PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

Hey PC. How long were buds in Turkey bags before you made changes to up the rh? Should be at least 24 hours. Did you take buds off stems before you put in bags? Best to leave them on stem at least at first because they hold lots of moisture. When I was hang drying I would check buds and temp/rh multiple times per day making adjustments if needed. When you know it's time, the buds will be dry on the outside but still have a little bounce when you squeeze them, stems will bend but not snap. I've read that if you dry past 55 that stops the cure. Adding boveda or fruit peels will not reverse that. Tagging @Mr. Krip in case he can add any science to that. This is a very important step so I had to drop some advice here. Another good test which I'm not sure if you can do (not sure if you smoke) is when you think they're dry enough, roll a doob and if it burns good then you're good to go. Duggan was my mentor too, along with a bunch of other great growers and that's where I got this info. Each grow you do is going to get better and better. Congrats again! :high-five:

:ganjamon:
Thanks Ween I have been checking them multiple times a day but I am having trouble getting them to the right RH. I appreciate the advise. When I checked last night some were in the 70% range a couple were in the 60s and one was at 53% so I am struggling with getting it right. I left the bags the higher ones were in open last night to bring the RH down some then I closed them back up this morning. They were still in the high 60s .

Can you re read my post and answer the questions I asked? Hoping I'm not coming off as a dick but I'm trying to help in Doogs absence. I couldn't tell from previous posts but it seems like you may have not given it long enough in bags before you added something to bring rh up....? My last mini harvest, autos, dried really fast in the fridge so I was worried they were too dry. After a couple hours in the jar it was 45/50 BUT after 24 hours it was up close to 70 so just about perfect, burped for a few days and it was stable right around 62. No bovedas! Not needed unless you will be storing for a long time. Some say they take flavor away, not sure about that but why add if not needed? I do use them after the cure because my weed sits around for a very long time.

Can you re read my post and answer the questions I asked? Hoping I'm not coming off as a dick but I'm trying to help in Doogs absence. I couldn't tell from previous posts but it seems like you may have not given it long enough in bags before you added something to bring rh up....? My last mini harvest, autos, dried really fast in the fridge so I was worried they were too dry. After a couple hours in the jar it was 45/50 BUT after 24 hours it was up close to 70 so just about perfect, burped for a few days and it was stable right around 62. No bovedas! Not needed unless you will be storing for a long time. Some say they take flavor away, not sure about that but why add if not needed? I do use them after the cure because my weed sits around for a very long time.
I took the buds off the stems, and they were in the bags around 24 hrs before I opened the bag and added anything. I didn't take that the wrong way at all and Thanks for the advise

Wasn't me but good luck with them!

I'd stick in apple or orange slices to raise the RH fast. Boveda will take too long to move the needle on that. And I've never found that using fruit changes the taste or smell of the buds.
Hey guys :ciao: . I use fresh cut fan leaves to rehydrate my buds. Is this a good idea?:yummy:

I am aslo doing the low and slow process. Derby recommended taking a bag from the fridge and putting it in the turkey bag to bring the RH back up and it really helped all but 1 bag so I may add a second one to help a little more

This stage seems like the most difficult to communicate from one person to the next. Just way too much variables that it really is just a sensory experience. My first time I completely remember being nervous cause I really had no idea what to expect. Trying a bunch of methods and getting the feels down is everything. I have had a jar come down with mold, overdried more than I was aiming. You gotta know where the lines are....now that I have done it a few times I am feeling pretty good about how I am doing it, and have plenty of room to experiment.

Being that most of this crop is for caps I would think just cut off the mains in a paper bag in a dark cool place would be just fine. The low and slow in the fridge for the smokable produce.....and I can't comment on the cobs cause That is an area of future exploration.

I think you are doing great for a first big run. Can't wait to see your next journal start up and hopefully sub up before it gets to page 10.

This stage seems like the most difficult to communicate from one person to the next. Just way too much variables that it really is just a sensory experience. My first time I completely remember being nervous cause I really had no idea what to expect. Trying a bunch of methods and getting the feels down is everything. I have had a jar come down with mold, overdried more than I was aiming. You gotta know where the lines are....now that I have done it a few times I am feeling pretty good about how I am doing it, and have plenty of room to experiment.

Being that most of this crop is for caps I would think just cut off the mains in a paper bag in a dark cool place would be just fine. The low and slow in the fridge for the smokable produce.....and I can't comment on the cobs cause That is an area of future exploration.

I think you are doing great for a first big run. Can't wait to see your next journal start up and hopefully sub up before it gets to page 10.
Thanks Seedling. I have been freaking out more then I should. Some of it has a hay smell that I hope cures out of it. I have been opening the bags if I see it over 70% or so and keeping them shut if they are in the mid 60s. Derbybud suggested putting one of the bags I am doing the low and slow on in the turkey bag to help raise the RH and that helped a lot. This part does have me a little nervous :confused:

Hey guys :ciao: . I use fresh cut fan leaves to rehydrate my buds. Is this a good idea?:yummy:
I gave my buddy all the trim so he can make some edibles, Luckily I have some bags in the fridge that have enough moister to raise the RH. That sounds like another good idea though, Thank you for suggesting that
:high-five:

I have to say I cant believe these numbers so I am not saying this is correct but when I weighed just the three plants I have in turkey bags it comes up to 22ounces not including the Biggest plant which was the SCB CBD, I have it divvied up in paper lunch bags in the fridge so when they are ready to cure I will get a weight on it too. That does sound high and I will weigh them again once they have cured to double check. Maybe my scales are off. If that is right or even close, I am Over the Moon happy

The one bag that is low is just some small stuff from the SCB CBD but it has came up to 56% since it has been sealed up in the bag so I am hoping to get that at 58% or a little higher.

I will get pictures of the scale and bud in a day or two (Pictures or it didn't happen) and see if the numbers are close to what it says now

Wow nice job PC. I bet those will be close numbers. Your tent was full and it's a 5x5 not a 4x4. Great job.
Now that the RH has come back up on the ones in turkey bags should I be burping twice a day now ?

Back
Top Bottom