation, just chlorosis. Variegation doesn't cause distortion like this...

1668062675981.png

Or off-looking leaf margins. Variegation is just difference in color.

But not genetic-type variegation, just chlorosis. Variegation doesn't cause distortion like this...

1668062675981.png

Or off-looking leaf margins. Variegation is just difference in color.
yea i kinda noticed that they look pretty rough i would say my margins arent great but theyre not as crippled as those.

Lookin' good!

Wait for stigmas (the white hairs) to turn brown, then start looking at the trichomes with a hand-held microscope. I use a Carson MicroBrite Plus at 60x power ($15). Trichomes will develop from clear to milky, which is what you want, and then to amber. People have various preferences as to how much amber they like, which determines the type of psychoactive effects. Check out @HashGirl's post here.

Colas will develop more before harvest. Be sure to feed flower nutes. The general rule of thumb is NPK 3-1-1 during veg, and 1-3-3 during flower.

OGPapa's pic:
1668118062329.png

Alex's pics (the OP = "original poster"; aka "thread starter"):
1668118165396.png

1668118373329.png

1668118555786.png

🤣
1668118861584.png

1668118990671.png

:eek:
1668119660546.png

Alex wrote:
...by predatory do you mean bugs? during the most recent defoliation i took some samples of the spots you may be talking about and put them under my microscope, spent two hours going over the weird patterns and what look like crunch marks. nothing was to be found.
...i've put many leaves under my microscope and have two other plants perfectly fine next to this one, why havent i seen ayn bugs? no eggs no webbing. the white speck holes are perlite dust and dirt.
...so you're telling me from a far this plant looks infected with bugs, then i get the only thing better than our eyes, go over a hundred leaves and see nothing, we had whole conversations about everything but bugs, ...
...bug damage is physically scarred into the leaf, this seems to be all cosmetic..

Conclusions:

1) Not a bug infestation. Maybe a bug, or 2 bugs, visited one of Alex's plants at some point, took a nap and ate a few leaf cells. Then they got blasted with neem and soap which Alex sprayed over a week ago.

2) Likely an iron deficiency, for all the reasons explained in this thread.

opened the tent to see the "bug infestation" towering the others and looking more healthy than before :) what will i ever do. bare with the blurry pics but im sure even through it you can see the wild animals.

IMG_9050.JPG

IMG_9058.JPG

IMG_9059.JPG

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9061.JPG

IMG_9063.JPG

IMG_9064.JPG

IMG_9065.JPG

IMG_9066.JPG

IMG_9067.JPG

opened the tent to see the "bug infestation" towering the others and looking more healthy than before :) what will i ever do. bare with the blurry pics but im sure even through it you can see the wild animals.

IMG_9050.JPG

IMG_9058.JPG

IMG_9059.JPG

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9061.JPG

IMG_9063.JPG

IMG_9064.JPG

IMG_9065.JPG

IMG_9066.JPG

IMG_9067.JPG
I can see a few black spots, is that the critters you are referring to my friend?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

...opened the tent to see the "bug infestation" towering the others and looking more healthy than before :) what will i ever do.
@Bill284 , he was joking... he means the buds are great and there's no bugs. Others were telling him he's got an infestation. He doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom