Nube on the East Coast

EastcoastArn

Hello, I started growing this year. My wife has MS, I have CP (Cerebral Palsy) We are in our fifties. We both deal with chronic pain. I thought growing our own might help. I had a few plants going early this year, but they stalled and died out. So, I started over in March with new seeds. The end of week 3 is coming. At what point do I transplant from Solo cups ? And when do I start actively feeding these plants...and WHAT do I feed them? I'm indoor, small space, with an 18/6 light on a timer.

Hi @EastcoastArn Welcome to the forum :welcome: The more information you can include the better. What medium are you in? How often do you water? Can you post some pictures?
For nutrients I would recommend @Prescription Blend , one of our sponsors. They are easy to use and work fantastic.
You might want to consider starting a grow journal so you can get more informed advice. Stick with us and we'll get you growing!

Welcome to 420 Magazine @EastcoastArn

You came too the right place to learn to grow.
What kind of growing have you tried or enjoy?

When you are ready start a grow journal, we can follow along and get you to harvest. Here's the link How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hello, I started growing this year. My wife has MS, I have CP (Cerebral Palsy) We are in our fifties. We both deal with chronic pain. I thought growing our own might help. I had a few plants going early this year, but they stalled and died out. So, I started over in March with new seeds. The end of week 3 is coming. At what point do I transplant from Solo cups ? And when do I start actively feeding these plants...and WHAT do I feed them? I'm indoor, small space, with an 18/6 light on a timer.
Hello - sorry to hear of your troubles
You should up-pot as soon as the root ball is strong enough to hold together
Look for any nutrient that has an NPK ratio of appx 5-3-4, preferably with micros (Ca, Mg, Iron, Borin, Zinc etc)
When you start to see flowers, switch to 3-6-5 or similar - only a rough guide
If the bottle says 4ml/L, use 2-3ml/L as they always state the max dosage
Good luck Pal

Hi @EastcoastArn Welcome to the forum :welcome: The more information you can include the better. What medium are you in? How often do you water? Can you post some pictures?
For nutrients I would recommend @Prescription Blend , one of our sponsors. They are easy to use and work fantastic.
You might want to consider starting a grow journal so you can get more informed advice. Stick with us and we'll get you growing!
Hey @EastcoastArn welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
As soon as you see a tap root put them in a solo cup with some holes on the bottom.
Just some cheep soilmto start in the cup.
Sorry @LKABudMan we don't have access to Prescription Blend here in Canada.
Easiest thing for you would be Geoflora but they won't ship to Canada either.
So try @Remo Nutrients they are a sponsor and a great product.
Read this thread.

If you have any questions I'm always around.

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks! I'm indoors...with a small tent Four to Six plant capacity max. I'm using Coast of Main plant starter at the moment. I have the next step up from that for when I pot up. I have five gallon pots waiting for plants. I currently water my Mt. Zion Seedlings...( Not sure of variety) twice a day with a spray bottle of just water...they look good so far. It's almost the end of week 3. I was considering potting up this weekend.

Two things made a huge difference for me growing in soil; @Prescription Blend , which made the nutes really easy. And Emilya's link on how to water a potted plant, which is in my signature. Make sure you're watering on the plants's schedule and not yours.
Do you have any pictures you can post?

Two things made a huge difference for me growing in soil; @Prescription Blend , which made the nutes really easy. And Emilya's link on how to water a potted plant, which is in my signature. Make sure you're watering on the plants's schedule and not yours.
Do you have any pictures you can post?
I was about to snap a photo...and realized my lights are off til 3:30pm! Ha! I will post soon.

I was about to snap a photo...and realized my lights are off til 3:30pm! Ha! I will post soon.
My girls...Mt. Zion in VA. Is where they came from. I had 6...only 4 sprouted....what do you think?

IMG_20220406_151549.jpg

IMG_20220406_151535.jpg

If you up-pot from a solo cup to a 5 gallon pot, then reading @Emilya ’s watering tutorial will definitely be worth your time. Most of us have a link in our signatures. Welcome & happy growing!

East coast here too. What part of the east are you in? Newfoundland Canada for me.
This is THE PLACE for advice and such. What a wealth of help and info here. The more pics and info you post, it seems like the more help you’ll get! Good Luck!

Welcome, friend! We're glad you're here :)

When you're first starting, it's a little overwhelming. We've got a grow kit that can help you out. It's got the plant food, nutrients, and pesticide you need. Plus it comes with measuring equipment and a feeding chart. Makes it super easy to understand, use, and have a great grow. It's just around $30 and you'll grow a lot of good stuff. Just click the link below to visit our website if you're interested in trying it out.

Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom