Phantom’s RDWC Cherry Cookies Grow Journal

I hear you, in 2 months I should have good clone stock from these mothers to choose from. I will do a run of 12 clones per the strain I select, since that’s how many I can start in my hydro cloner, of the 12 I’ll pick 4 of the best/identical sized ones for the grow totes.
Beautiful!.. sounds like a plan Stan.. I still like soil and am new to it so think I'll plant up a bushy ground hugger I'm really proud of and a tall specimen.. The other two I'll use for my first hydro..

It’s fun and I enjoy it now that things are running smoothly. A few hours 1 day a week for a water change, easy. Check it once or twice a day with the meter, mostly out of boredom, simple. Things happen quick but not fast. I think some people get turned off to hydroponics in general because some, like dwc, you almost have to be mixing and adding water daily. Hydro like me or Hunter or all the other styles of hydro I think have it a lot easier. Most of us are just mixing and doing a walkthrough once a week for just a few hours. All the other days of the week is just doing a quick check in.

It’s fun and I enjoy it now that things are running smoothly. A few hours 1 day a week for a water change, easy. Check it once or twice a day with the meter, mostly out of boredom, simple. Things happen quick but not fast. I think some people get turned off to hydroponics in general because some, like dwc, you almost have to be mixing and adding water daily. Hydro like me or Hunter or all the other styles of hydro I think have it a lot easier. Most of us are just mixing and doing a walkthrough once a week for just a few hours. All the other days of the week is just doing a quick check in.
I take genuine joy in your accomplishments and feel that part of everything going well in your world right now.. That joy transfers over to us.. I'm also loving the fact that you are rubbing off on me making me challenge myself in all these areas.. This little group that gathered to watch your grows is awesome and I have a lot of fun stopping in and chatting it up with you and others... It is a sort of karma because you put yourself into it and it flows out onto us. The thing that I feel is once you germinate a seed that you are responsible to give it its best life.. I never see any neglect from you as a caretaker infact you go above and beyond, respecting life which reflects in your growing.

Side Note: I think allot of us here are new to these types of various hydro-DWC and we're working on efficiency no hassle systems within our own budgets and all learning from each other. We're not jaded or burned out yet or conditioned to have zero feelings for plants that are not responding. I'm one of those people that own my mistakes, admit to them and grow from them.. I don't want to just cull and move on sweeping it under the rug running my grows as a hard line business. I'm growing because I love these plants and they bring out nurturing qualities in me that Im not afraid to show.. I admit that I'll be a little sad once this grow finishes but I'll also remember the trials tribulation and joy these plants gave me when I'm smoking the fruits of my labor..

About clones-cloning
I remember back to test tube babies and cloned sheep experiments. Observation wise that they looked nothing like their parents. The sheep clones had different patch patterns not matching the donor.. I took cuttings from 2 separate donor mothers. One was a real tall skinny plant with not much veg on it. It's only recently that its filled out looking like a ravishing beauty.. The other donor was a thick bushy MF'er.. Out of the 3 seeds that germinated two were these
bushy specimens and the other looked nothing like those two.. I was thinking this tall lanky plant genetically fell back to an earlier cross the seed co. used to hybridize this species.... So the thing is, I'm totally not expecting these clones to emulate the parent stock at all. They are blank canvases and will develop based on the LED light and Nutes but will carry the same genetic markers from the previous plants they were clipped from.

About clones-cloning
I remember back to test tube babies and cloned sheep experiments. Observation wise that they looked nothing like their parents. The sheep clones had different patch patterns not matching the donor.. I took cuttings from 2 separate donor mothers. One was a real tall skinny plant with not much veg on it. It's only recently that its filled out looking like a ravishing beauty.. The other donor was a thick bushy MF'er.. Out of the 3 seeds that germinated two were these
bushy specimens and the other looked nothing like those two.. I was thinking this tall lanky plant genetically fell back to an earlier cross the seed co. used to hybridize this species.... So the thing is, I'm totally not expecting these clones to emulate the parent stock at all. They are blank canvases and will develop based on the LED light and Nutes but will carry the same genetic markers from the previous plants they were clipped from.
You just blew my mind :lot-o-toke:

Told you I chopped the shyte out of it.
7392B693-7207-4EFC-BA1E-0B9D437ECEBA.jpeg

Plants on the left are the ones I didn’t take as much off of compared to the right. A little this a little that, kept on all the fan leaves I could.

They are also hungry,
pH 5.8 - static
EC 1.78 - falling
Water Level - falling
:morenutes: Up to 4.25 gr/gal we went.

Told you I chopped the shyte out of it.
7392B693-7207-4EFC-BA1E-0B9D437ECEBA.jpeg

Plants on the left are the ones I didn’t take as much off of compared to the right. A little this a little that, kept on all the fan leaves I could.

They are also hungry,
pH 5.8 - static
EC 1.78 - falling
Water Level - falling
:morenutes: Up to 4.25 gr/gal we went.
I like the ratio of solar collecting leaves to bud formations on each plant.. nice balance..

I was really high while doing it with the radio on :bong:
I highly suggest buying a spare (6th in my case) tote. It comes in handy to keep tools, nutes, mixing sticks, garden hose, etc. in. Plus when doing things like trimming, you can take the plant out of the tent and use the spare tote to set the lid wherever you want to work.

I highly suggest buying a spare (6th in my case) tote. It comes in handy to keep tools, nutes, mixing sticks, garden hose, etc. in.

Totes are the best thing ever. I have at least 10-15 of the sterlite 18gallon ones full of growing stuff. I actually keep my nutes in one as well to keep them organized. I have 30+ more totes with other hobbies/storage stuff.

Nice defoliation! Im with Anthony, good fans vs tops ratio!

I like the ratio of solar collecting leaves to bud formations on each plant.. nice balance..
By chopping the shit out of it, The theory is the plants wont waste time and energy supporting the trash foliage and focus energy to those bud formations. I can see a nice growth spurt happening as a result..

You guys know me too well. Plants are looking good all around over there!

I think I finally got rid of all of the remnants of my last grow so the trash was probably a little funky this morning.

Hopefully, I can get my tent half as clean as yours and move the ladies over today.

Happy friday!!!

You guys know me too well. Plants are looking good all around over there!

I think I finally got rid of all of the remnants of my last grow so the trash was probably a little funky this morning.

Hopefully, I can get my tent half as clean as yours and move the ladies over today.

Happy friday!!!
It's all good, nothing wrong with a little stank :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom