Old School Answers & New Ideas

Ok let's try the new ideas thing.

Blueberry. One of the best strains out there in lots of ways. Like Cinderella 99 it is very stable for a hybrid. Because of this it is one of the most popular strains for hybrids. Plus there is probably not a better strain out there for adding flavor. As popular as it is. It is still limiting. I have tried multiple Blueberry hybrids and found the same thing. Great flavor with mid range THC. Thing is all the flavors are good. One of the main differences in Blueberry plants is in smell and flavor. They are all good so it makes using Blueberry even easier.

THC content is never really through the roof with its hybrids. I am not saying it is not plenty good as it is. Don't get me wrong. I just would like to see a Blueberry that was punch you in the face strong. Something over 25%. The high from Blueberry is very pleasant even as it is. Stronger could only make it better.

Yes there is Blue Dream. It is different. The SSH has added strength and kept the happy high. But it is still more hybrid than Blueberry.

It is going to require a few backcrosses. To maintain more of the Blueberry traits it should be mostly Blueberry.

My first thought was to try and backcross a very Blueberry dom Blue Dream I have with Blueberry itself. I only have regular seeds of Blueberry so I could only go one way with it. Thing is it will still need to be stronger to get passed 25%

I also have a very potent Purps hybrid that has berry smells. This I have regular of both so I could do hybrids and backcrosses either way which would help. As I mentioned before it would still require backcrosses to get back to mostly Blueberry.

THC percent is not the tell all for a strain. It also doesn't hurt either.

Ok let's try the new ideas thing.

Blueberry. One of the best strains out there in lots of ways. Like Cinderella 99 it is very stable for a hybrid. Because of this it is one of the most popular strains for hybrids. Plus there is probably not a better strain out there for adding flavor. As popular as it is. It is still limiting. I have tried multiple Blueberry hybrids and found the same thing. Great flavor with mid range THC. Thing is all the flavors are good. One of the main differences in Blueberry plants is in smell and flavor. They are all good so it makes using Blueberry even easier.

THC content is never really through the roof with its hybrids. I am not saying it is not plenty good as it is. Don't get me wrong. I just would like to see a Blueberry that was punch you in the face strong. Something over 25%. The high from Blueberry is very pleasant even as it is. Stronger could only make it better.

Yes there is Blue Dream. It is different. The SSH has added strength and kept the happy high. But it is still more hybrid than Blueberry.

It is going to require a few backcrosses. To maintain more of the Blueberry traits it should be mostly Blueberry.

My first thought was to try and backcross a very Blueberry dom Blue Dream I have with Blueberry itself. I only have regular seeds of Blueberry so I could only go one way with it. Thing is it will still need to be stronger to get passed 25%

I also have a very potent Purps hybrid that has berry smells. This I have regular of both so I could do hybrids and backcrosses either way which would help. As I mentioned before it would still require backcrosses to get back to mostly Blueberry.

THC percent is not the tell all for' a strain. It also doesn't hurt either.
When you say 'stronger', do you mean trippier? That's what I think of with higher THC.

Mostly just a more powerful version of itself. Blueberry has nice effects as is. I just would like a little more intense version of it.

I don't know if it is even possible. Lots of times when you find more intencity you lose length of time the high lasts. Some of the biggest appeal of C-99 and Blueberry is the high stays with you hours.

To tell the truth I don't know "I" need it. I just figured if the industry was going to use it to stabilize all their hybrids it would be nice to see it not water down the THC of elite strains as it seems to be doing.

Already going to make Dark Dreams. Blue Dream x Blueberry Just because I can LMAO.

Interesting.. Only focusing on terpenes/flavor sounds awesome for dialing in that taste. By vendors I assume you mean dispensaries? I would never trust them, at least here in Canada. Every single bit of weed I've ever seen come out of a dispensary here is sub-par. It is by no means unsmokable or garbage but it is nowhere near the quality it should be for the price.
same down here in the usa in my state, dispensary is garbage.
ive gotten fully seeded bud, premature bud and bone dry bud from my medical dispensary, all for the low low price of 57.83 an eigth !! lmao what a frickin joke

Just depends who you know I think, and what head grower works for what dispensary. When I hear people say dispensary weed sucks it’s just one more BS example of online confirmation bias and usually said in an echo chamber with likeminded ppl who just say, “oh yeah I agree, 100%”

I’ve tried weed from dispensaries that crushes homegrown weed (my own included). You can definitely get shitty/ mediocre weed from dispensaries, but you can also get shitty/ mediocre weed from homegrowers. I’ll use the jungle boys as an example - those guys have so many haters that talk shit online. I know some of the haters personally, and it cracks me up because their weed absolutely blows compared to what JB produces (and they’re only growing a few plants whereas JB are growing tens of thousands/ more). That’s not to say I think jungle boys are the best growers or that home-growers can’t be better, I’m just trying to make the point that so many ppl talk so much shit like their weed is so good...or that dispensaries are so bad... and it’s just not reality. Saying dispensaries suck compared to personal grows is a very narrow minded viewpoint IMO.

i live in vermont a small legal state.
the dispensary i go to is growing 50 plants at most according to the budtender, but even that is probably bullshit based on anything they have told me in the past

yeah i feel ya there, if youre growing thousands or even hundreds of plants a line must be drawn for an average of quality/time/yield
obviously much easier to tend 2-3 plants than 100s, but it makes me feel good to be able to tell anyone who smokes my product exactly what went into it and know i took care of the plants in a small setting

i wish someday i could host a small cooperative in my state or be part of something to produce high quality small garden grown flower for my state, something akin to our maple syrup industry

Dispensaries are only going to be as good as the people who own them. Most are going to be money motivated and the products are going to emulate that. There are going to be people out there that want to produce a quality product. These will end up with more business and shorter supplies. All fine and dandy when it comes to Recreation states. Hit and miss is not a huge deal in the party world.

