Phantom’s RDWC Cherry Cookies Grow Journal

massive root system for sure. I think you did very well. did you also mention that this was ur first attempt if im not mistaking? never the less i agree with stltoad. Your going to rock the next one!!
Funny enough i have a sample buttole of cal/mag from AN
just gotta get some silica for when things get ready

does anyone know if you ahve to use part a+b in order to use cal/mag from AN?

massive root system for sure. I think you did very well. did you also mention that this was ur first attempt if im not mistaking? never the less i agree with stltoad. Your going to rock the next one!!
Funny enough i have a sample buttole of cal/mag from AN
just gotta get some silica for when things get ready

Yup first run indoors, not including starting seedlings from when I grew outdoors a decade ago, and first time doing hydroponics.

If anyone has experience with rapid rooters or similar with cloning let me know your opinion. If you have a better method on cloning for soil/soilless media I want to hear it. I need to improve my method a bit. I would like to clone a few dozen or so in order to cherry pick a few what is the best method?

Yup first run indoors, not including starting seedlings from when I grew outdoors a decade ago, and first time doing hydroponics.

If anyone has experience with rapid rooters or similar with cloning let me know your opinion. If you have a better method on cloning for soil/soilless media I want to hear it. I need to improve my method a bit. I would like to clone a few dozen or so in order to cherry pick a few what is the best method?
Rapid Rooters work great. I used them once for cloning with success, I have a cloning machine now, so I go that route. Rooters are cool because they hold a good amount of liquid... clonex/water is my secret recipe... don't tell anyone.

I have a 12 spot hydro cloner I really like but I don't have any luck getting them to take in soil. Until now I've just been sticking the clones into some Sunshine Mix and misting them for soil plants. I want to do a few soil plants in one of my tents this fall. I'll actually probably start there while I tweak a few things with my hydro setup.

FYI this trimming shit isn't for me. I'm 4 branches in and I'm about ready to turn it all into hash. Haha

I have a 12 spot hydro cloner I really like but I don't have any luck getting them to take in soil. Until now I've just been sticking the clones into some Sunshine Mix and misting them for soil plants. I want to do a few soil plants in one of my tents this fall. I'll actually probably start there while I tweak a few things with my hydro setup.

FYI this trimming shit isn't for me. I'm 4 branches in and I'm about ready to turn it all into hash. Haha
Rapid rooters are killer in soil too... sounds funny. Was your soil wet when you added the new clone?

Maybe the soil wS too "hot" . It wouldn't make it bad soil, just not for babies. If you do it all again and use the same make a larger hole than needed and line it with the cheapest potting soil you can find. It can't be fortified at all. This will give the plant time to get used to the old soil.

Yeah, trimming can suck a dick

Bro, Light up a joint or two and trim the suckers :rofl: :rofl:

Was your soil wet when you added the new clone?
The second set of clones where I had my first lost, yes the soil got to wet and 1 clone never rooted. This third set of clones I'm fairly certain the same thing happened. I only used the Sunshine mix which is basically Promix, I only give them a shot of a few cc's of some kelp supplement to help root them, never watered and only mist to keep them from wilting. I will give the Rapid Rooters a try this next round. Not that the Sunshine mix wasn't working, I was 12 for 14 on clones.
Bro, Light up a joint or two and trim the suckers :rofl: :rofl:
Taking a break right now to do just that.

The second set of clones where I had my first lost, yes the soil got to wet and 1 clone never rooted. This third set of clones I'm fairly certain the same thing happened. I only used the Sunshine mix which is basically Promix, I only give them a shot of a few cc's of some kelp supplement to help root them, never watered and only mist to keep them from wilting. I will give the Rapid Rooters a try this next round. Not that the Sunshine mix wasn't working, I was 12 for 14 on clones.

Taking a break right now to do just that.
Gotcha

The second set of clones where I had my first lost, yes the soil got to wet and 1 clone never rooted.

don't put them in soil until you have roots. try that method, works everytime for me
i also skin the area of the branch that i put into wool cube.

Just got everything trimmed up and into the fridge for the low and slow dry.
20200825_233755.jpg

That's half the haul. Had some buds that smelled like a mix of red and pink Starburst and some that smelled like a mix of skunk and diesel. I like the slow dry in the fridge because there's zero humidity in the air here so unless I bought a humidifier, hanging the buds anywhere else would dry them out in 24 hrs or less.

So far I have a 100% clone success by using rockwool and great white powder then into a bag or humidity dome if more then one. It was actually so simple I was shocked. Always such nice colas in here

That's half the haul. Had some buds that smelled like a mix of red and pink Starburst and some that smelled like a mix of skunk and diesel. I like the slow dry in the fridge because there's zero humidity in the air here so unless I bought a humidifier, hanging the buds anywhere else would dry them out in 24 hrs or less.
i keep my bud in the fridge regardless of humidity. keeps them fresh :morenutes:

I use vermiculite for cloning it had no nutes and holds moisture very well. I have a high success rate with it for over 30 years. Also it's cheap readily available and it works.

Yep. And if the store is out, the jiffy seed starter stuff (bag) works alright too.

I’ve used jiffy pellets too, but with a wicking mat to control moisture levels.

Find what works for you, that can be repeated time and time again. Once you got it, you got it.

I was almost going to take some Sunshine mix in a seed insert for a 1020 garden tray (have plenty of those laying around) until I wasn't hitting 100%.

I think for this first go I will do the Rapid Rooters, making sure not to water log them, just to get a good set of clones. I can practice with other cheaper methods later on.

I was almost going to take some Sunshine mix in a seed insert for a 1020 garden tray (have plenty of those laying around) until I wasn't hitting 100%.

I think for this first go I will do the Rapid Rooters, making sure not to water log them, just to get a good set of clones. I can practice with other cheaper methods later on.
Water logging isn't so much an issue with Rooters. As long as they arent sitting in water you're usually good.

Nice work on the recent harvest. Looks nice and green and tasty :headbanger:

Our clone process is real simple. Small rockwool cubes soaked in Ph'd water with a little clonex solution in it. i soak our cuttings in the same bowl while i'm taking them. Then 45* cut, scrape, split and into the cubes they go. no gel or powder. Then the cubes sit in a standard tray/dome and we keep the water just high enough in the tray to fill the channels and barely touch the bottom of the cubes. 100% success, every time. No heat pad either. Every time we use a heat pad, we get mold.

Back
Top Bottom