PeeJay's Perpetual Porta-Scrog Party

Those 5th E buds look ... amazing!

Haven't shared it with any friends yet, Jim. Pretty sure they are going to be asking me to swap some for some of theirs but I only have 72g and September is a long time away. I'm going to have to say no.

Bigger Bangi Update

Bigger Bangi faded hard when the pistils started to pull back. I was tempted to feed it but I've stuck to my water only guns. Here's what she looked like about a week ago compared to today:

IMG_224729.JPG

IMG_263720.JPG

I spent some time getting her all wired up today so I could haul her out the the greenhouse. It is a bit of a chore. My daylight is 13 hours 45 minutes right now according to NOAA and getting longer by about a minute and a half a day. That makes me leary of leaving her out there full time with a couple of weeks to go. She's a little too big to haul in and out daily. Getting light from the sun will on a convenience basis.

She's swelling pretty good.

IMG_263819.JPG

IMG_265012.JPG

IMG_265418.JPG

:welcome: GreeenFingers

Been messing around with terpine conserved activated CCO. 3 grams of Panama, 4 grams of Sage'n Sour, and two grams of Bangi wax with a bit of artisan producer California olive oil. All the waxes were produced from fresh frozen bottom buds and sugar leaf trim by the standard wax extraction method but are essentially a quick wash. Not much effort was put into getting everything out. Very terpine rich product. Heat is the enemy!

IMG_26578.JPG

Still, to activate the oil it has to be heated. I sealed up the silicone jar and placed it on the rack of an electric pressure cooker above ~ 1/2 inch of water. The cooker has a low pressure setting that is 6 psi. At sea level and 6 psi water boils at 230 F. Adjusted for my high altitude it is 220 F. Ideal. Set the timer for 13 minutes and let it go. The whole cycle from heat-up through the lid unlocking was about 25 minutes.

Popped the top off the container and there were little bubbles indicating that decarboxilation was grooving. When stirred a little there was an big release of bubbles. 13 minutes seems about right.

IMG_265915.JPG

IMG_266018.JPG

Really easy to suck up the warm oil into a syringe. The silicone is heat stable to around 450 F and nothing sticks to it. Beautiful golden daytime CCO.

IMG_266221.JPG

After a couple of hours it seems to be separating a little bit - weeping out some lower viscosity oil. I'll check it in the morning and if need be I'll gently warm the CCO and add a smidge of emulsifier - most likely xanthum.

I also made some nighttime CCO using the same method except it had a couple of grams of Chitral keif in it produced from dried frozen trim on top of 3 grams of DarkStar and 3 Grams of Chitral terpine conserved quick wash waxes. Much darker color on the nighttime CCO. Makes it easy to tell 'em apart.

IMG_266315.JPG

Rubbed a little of the nighttime on my gums last night before going to bed. Sometime during the night I got up to pee and rubbed on some more...

I woke up a few minute ago and it's 10:00 a.m. A chronic early riser, I always get up when it gets light and can't remember the last time I slept this late. Strong medicine.

Both oils seem to have remained homogeneous so there is no need for an emulsifier.

Rubbed a little of the nighttime on my gums last night before going to bed. Sometime during the night I got up to pee and rubbed on some more...

I woke up a few minute ago and it's 10:00 a.m. A chronic early riser, I always get up when it gets light and can't remember the last time I slept this late. Strong medicine.

Both oils seem to have remained homogeneous so there is no need for an emulsifier.

Thanks for that information and instruction. Blogged that in my CCO tab!!

:cco:

:passitleft: High PJ....:circle-of-love:

:passitleft: Back attcha, Dennise. :circle-of-love:

Thanks for that information and instruction. Blogged that in my CCO tab!!

:cco:

I actually made that oil for an old friend who is kind of a mess and smokes lots of herb. Eveytime I suggested oiling he just said, "I like to smoke it."

He's got a weird seizure disorder. I gave it to him on Friday and yesterday afternoon received this text from him:

"No headache or nausea since Friday and I slept through the night last night. Thanks!"

:passitleft: Back attcha, Dennise. :circle-of-love:

I actually made that oil for an old friend who is kind of a mess and smokes lots of herb. Eveytime I suggested oiling he just said, "I like to smoke it."

He's got a weird seizure disorder. I gave it to him on Friday and yesterday afternoon received this text from him:

"No headache or nausea since Friday and I slept through the night last night. Thanks!"

That's such a relief for him I'm sure! Anything that helps....it's a GOOD thing. Eres un buen amigo!

:circle-of-love:

I'm still dragging my feet over here getting some seeds going for outside in the greenhouse. In general I tend to start them too soon and they get a little bigger than I'd like.

Pink Plant yielded 121 grams - about 4.25 ounces and has been in the jar since Saturday.

Big Bangi is getting close and will get the chop early next week.

Little Bangi has had close to two weeks in the jar now. Time for a smoke report.

The buds are not crystal covered however this plant was always very oily to the touch, leaving a sticky film on my fingers.

IMG_266919.JPG

The odd medicinal odor has faded. Stick my nose in the jar now and sour dominates. There's a fleeting spicy incense smell and then just sour. It ain't a bright zippy sour smell by a long shot, more akin to the sour odors associated with rot. That isn't quite right either. If you're familiar with bergamot that is in the ballpark.

I have good amounts of 9 strains in jars right now. If folks were asked to smell them all and rank them from most pleasant to least I'm confident Bangi would finish dead last on nose appeal.

The smoke tastes pleasant; mild and spicy. It's not in the least bit harsh with a faint lingering taste of aromatic wood resin and orange peel. After a string of fruity flavor harvests it is a nice change.

The effect is crisp, clear, and happy. Bangi does not pack the wallop of some of the other things I have on hand but it's really nice. My sense is that this is going to be great "activity" smoke and will be ideal for social consumption. It does not seem to have a "body stone" at all. It's one of those strains that hits ya in the temples.

The jury is still out on the Bangi. I need to have some others try it, but overall I think it'll be a nice thing to have on hand.

My recent GT harvest looks sort of the same way. Not amazing looking, but meh. It certainly does the job!

:thumb:

After spending some more time with the Bangi I like it quite well. It is similar to the PCK in that it isn't super potent but smokes smooth and tasty. Sometimes ya don't want to be knocked out cold by a hit or two. It has a very upbeat and happy effect.

More and more I find myself medicating with vaporized concentrates made from fresh frozen buds. I'm not one of those dab crazed maniacs. The kiln at low tempertures delivers tasty vapor. It's strength is not huge rips but tasty puffs. That's why there will never be a yield weight for big Bangi. The whole plant was stripped of fan leaves, washed, drip dried for a few hours, stripped off the stems, stuffed into seal-a-meal bags and frozen for later extraction. I have a couple of ounces of buds dried and curing from little Bangi and that's plenty.

A couple of last day big bangi pictures. It faded pretty badly at the end but is a true water only plant.

IMG_267814.JPG

IMG_267918.JPG

IMG_268112.JPG

IMG_268213.JPG

It faded pretty badly at the end but is a true water only plant.

Still - It looks great! You reached my holy grail. :adore:

Back
Top Bottom