New to the group

Cheers @Paul Squiggle - glad to hear all is well with you

Welcome to the forum @710Gardenuk, fine looking plants
As BB said, I also feed until I see the first sign of tip burn then lay off a bit with a slightly weaker mix
Your setup is very similar to mine, link in sig
I use Canna line as base nutes/additives and occasionally add off-the-shelf Grow Sure (5-3-8) for extra K/kelp extracts

I grow organically. By this, I mean that I never feed my plants. I load up my soil with what is needed, add microbes and let it fly. The microbes feed my plants, not me. The plants are in charge, so there can be no overfeeding and if everything is there that is needed, no underfeeding. Organic growing always gives the perfect amount to the plants.

Every organic grow I have ever done gets this little triangle of "tip burn" on it. I asked an AG professor about this, and how the plants could manage to burn themselves. The answer was, that there is a signalling mechanism in the plant, and when it sends the message down to the roots that it has had enough of X or Y nutrient, to stop bringing this to the roots for now, this signal also goes to the leaves in the top and middle growth. As below, so it is above. The leaves are simply showing you that this message has been sent... it is not really a burn, per se. This tip indicator is telling you that your nutes provided everything the plant needed... and if it went any further than that, you actually would get a burn that would extend into different parts of the leaf, the leaves would claw downward, the color would be off and it would be obvious that something was wrong. A little bit of a tip "burn" simply means, you are doing things just right.

You have all the information to start one.
The grow journal link has about a 1/2 dozen of so, tutorial post to help you get started.

Hope this helps; if not tag me again and we will go from there.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
I think he wants to add a signature (link).

I grow organically. By this, I mean that I never feed my plants. I load up my soil with what is needed, add microbes and let it fly. The microbes feed my plants, not me. The plants are in charge, so there can be no overfeeding and if everything is there that is needed, no underfeeding. Organic growing always gives the perfect amount to the plants.

Every organic grow I have ever done gets this little triangle of "tip burn" on it. I asked an AG professor about this, and how the plants could manage to burn themselves. The answer was, that there is a signalling mechanism in the plant, and when it sends the message down to the roots that it has had enough of X or Y nutrient, to stop bringing this to the roots for now, this signal also goes to the leaves in the top and middle growth. As below, so it is above. The leaves are simply showing you that this message has been sent... it is not really a burn, per se. This tip indicator is telling you that your nutes provided everything the plant needed... and if it went any further than that, you actually would get a burn that would extend into different parts of the leaf, the leaves would claw downward, the color would be off and it would be obvious that something was wrong. A little bit of a tip "burn" simply means, you are doing things just right.
I just thought of something else along this line... there is an old adage out there, that is way older than me. It says, "if you aren't at least burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough."

Don't be afraid of your fertilizer. Garden like you mean it. Garden like a Boss!

From one newbie to another welcome, I think you will like it here everyone seems mature and there is so much knowledge in 420 Magazine there is rarely a need to go elsewhere

So far better than Facebook, I deleted all that due to there was always someone that knew more, always someone with either a bad comment or a smart arse comment, or you post a perfect plant up and then you get 50 people telling you why you should stop growing your way and grow there way yall see friendly which is good for me

So far better than Facebook, I deleted all that due to there was always someone that knew more, always someone with either a bad comment or a smart arse comment, or you post a perfect plant up and then you get 50 people telling you why you should stop growing your way and grow there way

was looking for you over on FB .... all those people were me ..

:cheesygrinsmiley:

this place is great. jump right in. you'll be fam in no time.

was looking for you over on FB .... all those people were me ..

:cheesygrinsmiley:

this place is great. jump right in. you'll be fam in no time.
Hahahahaha thought I sensed you here ohhh don't worry, you'll see me around here, on the sick and addicted to my phone .. Anyone on here edit videos? Getting into video editing for a YouTube channel on my currently germinating seeds

Welcome to the barnyard. I'm in Canada too, BC, and always interested in cross-pond grows and growers. Your plants look really great, I'd heed the calmag advice as universal law, but it's always helpful to know something about your most crucial ingredient, water. On a civic system details are always avail. from the relevant authority. You're just interested in Total Dissolved Solids which work out to be a remnant of minerals still present usually highest in calcium and/or magnesium. The context is it helps you understand how reliant on additive CalMag amounts you ought be, and, when and if probs do show up, you've got a useful data point that will point you in solution directions, or strike possible causes from your list. Dont worry you don't know how r why just yet, just lean on your journal when issues arise, educational support will take you where you need to go and help you understand why, savvy? Happy 420.:420::blunt:

Back
Top Bottom