Newbie in Northern Thailand

Steveolevi

420 Member
Hi All, Im growing using small personal setup. Soilf ro now, but I'm hearing great things about RDWC. I've had 2 successful grows with outos inside and out and Im trying to narrow down when is the best time of year to grow. I've had issues with heat and humidity. I'm trying different nutes. I've got a lot to learn. Great to be here

Hi All, Im growing using small personal setup. Soilf ro now, but I'm hearing great things about RDWC. I've had 2 successful grows with outos inside and out and Im trying to narrow down when is the best time of year to grow. I've had issues with heat and humidity. I'm trying different nutes. I've got a lot to learn. Great to be here
Good morning my friend and welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
I've got the perfect member to help you out.
@NickHardy :ciao:is your neighbor.
I'm sure he can help.
Otherwise anything I can help with let me know.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 :cool:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Steveolevi

Which do you prefer, water or soil?
Have you grown anything recently?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcom to the forum @Steveolevi ! Lots of folks here with lots of knowledge & they all give it away for free!
My son is retired military & now lives in Bangkok. From what he's told me, heat & humidity there are brutal. For my dime, I'd be growing landrace strains from that part of the world (If you can find them) as they're naturally suited to handle the conditions there. Thinking about Thai Stick brings back some great memories. I love those Sativa landraces...
So, what's your setup?

Welcom to the forum @Steveolevi ! Lots of folks here with lots of knowledge & they all give it away for free!
My son is retired military & now lives in Bangkok. From what he's told me, heat & humidity there are brutal. For my dime, I'd be growing landrace strains from that part of the world (If you can find them) as they're naturally suited to handle the conditions there. Thinking about Thai Stick brings back some great memories. I love those Sativa landraces...
So, what's your setup?
Thank you for the welcome! My setup: I'm growing autos indoors in a 60 cm x 120 tent under 2 Mars Hydro TS1000's. I like having these two lights so that I can raise and lower them independently. Total 150W + 150W.
Ive completed 2 grows to harvest, but yields were low yields because I'm a newbie, but it gives me a reason to keep after it. I love this hobby!
I'm also running an outside organic soil grow, with locally sourced nutes and soil. I want to get my big yield from the Outdoor grow under natural sun, at the same time experiment with autos year round in the tent.
It is not possible to buy the name brand nutes and soil where I am, but there are local options. I'm experimenting. I'm not 100% sure about labels being truthful. Weed shops every third door now. More weed shops than coffee shops or 7-11's now.
My goals is to find a recipe for organic, living soil for the outdoor grow while continuously growing autos indoors using one of the many substrates and using synthetic nutes. There is so much variety now! I want to try them all, but I've got no taste nor smell since I got Covid (8 months already). Ha ha!
Later
Q: I've heard the term landrace, but I don't understand all that it means
Thank you

Thank you for the welcome! My setup: I'm growing autos indoors in a 60 cm x 120 tent under 2 Mars Hydro TS1000's. I like having these two lights so that I can raise and lower them independently. Total 150W + 150W.
Ive completed 2 grows to harvest, but yields were low yields because I'm a newbie, but it gives me a reason to keep after it. I love this hobby!
I'm also running an outside organic soil grow, with locally sourced nutes and soil. I want to get my big yield from the Outdoor grow under natural sun, at the same time experiment with autos year round in the tent.
It is not possible to buy the name brand nutes and soil where I am, but there are local options. I'm experimenting. I'm not 100% sure about labels being truthful. Weed shops every third door now. More weed shops than coffee shops or 7-11's now.
My goals is to find a recipe for organic, living soil for the outdoor grow while continuously growing autos indoors using one of the many substrates and using synthetic nutes. There is so much variety now! I want to try them all, but I've got no taste nor smell since I got Covid (8 months already). Ha ha!
Later
Q: I've heard the term landrace, but I don't understand all that it means
Thank

landrace strains are the original marijuana strains. While cannabis likely began in the Himalayan region, it spread in our early human history and was found all over the world in different natural environments where it had evolved into different varieties of cannabis – the landrace strains. As these strains evolved to adapt to the particular environment they were in, such as an arid mountain range or a hot steamy jungle, they developed unique characteristics and chemical profiles to survive in that area. 1

Thanks for the welcome. Weed is officically, unofficially legal in Thailand. It has been removed as a schedule X drug , but cannabis use is not offcially legal yet. It is wide open here mostly in tourist areas; although, 2 months ago I found a farmer in the hills that sold me 2.5 ounces of larfy buds for 7 dollars. Good joint weed.

@Steveolevi, welcome to 420. From what I read, you're probably the best teacher you have, "try it, if it works, improve on it".
Take care my friend

Back
Top Bottom