PeeJay's Neophyte Breeding Adventure

I'm going to update everything today. I'm gonna do it in a couple of chunks. First the flowering plants in the tent. I didn't get up early enough to get pictures before the lights came on so we will have to deal with the purple LED glow...

Day 20 12/12. Day 13 of flowering for the Cheese. Day 11 of flowering for the Darkstar

Cheese on the left. Darkstar on the right. They are dropping a few lower leaves.

20150719_063612.jpg

The loss of a few lower leaves is not surprising given the density of the canopy. It is difficult to tell where one plant ends and the next begins. I have another Mars Hydro light arriving on Tuesday (old style 300 watt.) It will get hung over the Darkstar with the 128x3. I'll have a little over 1400 watts of LED drawing about 825 watts once that is up and running.

20150719_065413.jpg

Cheese is stacking up nicely.

20150719_063913.jpg

20150719_063825.jpg

20150719_063757.jpg

Darkstar started flowering a little more slowly but is coming along nicely.

20150719_063837.jpg

20150719_063946.jpg

Both plants got top dressed last Wednesday with a 50/50 mix of worm castings and Yum-Yum - about 3 cups for each pot. Right after the pictures were taken today they got a foliar of SeaCom PGR cold water kelp (1 tsp per gallon). Other than that it has just been water so far. In another week once the flowers are well set I'll remove some fan leaves to open things up.

The greenhouse big girls:

The two big plants in the tent and the two in the greenhouse looked like this a month ago on June 19th.

20150613_164608.jpg

Here are the two in the greenhouse now... Darkstar in front, Sage 'n Sour in back.

20150719_074643.jpg

Growth has been very hyper in the last week. Sage 'n Sour

20150719_074716.jpg

Darkstar

20150719_074810.jpg

Standing in between the two.

20150719_075129.jpg

Gave everyone another super cropping beat down this morning. We are definitely in stretch with preflower formation going down. The Sage 'n Sour is preflowering more aggressively than the Darkstar. Last year I declared the greenhouse plants officially flowering on the 25th of July. Should be about the same this year.

20150719_081259.jpg

20150719_081308.jpg

20150719_081350.jpg

20150719_081559.jpg

It's stinky in there. I reek after messing with the plants. Running a 6x24 inch filter and a 6" Vortex fan full time now. Should do the trick.

SWICK side by side:

The seeds all sprouted between the 7th and 10th of July so the babies are between 9 and 12 days old. They are stretchy from the shade and the temperature still hits the mid 90's most days so it's sort of hot for them but they are mostly ok. I can't see any difference in groth rates between the SWICK and regular watering so far. I have a good bunch of algae going LOL.

The Paki Chitrals

20150719_084347.jpg

20150719_084356.jpg

Two of the Panama have been chewed on by something but I can't see what has been eating them if it is still there.

20150719_084412.jpg

20150719_084427.jpg

Has the SWICK saved me time and worry? Not really. I was gone for three days again this week. Watering the unSWICKED plants took about 10 minutes Wednesday morning since the pots are small. They are not in need of water yet and it's been since Wednesday morning. I have added water to the SWICKs twice. Not much labor savings.

For perspective PeeJay, how tall are you?

Here ya go Sue. I went out and hung a yardstick horizontally from the velcro loops at the back of the greenhouse.

20150719_092912.jpg

The yardstick is at soil level in the Darkstar here. This is after the morning beat down, of course. They are pretty good sized plants.

20150719_093211.jpg

You are just too damned cute PeeJay. Thank you dear. :love:

Got a question for ya PJ.... The 2 WW.. 1 in PJ soil and 1 in FF.... the one in PJ soil is perfect... beautiful color and very tight nodes... so far just a perfect specimen.... then the 2nd one in FF soil is like the leggiest thing I have ever seen... They are both fem beans or I would be convinced the lanky one was going to be a male.... but assuming they are fems as they are supposed to be.... why would the FF babe be so much taller and lankier..:confused: They have both been treated exactly the same and under the same lights... I have grwon WW before a couple of times but both times it was an auto so I don't know which is the norm...:straightface: the lanky one or the short bushy one... or would the soil make that much difference at this stage or is it just genetics...:confused:
I like the structure of the girl in your soil much better and I think I will use her to clone from but am just curious if you think it is the soil that is making the differences or the genetics... both beans came from the same place but I do know that doesn't make a lot of difference... you can get different traits from the same lot.... Anyhow just curious what ya thought....:hmmmm:.....:circle-of-love:

Got a question for ya PJ.... The 2 WW.. 1 in PJ soil and 1 in FF.... the one in PJ soil is perfect... beautiful color and very tight nodes... so far just a perfect specimen.... then the 2nd one in FF soil is like the leggiest thing I have ever seen... They are both fem beans or I would be convinced the lanky one was going to be a male.... but assuming they are fems as they are supposed to be.... why would the FF babe be so much taller and lankier..:confused: They have both been treated exactly the same and under the same lights... I have grwon WW before a couple of times but both times it was an auto so I don't know which is the norm...:straightface: the lanky one or the short bushy one... or would the soil make that much difference at this stage or is it just genetics...:confused:
I like the structure of the girl in your soil much better and I think I will use her to clone from but am just curious if you think it is the soil that is making the differences or the genetics... both beans came from the same place but I do know that doesn't make a lot of difference... you can get different traits from the same lot.... Anyhow just curious what ya thought....:hmmmm:.....:circle-of-love:

It's very possible that your WW's ended up with two different genetic. Maybe the lanky one got more of the sativa genetics and the other one more the indica genetics as WW is a hybrid. It could also be the superior quality of soil as you are using PJ's soil.

Grabbed a couple of tent pictures at lights out yesterday. The plants are tired after a long day and thirsty - a little droopy. Gives an idea of what's going on in there...

20150719_173730.jpg

20150719_173809.jpg

Also got an afternoon pic of the greenhouse plants that are bouncing back nicely from their Sunday morning supercrop beat down.

beatdownrecovery.jpg

Setting up a new 32"x32"x24" seedling and propagation unit with 8 x 24" T-5 bulbs today and waiting for an additional 300 w LED to put up over the Darkstar in the tent to even things up.

20150721_100238.jpg

Plants are looking great man! Glad you are still alive and kicking around these parts! I've still been growing, but kinda fell off the forum bandwagon. I just harvested and replanted my tent. Thinking of starting a new journal this go around. Looking forward to seeing some more of your sage & darkstar. love thoes strains

I fell off the forum bandwagon too for a long spell BP. I'm going to be glad to replenish the Darkstar with the two big plants. It is such a heavy indica that it lasts me a long time since I only smoke it when I expect to get NOTHING done. The Darkstar is a fun thing to have in the arsenal because it does it's "job" well and because other patients who grow more upity strains seem quite happy to swap for some adding greatly to my smoking variety. Can't say I know how long it will be before I get weary of "watching the grass grow."

Forums are funny things. After growing up on skis and not participating in the sport for a few decades I decided to get back into it with my son. We did a lot of travelling and storm chasing. I participated in a couple ski forums. One was SO polite and technical. "No, your knees should be bent at 34 degrees at the apex of the turn, not 37 degrees." The other was much more rough and tumble, rude, and much more fun. 420 Mag is more like the former. If you decide to journal I'll be tuned in and if you decide not to halfway through I'll assume that all is well and remain calm.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom