PB's Persistent Pot Condo: Established 2019

:rolleyes: I was afraid you were going to ask that HunterNitro. Remember I'm a moron and this is just for fun!

The exact same stuff I'm using in soil:

1) Big Bloom - 6tsp/g - here might be a major source of my problems, I believe I only did 3tsp/g the first bucket (from the hydro chart), 6tsp/g is for soil!

2) Grow Big - 3tsp/g - too much, should have been 2

3) Vinegar for pH - 3tsp/g - I know I can bring my water to about 6.8 pH, but I didn't add and I know it dissapates rather quickly.

4) Cal/Mag (1-0-0) - 3tsp/g - I go heavy in soil and figured I'd stick with it, and use 1-0-0 instead of 2 so I can control the N better

5) Hydroguard - 2ml/g with a bit extra added this time via panic

So not real thought through, and maybe a major mistake from the first bucket mix which seemed to work very well for the first 3 weeks. I had fantastic happy looking skinny dippers, changed the water and BAM they started croaking. I imagine it was just a matter of time though even with the right mix this bucket based on my inability to measure any meaningful and important hydro data. I'll let these two soldier on, but most likely will not replace the empty cubbys next to them or continue at all if they don't survive. It's been interesting though! I know I'll eventually have a hydro system going but at the moment I'm full up with soil tenants anyway.

Things that must happen if you want them to live: Ph needs to be at 5.5 - 6.0..... 5.5 - 5.8 is the sweet spot. Stop the vinegar and use Ph Down. Check pH DAILY and adjust DAILY. Look up your nute line up for hydro mixtures and mix it for week 2 on the feed chart (Hydro Recirculating) with no more than 600 PPM until they recover (half the mixture if needed). Double your mixture of Hydroguard that is stated. All of this with a fresh mixture of fresh water that needs to be changed weekly. Hydro needs very little but they MUST happen. 5.5-6.0 Ph, Air, and beneficiary bacteria for roots. You can have fun while also being successful =) I understand you are busy with the soil. Its just so sad to see the girls wither away. Good luck if you continue hydro.

Its just so sad to see the girls wither away.

That is awesome advice HunterNitro thank you! I'm glad this information is here now not only for me in the future but believe me when I tell you a whole lot of people will benefit from it that you and I both will never know of. Your advice AND my mistakes!

I'd like to apologize in advance though, more than likely I won't be investing into hydro any more than I have. The intent for this thing wasn't to switch growing systems, it was to see how far I could get with a backwoods rig and no tools. I have less money into this experiment than a cheap PPM meter alone, and the girls were just arms cut off another girl! I know where you are coming from though I have a hard time getting rid of material and they do become "the girls", so I have scads of arms off other girls (even took cuttings from those) and real natural babies to replace them with. I've really had to make a effort to stop making more plants from seed and cuttings so I was actually quite surprised and pleased with myself in how easy it was to toss those gross little suckers right in the trash pile this time!

My soil grow is going fine, I'm averaging just over a ounce a gallon which I'm very happy with (of course always could be better), and I'm harvesting every week to two weeks so no need to change here...well besides more lights...can always use more lights! Otherwise, its just nothin' but a bit of fun! Once again I really do appreciate your input and advice, cheers mate! :yahoo:

Sheesh who updates this thing anyway? What happened with the hot tub? How's that ugly slow ass auto doing?

PB HT is still bubbling away! I haven't changed the water, just lost a few more swimmers and rearranged the seating. That's the runt, only original member of the band left. I did add a little sprout my puppy nipped off chasing dust that rooted on the kitchen window sill in water!
IMG_20200528_172922742.jpg

That auto is still stubborn and ugly but BIG!

IMG_20200528_173118649_HDR.jpg

I took her tops (it wasn't labeled a auto So I topped it a few times) and got them to root check out the little sisters!

IMG_20200528_173232999_HDR.jpg

I'm happy these days, feel well dialed in. I can try harder if I want but don't have to. You guys inspire me to be myself and accept success on my terms, not some schedule that overwaters me :yahoo:

I will say this, I need more light!!!

Cheers y'all thanks for your support, enjoy the evening and tell your weed plants then your kids you're proud of them!

Ok I'm still wired and frustrated as shit I need a spot to vent a bit and nobody that doesn't live in my computer is a very good listener or very satisfying to vent to, but you guys are! So to make it officially about weed, firstly I AM SICK AND EFFING TIRED OF SEEDS. Whoever told me I'm gonna regret it, I am begging you for a I told you so!

IT's totally true but not my real grrr. It's work related...I have a bit of climbing experience in my past so climbed 400' up a radio tower today like a stroll in the park and yet couldn't bring myself to shimmy 6 feet further on a lateral post jutting out to the side to the equipment that runs the internet service I work for.

98.52% bravery = 100% failure. SHIT. Not a bad place to visit, but I'm not going to make it my work commute. Sorry boss.

IMG_20200604_164948215_HDR.jpg

Dang! I couldn't have made the climb! 400'!!! I did 20' on the centre mast on my step dad's 35' gillnet boat in choppy seas and that was enough for me!

Great photo
Thanks you guys, DD omg it was all I could do to take it. Its amazing how slippery and awkward your phone feels at that elevation compared to on the ground! Like it was struggling to get me to let go!

Working at heights has been getting harder for me for years (20m ladder access to silos, for example). I’m at the point now that I have to be careful not to watch the wrong youtube clip on my HD tv or it turns my legs to jelly on the couch. Pathetic.
I know exactly what you mean about handling tools and getting stuff done up there. Muscle rigidity makes it like swimming through treacle (rosin! I’m for rebranding that cliche) you want everything on lanyards. You can only do stuff one handed because you have to maintain three points of contact. Yeah, nah you can have your heebie jeebies.

You need one of these things. When my wife got it for me, I was like, “no, those are for chicks!”

I put it on to make her happy... and I actually love it. It makes it so easy to hold on to my phone. It folds up so it fits in my pocket easily, I never drop my phone anymore and it’s very comfortable. But shhhh don’t tell her that I like it! Lol
D5E7D1C0-F8C3-4415-89EC-B179555EC2A1.jpeg

You should climb back up there... take a weed leaf with you. Then post it in the photo of the month! Lol sure shot to be a winner!! Lol

Oh man has this internet gig been knocking my Richard in the soil! I managed to break my phone to boot...I had some good pics on it too...I hope I can retrieve them, I chopped the Bruce Banner #3 auto...5.3 oz! Ton of red hairs and some awesome tops but also lots of fluff (still smokeable)...I should have trimmed it up better and not topped it so many times, but I'm happy with the outcome. The tops I then rooted look SUPER good though, buds firming up nicely. Phone should be here Thursday so pop up a pic of them and hopefully I'll have some nug of the month shots! CHeers yall, be safe have fun, big smiles for everyone! :yahoo:

Thank bob for the early arrival of the replacement phone and the timely arrival of my Major Award! There are vacancies in the condo! How come all the males have to look so healthy and big? Ah well lots of fems to choose from now!

IMG_20200624_130621739.jpg
IMG_20200624_130713284.jpg

No luck on the monster Bruce pics yet but here's a top...more than a octave long! Got 8 like this!

IMG_20200624_132231738.jpg

CHeers y'all, have a great day!:yahoo:

Hello Pbass! :passitleft: I'de love to play every note in that scale. Thats is an awesome shot up the tower!

Dude I’m calling that two octaves. I’m not even going to call it 16 notes long I’m going chromatic. That is 24 notes right there.
And at that end of the keyboard of course it is already high! :tommy: C’mon, musician’s jokes don’t have to be funny. (So few actually are:laugh: )
Love your lovely seed stash, sir :bravo:

Dude I’m calling that two octaves
I was tempted to lay the others out, I imagine I could cover all 61 keys! What I really need is a mansion and a grand piano. That'd make a way better pic! ;)

I'm taking the day off from interweb world even though everyone isn't back up. My girls need me...l have weed chores at every stage of the process!

This stage is a good one lol...

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_101106296.jpg
    IMG_20200627_101106296.jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom