New Guy With Indoor - Outdoor Dreams

Yeah it certainly makes me want to get an auto trimmer :D. It actually took me all day and night. The first Chem D took the day then the 2nd took all night.

I just chilled and watched TV while cutting so it wasent all bad though. Plus being this is my first harvest its good that I just put in all the work and learn to do things right with hand trimming meticulously myself. Then later I will appreciate faster ways. Although I would imagine an auto trimmer leaves a lot of stems from fanleaves deep down in the buds, where as I took the time to remove every single fanleaf stem completely along with any none ultra sugary leaves.

Yeah Jimmy, It is ALWAYS GOOD THE FIRST TIME, TO DO IT ALL BY HAND, so You Get an Appreciation for what You Just Accomplished!!!:high-five: No Small Feat!!! You Should Be Proud, I Am For You!!!:bravo: And Don, NO I HAVE NOT ENTERED ANYTHING, I HAVE ASKED A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WHICH THEY THOUGHT WOULD BE THE BEST CANDIDATES, BUT HAVE Received No Push For This One, Or this One, and hell, I do Not Know If I Can pick Them Either, There are so many Good Ones!!!

Plus I was told that You Should Not enter any contests For 6 months After A Win???? I did not see it in any Rules Per Se, But I believe it could be an unwritten Gentlemanly Rule, and I do not Wish To Alienate my self, because I Broke A Silent Sentiment Amongst Some???? But I would Like too enter, Maybe Nug Of The Month, I could enter that Maybe??? As I did not Enter Or Win It!!! Who Knows!!! But if YOU would Like to Make Some suggestions, I would very MUCH Like to Hear!!!:hmmmm: PM Me On This, If You Wish.

Anyone else with suggestions, I would Like to Hear Those As Well!!! Take Care All, SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Plus I was told that You Should Not enter any contests For 6 months After A Win????

Six months sounds like too long but I do believe there is some kind of waiting period involved for contest winners. You could always PM 420 Girl and ask her just to play it safe.

Can't remember the time limit but I am pretty sure there is one for contest winners. Winners only though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Yeah it certainly makes me want to get an auto trimmer :D. It actually took me all day and night. The first Chem D took the day then the 2nd took all night.

I just chilled and watched TV while cutting so it wasent all bad though. Plus being this is my first harvest its good that I just put in all the work and learn to do things right with hand trimming meticulously myself. Then later I will appreciate faster ways. Although I would imagine an auto trimmer leaves a lot of stems from fanleaves deep down in the buds, where as I took the time to remove every single fanleaf stem completely along with any none ultra sugary leaves.

I've considered that too since I hate trimming large batches of the stuff! I use good shears, but it is just the amount of time it takes to do it right as you have been saying. Just wears me out eventually! Need to revisit that idea of an auto-trimmer next time I have a huge harvest to get through like the one I am dealing with right now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I have like 8 different scissors. But strangely enough the best ones are ones that I got for 1 dollar at the dollar store :D.

The hash stuff would just slide right off them too and stick to my little black ball.

Also nah the Chem D is like 20-30% amber

Ahhh...Kind of hard to tell from a photo. Mine start looking gold to the eye when they get to be that high of a percentage.

Regarding trimmers...

I like my Fiskars Softtouch Microtip Pruning Shears that are spring loaded and are basically like miniature versions of the hedge trimming shears. They just came out with a new version that has gold colored Titanium coated blades. I bought a pair of those and they don't gum up quite as quickly as the stainless steel version I already had. I use to use conventional scissors, but after a few hours of constant use, my thumb would get really sore from bumping up against the thumb hole. Thats when I tried out these Fiskar sheer style and MAN what a difference! Increased my trimming speed by a huge amount!

You can get the stainless ones online for about $10.00. I highly recommend them. They are as sharp as hell too and stay sharp for a very long time before you need to run them through the sharpener.

Hi guys.

Well Don P I just kinda started flushing once I saw about 5% amber on the Chem D, the XXX had like 12% and I started flushing same day. The XXX was pulled on day10 and the Chem D day 11. The Chem D ended up with about 5% clear 20-30% amber and the rest cloudly. XXX would have another 10% amber, but its a indica so I did not care if it had some extra.

Here was one of the final buds I was trimming. Not the biggest or the smallest. Just a decent one. In a few days once these buds are dry and about to get jarred I will take a pic or two of the top dogs, some of the Chem Ds are REALLY frosty.

017262.JPG
018255.JPG

Also Golden G I do not believe it has any blueberries in it. It dosent have that smell its more sugar and pine trees.

However I do have a Blueberry crossed with Northern Lights #5 outside :). It will not be ready for at least 4-5 weeks though. But its looking sharp and growing pretty quick. About 2.5 feet tall now. Heres a pic:
010557.JPG

Also heres a couple of other parts of my garden :)
012418.JPG
015326.JPG

NICE! Roger on the Blueberry. Hard to tell sometimes with photos since there can be color and contrast differences from one computer to another, although I use Macs here which are pretty color accurate.

Hey! I grow peppers too! I've been raising a unique RED Jalepeno hybrid that I created now for the last 10 years. Have won a few contests with them, and MAN are they good! Much better than the regular green kind.

Lol Golden Goose. Its funny you kept mentioning blueberry bud. Because now they are actually starting to smell like blueberries. I know chem D has a much higher THC content then blueberries, but they way they are starting to smell its quite possible its in their lineage.

Also guys I really think my little XXX buds are done drying. I realize its only been 48 hours for them but the buds are quite small on the XXX. The humidity has ranged from 40-60% and temps range from 58-75 in the closets. I am gonna go to wallyworld and buy some jars now and put the XXX in it. BTW even though they are small little 0.5-2 gram buds they look fantastic now.

WOAH this XXX is some stoney ass shit. I pulled off a little bit to test and see if it would burn smooth. It still gos out soon after the lighter is taken off, but it is close.

Anywho its really really smooth after just 48 hours of drying and obviously no cure. But i am fucking BAKED. Like really really baked. Like my food I picked up at Wallys just might be RIP soon. I feel some couchlock setting in after all it has like 30-45% ambers and its a 100% indica strain.

My knee hurts way less already (I only hit it maybe 10-20 mins ago).

Anywho guys happy Christmas :D

Hey Jimmy and GG7, get an Auto Trimmer if you Have A Large Harvest, if NOT, scissor em UP, Unless your getting Bad Carpel Tunnel, Or Arthritis, Or Just Want To Do It Faster!!!:high-five: If You Have Innumerable Helpers, Then It Is A Moot Point I Guess!!! Use Em If You Got Em!!! Personally, I Cannot Go With Out Them!!! GG7, thanks For The Intel On The Contest, I Just Might Have To Ask 420Girl. But I Kinda Feel Like Maybe It Is Too Early For Another Entrance, I Can Wait!!!:clap: Anyways Jimmy, Glad You Are Enjoying The FRUITS OF YOUR LABORS!!!:bravo:

Sure Feels Good, Don't It!!! Weird Weather Here Again Today, Not Sunny, Not Cloudy...Not Hot...Not Cold, WEIRD WEATHER!!!:thedoubletake: Y'all Take Care Now, Ya Here!!!Be Advised, I AM OUT!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

i know how you feel, i see all these fat buds on here thicker than a persons arm, yet mine dont seem to get that big, i dont seem to get the fox tailing like everyone else, im going to leave these as long as i can, but once my big plants are out the way im going to give a dwc scrog a try and see if that makes any difference to the final yield, plus im using compost out the bag with nothing added to it so i think this is my main problem, ill be adding stuff for my next soil grow, perlite and stuff like that

That just looks so good. Very nice

i know how you feel, i see all these fat buds on here thicker than a persons arm, yet mine dont seem to get that big, i dont seem to get the fox tailing like everyone else, im going to leave these as long as i can, but once my big plants are out the way im going to give a dwc scrog a try and see if that makes any difference to the final yield, plus im using compost out the bag with nothing added to it so i think this is my main problem, ill be adding stuff for my next soil grow, perlite and stuff like that

Yeah the Chem D had a few that wet were roughly as big as a smaller persons arms. But the XXX... stupid buds were tiny...

There are a few reasons for it, a couple my fault. Part was just genetics, nothing I can do about that. The plant simply couldnt handle a lot of light. I sun burned it constantly. Was a pain in the butt. Not as much as the Helix of course but still a pain nonetheless.

I also started everything quite late in the season. That didnt help matters. Plus I tried to bring them outdoors in the middle of summer. It shocked them too much.

Learn from out mistakes though :).

Well the Chem D closet has been maintaining at roughly 65 degrees and 50% humidity. The medium to smaller buds feel almost dry anywhere from 12-24 hours till I jar them I think. The bigger buds probably 48 more hours.

I don't know how, but Golden Goose was really on the money with the blueberry comment.

Way back in the 90s I got a couple oz of some crazy nice blueberry bud. It smelt exactly like blueberry pie. Tasted so incredibly sweet, you had to force yourself not to eat the buds :). If you have ever looked at my 420 mag profile you would even see that my favorite strain was "original blueberries from the 90s"...

Well I will be damned. While growing the Chem D smelt great. But it always gave off a piney sugar smell. Never fruity at all. But ever since it started drying, I will be damned if it dont smell just like a blueberry fucking pie! Just a nice mouth watering blueberry smell. It completely reminds me of that shit from back in the 90s. This Chem D is gonna be some killer tasting smoke.

Now on the the shitty news. Out of both the XXX It seems that I barely got over an oz total rofl... Yeah no joke, total dry weight on the XXX is like 1.3 oz or some crap. Its good smoke but still wtf lol... Then of course off the Helix I got maybe 5 grams and its mediocre bud too.

But at least the chem D should be 6-11 oz, maybe more. I dont want to predict yet, that XXX final weight is super depressing... But the Chem D has a lot of Nice thick buds. Plus I got the OG Kush still to harvest which should weigh more then the Chem D. As well as the 7 outdoor babies which are just hitting week 2 of flower.

Funny I was going to a club one day and the wife says "bring me back some blueberry" So I did. Could have been shit, but it was blueberry.
Reminded me of 1973 and I was a my dealers house.Also a friend. One guy comes in and said i want some columbian. Rick says" yep I have some"...... Later a guy comes in and said " I hear some good Jamacain was in town"...... yep Rick says I have some.......after he left we all busted up laughing...

Haha yeah. Like half of the "OG Kush" or "Haze" that at the dispensaries arnt even really what they say :). They just name the good buds w/e it is most people go in asking for lol.

Well the Chem D closet has been maintaining at roughly 65 degrees and 50% humidity. The medium to smaller buds feel almost dry anywhere from 12-24 hours till I jar them I think. The bigger buds probably 48 more hours.

I don't know how, but Golden Goose was really on the money with the blueberry comment.

Way back in the 90s I got a couple oz of some crazy nice blueberry bud. It smelt exactly like blueberry pie. Tasted so incredibly sweet, you had to force yourself not to eat the buds :). If you have ever looked at my 420 mag profile you would even see that my favorite strain was "original blueberries from the 90s"...

Well I will be damned. While growing the Chem D smelt great. But it always gave off a piney sugar smell. Never fruity at all. But ever since it started drying, I will be damned if it dont smell just like a blueberry fucking pie! Just a nice mouth watering blueberry smell. It completely reminds me of that shit from back in the 90s. This Chem D is gonna be some killer tasting smoke.

Now on the the shitty news. Out of both the XXX It seems that I barely got over an oz total rofl... Yeah no joke, total dry weight on the XXX is like 1.3 oz or some crap. Its good smoke but still wtf lol... Then of course off the Helix I got maybe 5 grams and its mediocre bud too.

But at least the chem D should be 6-11 oz, maybe more. I dont want to predict yet, that XXX final weight is super depressing... But the Chem D has a lot of Nice thick buds. Plus I got the OG Kush still to harvest which should weigh more then the Chem D. As well as the 7 outdoor babies which are just hitting week 2 of flower.

Thanks man!

I thought that it looked familiar and Blueberry is what it looked like the most to my eye, but from a photo you can never be 100% sure. The smell test is always a good sign!

So many of the strains I grow have blueberry in them. All of the Medicinal Organic Nursery strains I grow have one part Blueberry in them. M.O.N.'s own tweak of the original that they call "Grand Daddy Blueberry". Thats what the "GDB" in my Harlequin GDB stands for. In addition to that, I grew a ton of Blueberry Kush last season which contained the original Blueberry strain, so I am very familiar with the strain both in how it looks as well as how it smells.

Probably my favorite Blueberry containing strain is my M.O.N. Blue Cheese which by the way, I just harvested yesterday! I invite you to check out my journal (Page 107) for some good photos). Probably my overall favorite strain of everything I grow, and that would include my genuine GDP clones (Ken's Cut) The GDP is a close second, but that Blue Cheese... MAN! Nothing like it! It has a lot of those fruity berry notes you mentioned in the above post.

I would describe the smell of the MON BC as "Honeydew Melon" like. The Big Buddah Cheese in the cross alters the Berry aroma a bit and you end up with something a little different than straight Blueberry. If you have access to M.O.N. seeds at your local, I would definitely buy a pack of their "Blueberry Cheese" and try them! My entire BC crop for most of the last two seasons all came from clones of a single BC female that I raised from an MON seed pack back in March of 2011. :) Only down side is that this strain is a definite bitch to clone without a good cloner, but worth the trouble in the end. My yields this year have been over the top huge! :)

Back
Top Bottom