Pigeons420's Re-Veg/Re-Generation of The Hog

The best thing to do if you cant decide is to purchase one. Once you see that your HPS grows better you can always sell the LED! I have WASTED over $3000+ in this hobby and wouldn't change anything because its valuable learning process.

Steviodaddio , lol you use your 24/0 and ill use my 18/6 and grow bigger plants per wattage.. Im just trying to give you some information so you can do the test yourself. I've already experienced it and know what works. Goood job on your research! I think you should do a little more if you dont think any of those things i listed matter. :laughtwo: Myself I dont believe anything until I try it I only take advice and get ideas on things to try next. Good luck mate. Your plants look good by the way!!

The best thing to do if you cant decide is to purchase one. Once you see that your HPS grows better you can always sell the LED! I have WASTED over $3000+ in this hobby and wouldn't change anything because its valuable learning process.

Steviodaddio , lol you use your 24/0 and ill use my 18/6 and grow bigger plants per wattage.. Im just trying to give you some information so you can do the test yourself. I've already experienced it and know what works. Goood job on your research! I think you should do a little more if you dont think any of those things i listed matter. :laughtwo: Myself I dont believe anything until I try it I only take advice and get ideas on things to try next. Good luck mate. Your plants look good by the way!!

It seems that money is just something that can be thrown away in so many areas of this hobby. :laughtwo:

I didn't say they didn't matter though, but general research of it all mention the flower of the plant and not the vegetative state. What I do works and I haven't had issues with 24/0 along with many others, including some of the big timers. I always appreciate hearing new scenarios and stories of tests people have done on their own. I just didn't like the way you think you're ultimately right and don't ever put up your own test results. I'm about to start this other grow in the next few weeks and I'll split my rooms at 18/6 and 24/0, I'll be the judge of that with my setup since it's quiet different from yours and we have different goals. I can't say you will outgrow me in grams/watt yet since I haven't cropped any under this setup yet. Even if it doesn't match I can't say I'm upset with what I've accomplished thus far. I had a ton of problems this grow, too much to go into on Pige's page. It's laughable actually, but my brother helped me out a lot (while also bringing problems) so I'm lucky to even be cropping what I am soon. But thanks. Pictures don't do them justice and haven't felt the need to borrow my parent's DSLR to take high quality photos to actually see the detailed changes. iPhone's can only take you so far, lol.

That's what I did and when my led beat my higher wattage hps I sold them :cool:

maybe like he said buy one and try it's only $350 or so delivered...

One thing I will say about your grows though are that you have a nice even canopy. Someone without such perfection probably wouldn't have the same luck as a big issue most LEDs have is penetration. I only have my 350w under a big plant that wasn't trained that well and it's a big plant, have bud all over the thing and decently deep but also light from two 1,000 watters on both side so that may be aiding in the side growth. Pige would probably have good luck because of how he's trained this one.

Anyways, things are looking good Pige. That autoflower is freakingrediculous :laughtwo:

Yes getting even canopy is key I believe, check out the adjustable shelves in my new cabinet :cool:
Also the girls get heavy HST until bloom then a little more HST for first two weeks of bloom to keep them flat. The only one that is lower right now is critical kush as she is unhappy with too much light causing tip bleaching and canoeing of top leaves

Also just measured my Chocolope they are only 14" tall and likely will be over 6 oz each :cool:
Disclaimer: I measure weight at 62% cured. All bottom buds size of popcorn or smaller go to hash, bigger than that go to bud weight. Each 1" long lower bud makes a nice fat joint And they are sparkly and strong and tasty too.

Happy Friday friends!

Hope everyone's work week was pleasant. I'm super excited with how well my girl is blossoming. Bud sites look promising. And she doesn't stop growing!

Today is the second day of week 2 of the flip. She's coming along nicely. I'm noticing that some parts of her are getting better light and therefore growing more vigorously. I decided to turn her around 180 degrees to allow for some more light penetration.

Thanks for joining me on my journey :love::Namaste:

image24213.jpg
image24359.jpg
image24360.jpg
image24361.jpg

Thanks Holmes! I'm jumping for joy like a 10 year old! I love watching this happen! In my own garden! I've watched a few people do some amazing things with the SCROG and I can only hope to recreate those dream girls!

I've already noticed though, that she smells different this time around then she did the last time. She was very potent and didn't smell to pleasant. This time she's very perfume-like and a little more sudtle.

Nah no clone on this one. I'll have enough of her herb kicking around the house after this that I'll need something new. I still have 3-4 ounces left of her. So, after this harvest I'll probably have a half pound or so of some greatness. That's enough for me. Haha

But between you and I. I popped a seed a few days ago and she's been above ground for 2 days. :) Mataro Blue. This will be my experiment in terms of teaching myself cloning and such. This girl will stay in veg for a long time.

Oh Pigeons, she is breathtaking! The gift that keeps on giving, eh? :laughtwo:

That was a most interesting discussion on lighting. Thank you gentlemen for helping me learn a bit more about lighting technology. My experience with LED has been tight nodes, healthy plant development and early onset of trichome production. I'm supplementing with CFLs now (of course), which probably has some significance here.

Sorry I've been so absent here Pigeons. I won't be so remiss again. :love:

Thanks for popping in Sue! You're presents is always treasured around here :)

I learned a little about the discussion as well. I learned that I'm not going say that one light is better then the next. It's clear that both lights work great in the right hands. So, to keep with what I already know I'm going to keep the HPS system and further prefect it.

And I know you're a busy member around here. I know I can't hog you all to myself :)

Yeah, I'm glad that the inevitable LED/HID discussion didn't get too heated (thanks for that guys), and there was some good information posted, and I learned something, I think.
I would be a bit worried if everyone was saying the LEDs are far better, because I do not feel at all like switching. But maybe five years down the road this is exactly what will be happening. It looks like it will take way longer than that for me to learn how to get the most out of what I'm using already, anyway.
How many weeks of flowering did the hog take last time, Pigeons?

Yes! I suppose I was being sarcastic- though in a lighthearted sort of way. That is a loooong one to flower a plant. Let's hope this time goes more smoothly. You must feel quite attached to her by now.
I have a couple plants revegging now too- a pineapple chunk which was by far the best one of the three I planted , and a Thai sativa. I'm amazed how quickly they have reverted from rather sad looking harvested remnants, to happily growing leafy plants again. It makes me wonder if this ever happens in nature, since they are so capable of this. Perhaps some of the sativas in warm countries- if they finish blooming at the right time of year, may limp along for awhile and decide to reveg? I don't know, it never occurred to me to wonder this before. Probably easily sorted out with a little googling.
Goodnight Pigeons!

Morning Cracker!

I am ever so attached to this girl! She's done nothing but great things for me. So, I am thankful!

You know? I wondered if reveg occurred in nature because I started to think if I was messing with her genetics. But I thought, this happens all the time, no? I have a rose bush out from of my house that blossoms beautiful flowers then she dies. But returns next spring and does the same thing again. Is this not reveg? I dunno. Thought about it for a while but never actually researched it. Haha. Stoner

Thanks Cracker!

Well, there are perennial plants which go dormant in winter (at least where I live) and grow year after year like your rose, biennials, which complete in two years, and annuals, like cannabis, which die after a year- generally. Can every annual plant be revegged? I don't know... (Probably not?) Is her stem continuing to thicken all the time I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom