@copperrein

Correction, no outdoor this year. I have neighbors who are police. ;)

That seed was dropped by the Mango last year and sprouted in February. It was a warm month. :) So it is a test subject now.

Once the outbuilding is up and going, I have a selection of about 15-18(ish) different strains I have made to test out. Well...there's probably over 7 or so I haven't even tried growing out yet. Tons of fun to be had still.

It's all coalescing as I type this...

@Seniorweeder

Always a pleasure to hear from you. My solo AC/DC is chugging along. I flipped too early...ehh, who knew. Probably get 1-2 oz off her; good enough to learn a few valuable lessons about indoor growing. ;)

There isn't much happening as far as growing. 6 Bonsai's waiting for a trim, they rebounded after my nutrient tea fiasco. LOL!

It's weird not having seeds going for outdoors. I feel...weird.

All my stuff is set to be uprooted and turned on it's head for the better. There is a new light coming that is going to be a game changer and I have had to rethink my future set up.

I need to drain my wild grass ferment tonight. That is about the only exciting thing happening right now...or later. ;)

I'll be in the same boat in a few short weeks, my balcony crop will chopped and it'll be a 6 month wait for springtime to kick off again, I am envious of indoor growers being able to just carry on. Good luck with the ferments, I'm watching to see how they go!

Your balcony is EPIC! @Stunger

Ferments are moving along slowly and my efforts will probably be switched to getting my outbuilding ready.

Foliar on the test subject hasn't materialized yet...maybe tomorrow.

Screenshot_2021-03-17-08-03-02.png

Just checking on her today. She is 3 weeks from showing first stigmas/pistils. She appears to be more trichy than when she is grown outdoors; that's interesting.

Screenshot_2021-03-17-08-03-02.png

Just checking on her today. She is 3 weeks from showing first stigmas/pistils. She is appears to be more trichy than when grown outdoors; that's interesting.
Mate any time i can get my girls out on a good day i do it , they do frost up , more uv hitting them , even when i cut sometimes i hang in the sun the last day or two , the bud turns white fast , beat the free sun

this is a couple , some jarred buds i will put in the sun too ,

P1130111.JPG
P1130112.JPG
P1130146.JPG

Mate any time i can get my girls out on a good day i do it , they do frost up , more uv hitting them , even when i cut sometimes i hang in the sun the last day or two , the bud turns white fast , beat the free sun

this is a couple , some jarred buds i will put in the sun too ,

P1130111.JPG
P1130112.JPG
P1130146.JPG
Oh my, Im jealous friend, how many plants made that treasure chest! What strain also?

@Seniorweeder

Always a pleasure to hear from you. My solo AC/DC is chugging along. I flipped too early...ehh, who knew. Probably get 1-2 oz off her; good enough to learn a few valuable lessons about indoor growing. ;)

There isn't much happening as far as growing. 6 Bonsai's waiting for a trim, they rebounded after my nutrient tea fiasco. LOL!

All my stuff is set to be uprooted and turned on it's head for the better. There is a new light coming that is going to be a game changer and I have had to rethink my future set up.

I need to drain my wild grass ferment tonight. That is about the only exciting thing happening right now...or later. ;)
BTW what light did u spring for, I am studying some for my next Fall indoor grow, looking for best option for my 2'x4' x 65" box within my budget!

@Seniorweeder

That is dependent upon your budget.

I sprung for the Mars-Hydro TSW2000, it flowers a 3×3 with Epistar chips and does not have a Meanwell driver like most desire.

Mars has a TSL2000 for ~$220ish, it flowers a 2×4 i believe. Same chips and driver (not sure of name).

Perfect Sun, WEEGrow, PhotonTek, Budget, Atreum, and...we have a ton of light sponsors. Forgive me for the 1 I forgot.

I would check all their sites to see who gives the most bang for the buck. Finding a board with a Meanwell driver amd Samsung chips is the tops for LED right now. Maybe not "tops", but definitely repsectable components.

I checked in on the grass ferment and it had healthy looking mold on top.

Screenshot_2021-03-18-17-27-31.png

This is day 9 and again the mold was "white and happy".

Screenshot_2021-03-18-17-29-06.png

Now to get to the foliar application.

So my coco oil is about to run out and I have a week or 2 before I am totally out. I like my A.M. edible to keep me relaxed during the day.

I am about to start a gummy run and I have some questions.

1) MB2 is asking NOT to chop the bud before decarbing it. This is not what I have read for a full decarb. I guess the extra heating that happens in the machine solidifies the decarb?

2) Do I need a syringe to suck up the reduced FECO? (RSO)

3) Will my molds hold all of my mixture? What happens if it don't?

4) Will the gummies stick together once stored?

5) ...I am licking everything clean! Kidding...kinda... ;)

I know we have awesome members who have done this method so I searched and found our buddy @Justin Goody knocking it out of the park!

Reading the MB2 recipe makes the whole process sound difficult but Justin breaks it down and makes it seem like success is easily achievable. Thank you for the spectacular write up.

1) The MB2 machine has a "chopping" element on the bottom of their machine and chopping the bud before placing in the machine may result in more plant matter getting through...maybe.

2) Justin scraped the mixture in to a funnel and applied to molds. He used oil which I feel is safer than using the reduced FECO. Perhaps the FECO needs to be sucked in to a syringe to minimize mess? Couldn't the reduced FECO go right in to the mixture?

3) I see that Justin had an extra form at the ready to accept the excess that didn't fit in the forms. I may need to line up another form of some sort to catch the excess. One of my concerns when buying the forms was to consider the overall volume that could be handled by the forms. Of course the "leaves" are huge and about $7 more than the rest. That is not my style. ;) So it was either worms or rings. I decided to go with the rings.

4) In the processes I have read "off site", they mention leaving the gummies out for a few days allowing them to dry out on the outside, so they don't stick together.

5) I watched the wife lick a spatula clean after making CBD FECO (full extraction cannabis oil) and she was out of it for a couple days. ;) ...I ain't got that luxury. I will not be licking anything clean. :)

So at this point I just need to do this...

Hello Pat! :ciao:Congrats on joining the staff:bravo:! I love my MB2. I've been deoxying my buds in foil envelopes in an air fryer. Great time and temp control. I don't chop, just mash it down some to fit more below the line. Dunno bout gummies tho cause I put mine in cocoa or Chai. Sorry to hear you've no plans for outdoor. Nosy neighbors can be a drag. I'm just starting my outdoor today.
Anyway, have a super day! Smile and stay stoneder. :passitleft:

So my coco oil is about to run out and I have a week or 2 before I am totally out. I like my A.M. edible to keep me relaxed during the day.

1) MB2 is asking NOT to chop the bud before decarbing it. This is not what I have read for a full decarb. I guess the extra heating that happens in the machine solidifies the decarb?

I know we have awesome members who have done this method so I searched and found our buddy @Justin Goody knocking it out of the park!

Reading the MB2 recipe makes the whole process sound difficult but Justin breaks it down and makes it seem like success is easily achievable. Thank you for the spectacular write up.

1) The MB2 machine has a "chopping" element on the bottom of their machine and chopping the bud before placing in the machine may result in more plant matter getting through...maybe.

2) Justin scraped the mixture in to a funnel and applied to molds. He used oil which I feel is safer than using the reduced FECO. Perhaps the FECO needs to be sucked in to a syringe to minimize mess? Couldn't the reduced FECO go right in to the mixture?

3) I see that Justin had an extra form at the ready to accept the excess that didn't fit in the forms. I may need to line up another form of some sort to catch the excess. One of my concerns when buying the forms was to consider the overall volume that could be handled by the forms. Of course the "leaves" are huge and about $7 more than the rest. That is not my style. ;) So it was either worms or rings. I decided to go with the rings.

4) In the processes I have read "off site", they mention leaving the gummies out for a few days allowing them to dry out on the outside, so they don't stick together.

5) I watched the wife lick a spatula clean after making CBD FECO (full extraction cannabis oil) and she was out of it for a couple days. ;) ...I ain't got that luxury. I will not be licking anything clean. :)

Awesome and thank you for the mention!
With mine, leaving them out only caused them to get more oily and sticky. Maybe some kind of food wax/flour could do them some good at that point, but I just keep mine in the freezer ;)

When I decarb (190 in the oven), I leave the bud whole but try to get the size of everything to be even in height.
Kind of like topping a pizza, more isn’t always better for cooking- getting it evenly stacked will get more consistent results. Then straight into the MB with the Coconut oil.
Good luck, it’s just the first time making gummies that is a bit tougher. After that you’ll be a pro.

@Fredwak

Not nosey neighbors...one neighbor is in law enforcement. He is a super cool neighbor. We chop it up and talk a bunch. I just don't want any trouble, even if it is just an oversight and mistake on his behalf. That mistake could be a life changing event.

So in the welfare and safety of our family in general, it's time to take the grow indoors.

Plus, I don't need some nut jumping my fence for anything while my kids are back there. It's time to remove all reasons for an upset.

This is a brilliant question that will help all of us.

My wife is sympathetic with yours. Mine licked the spoon after making chocolate and she thought she was going to die, she was that high.

Back
Top Bottom