When it comes to medical states this should be different but it is not. If your product is going to be someones medicine there really should be better controls. I for one would hate to have to depend on others to supply me with what I need. To much involved. Do they care? If they do care do they know what they are doing?

Just another bullshit political mess. Here you can have what you need but we will grow it for you so you barely get what you need and depend on us more.

No matter what happens don't throw out them lights and pots. If you want it right do it yourself.

Dispensaries are only going to be as good as the people who own them. Most are going to be money motivated and the products are going to emulate that. There are going to be people out there that want to produce a quality product. These will end up with more business and shorter supplies. All fine and dandy when it comes to Recreation states. Hit and miss is not a huge deal in the party world.

When it comes to medical states this should be different but it is not. If your product is going to be someones medicine there really should be better controls. I for one would hate to have to depend on others to supply me with what I need. To much involved. Do they care? If they do care do they know what they are doing?

Just another bullshit political mess. Here you can have what you need but we will grow it for you so you barely get what you need and depend on us more.

No matter what happens don't throw out them lights and pots. If you want it right do it yourself.

yes well said, i dont trust the dispensary.
money motivated yes

I wonder if the buds that dispensaries sell are cured properly.... If they are simply dried then sent to the dispensaries, then it's no wonder the product is crap.
the one that is my medical dispensary is a big frickin NO
hell no they arent curing anything even close

Quantify? Really? can't we just use normal words. LMAO

Dank like quantify is only a word. It means different things to different people. For me Dank is a description of flavor not THC content.

Everyone's description of the dankest is going to be or should be different. The best weed out there is different for everyone.
Amazing to me that we have choice. Back in my day we had Mexican or we had Columbian. Both came as bulk full of seeds and stems. We had to “clean” our weed. If you got late to the dealer you got the shake. Routinely threw hundreds of seeds away.
The fact we now have endless choice is amazing. People saying dispensary weed is garbage! Nice problem to have.

I guess now would be a good time to Quote the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

Not positive anymore who said it. Fat Freddie or Freewheelin Franklin. The point is still revelant.

"The best weed in the world is what you happen to have on hand"

I wonder if the buds that dispensaries sell are cured properly.... If they are simply dried then sent to the dispensaries, then it's no wonder the product is crap.

Majority of the "street" stuff isn't cured properly either, as big growers paranoid enough during the grow and last thing they want to do is sit on it a few months after it is harvested as what they doing not "legal"....or least in my experience anyway with the bigger operations, there is a few "craft" type growers but IMHO they more rare than the other kind.

Plus if it is grown right. Flavor buzz the right burn will be there right after dried. Pretty sure anything wrong with the weed was not the cure and was something else. My guess is lots of the weed is too old more than not cured enough.

I don't cure my weed. It does cure over time. When my weed is done I smoke it. Pretty sure that is the case with most growers.

My mentor a old outlaw grower starts selling weed after it comes out after being sweated in plastic bags. This dudes weed is always great cure or not.

Plus if it is grown right. Flavor buzz the right burn will be there right after dried. Pretty sure anything wrong with the weed was not the cure and was something else. My guess is lots of the weed is too old more than not cured enough.

I don't cure my weed. It does cure over time. When my weed is done I smoke it. Pretty sure that is the case with most growers.

My mentor a old outlaw grower starts selling weed after it comes out after being sweated in plastic bags. This dudes weed is always great cure or not.
How long do you dry for?

My area can't keep up with the demand. I recently had a discussion with my local purveyer about how uncured and fresh his buds were. He is a part time smoker so it was an interesting exchange. Of his 10-15 weekly varieties, only 2 or 3 look smell an feel like they weren't rushed. But it still is pretty potent and cheap enough! (32$/8th)

our dispensaries are struggling with adequate supply. they have a limited number of suppliers, and those suppliers are under pressure to get product on the shelves. kind of a perfect storm to wind up with sub par weed.

a lot of growers are diverting the best stuff to other markets as well. it is now legal for the producers to sell to other national or international markets. most of the producers are corporate controlled, and corporate is not focused on local markets at this time.

my understanding is the quality has started improving. the pricing is frankly awful still, and a large number of people still buy street weed as a result of these issues.

It is going to take every state some time to adapt. Hopefully they do. Not everyone has a dispensary worth of genetics waiting for the word GO LMAO.

our dispensaries are struggling with adequate supply. they have a limited number of suppliers, and those suppliers are under pressure to get product on the shelves. kind of a perfect storm to wind up with sub par weed.

a lot of growers are diverting the best stuff to other markets as well. it is now legal for the producers to sell to other national or international markets. most of the producers are corporate controlled, and corporate is not focused on local markets at this time.

my understanding is the quality has started improving. the pricing is frankly awful still, and a large number of people still buy street weed as a result of these issues.

I would not trust street vendors. You don't know if they add chemicals to enhance the high, some of which can kill you. Although it would be cheaper for me to buy from the shops rather than grow my own, I want to know EXACTLY how my medicine is grown. So I grow a few plants in the corner of my bedroom for myself.

Plus, I grind the whole plant, except for stems and roots as a cooking herb. Depending on whether I use a couple pinches in my scrambled eggs or a couple tablespoons in my soups and stews, I won't "go down" with the eggs, but I def have to take a nap after a couple helpings of the soups and stews.

I have yet to grow a strain that doesn't put me out like a candle. And some of my ground herbs are going on 3 years in the jars. (Well cured!) I have yet to feel alert and energized from ingesting, even with the Sativas.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom