You are all too low. I got more than 9 on the last harvest and this is more. It's not the Price is Right. I won't penalize you for going over. The plan is to get close. Now, remember: those blue buckets are 5 gal buckets. The stems in there were too big for a vase, as they would have pulled it over with the weight of them.
This is a lot of weed.
:Namaste:
I did mean per plant... so I am sticking with my 4.5 per. :)

Results are in. I'm disappointed.
Unfortunately, I didn't go much over last harvest - 9.78 ounces. I'm hoping that some modifications I'm making will assist in getting this number up next time.
However, the buds look and smell wonderful. Right now the buds are in brown paper sacks in the basement fridge. This coming weekend I'll measure the humidity by putting the bud in a CannaVault with a hygrometer, and after four hours will take a reading. If they measure 70 or more, back in the fridge for a few days. Once I get the humidity down to 65, in the CV they go, with a Boveda Pack 62.
Sorry, no pictures yet. I didn't want to jostle them around much while they are still a bit wet.

Meanwhile, in the large tent, the clones are now huge plants that are already coming out of the top of the screen. The humidity is down to 48 (good) and the temp goes from 63 to 82 F. Once the plants take up more space, the temp will go down considerably. One issue I'm noticing with the third light up there is a higher temperature. This is the main reason I'm going to try to put by as much good weed by summer, and then go dark for three months. The electric bill will thank me, and the plants won't be so stressed. It is easier by far to deal with cool temps than with high temps. I have a milkhouse heater that I point at the door to the tent in the winter, to keep the plants from cooling down too much at night. It gets cold in the basement.

I have ordered a trellis that will attach to the poles of the tent and work to hold the plants upright once they get to a certain size. I noticed this past grow that the colas were drooping from the sheer weight of them. If I can get more of the plants exposed to the lights and space them so the plants can breathe, that may help increase the yield. I am not greedy, but it would be nice to get the output at least in the ballpark of where it should be, right?:cool:
It has been more than a year since I last grew this strain, Mazari Grape. It is mostly indica and has thick colas and large leaves. It is only medium in height. I like it because it contains about 5 percent CBD and about 20 or more percent THC. And it is a good tasting indica. I'm really anxious to see how this bunch smokes. I got kind of sick on it one time because I forgot this wasn't 1975, and this wasn't ditch weed. But now my tolerance is up, so all should be good. (Trust me, I'm a real lightweight on everything. If I get drunk, I get sick. If I take a tylenol with codeine, I throw up. I can't take a mild opioid pain killer (2 mg oxycontin) and do any weed. I get really, really sick and have the dry heaves for hours. Cheap date!) This is why I love weed. I get pain relief, depression relief, relaxation and keep a (almost) clear head in the bargain.
:lot-o-toke:
Some other things I'm doing different this time: I am switching to Flora Micro Hard Water formula. I can already see a positive effect on the PH; it is more stable. I have made myself stop getting so anal retentive about PH. When I first fill the reservoir, I adjust it down. But the rest of the time it will move up, and it is OK. It usually stays lower than 6.2. If it goes higher, I'll put a little PH down in it, but I was doing this all wrong before. In order to get the solution to the "correct" ph, I was dosing with PH down, and then if it went too low, I immediately put PH up in it.
It was crazy. So now I just do it that one time and don't fret too much. The plants don't seem to care. And since I'm not fiddling with the numbers, I can use the PH as a guide on how my water is doing. When it starts to go south, I realize it needs a change. And even though I change my reservoir every week, it is nice to know how the water is doing. It is a good gauge of the plant's health.
Well, time to go to bed. LOL. It's 2:30 a.m. I'm a night owl. o_O

Sorry to hear of your disappointment Pink :(. Not sure why you didn't increase as much as you wanted, but every grow is not necessarily going to be better than the last. And at some point you reach the limits of your environment.

Still, an increase is an increase!

63º is more troubling than 82º, but I'm assuming those are air temps and not root temps. Roots in the low 60s and lower slow the plant's development:

Every grow you will get a little better and see that your results have improved in some small way. Keep plugging away at it and soon you will refine your method and very little will surprise you during a grow. You will start to innovate and do this or that a little bit better. Keeping a good journal is key to learning from yourself, and I have oftentimes reminded myself of a thought or something that I should try again, by re-reading my words from years ago. Congrats on the great harvest, even though it disappointed you a little bit!
:goodjob::yahoo::party::woohoo:

Well, the story gets sadder. LOL. I weighed the buds again today and got slightly more than 7 oz. And some are still kinda wet. Sigh. But I think, to be honest, this is about the same I got from the last grow. I weighed it after a week, too. It sure looks the same amount in the CV. I have them in the CV, locked up with the hygrometer, and still in the fridge. In the morning (well, what I call morning, LOL), I'll check the humidity and probably let them air out some more before shutting them up in the vault too early.
Probably another week of resting in the fridge.
Oh - today I got a new trellis to put above the scrog. Looks elementary. I'll show it off when I post pictures, maybe tomorrow. I'm having a lot of nerve pain right now, and sitting with a hot pad on my neck and shoulder. Earlier I put some canna oil on my skin there, so this will help it go in. Really helps.
I made some gummy bears with my newest batch of canna oil. Turned out great. I'll be happy to post the recipe if anyone wants it. It was the easiest one I've used. Just calls for canna oil, a small box of jello and a couple packets of gelatin.
Thanks @Emilya and @InTheShed, for commiserating with me. LOL. I don't know why I'm complaining. 7 ounces isn't bad for a tiny tent. When I harvested this last batch, I noticed lots of underdeveloped branches in the back. I'm hoping the new trellis will help alleviate this issue.
I may also drop down to two plants instead of three. I could fill the space with one plant, even. But you know how I hate to kill plants.
I'm toying with quitting smoking again. If I do, then I will probably smoke less weed, but maybe not. To be sure, I'm getting used to eating edibles. They work great for pain. The latest batch of canna oil I made with white widow/big bud trim, and an ounce of trim from a shiskaberry cbd plant I grew last year. I figure it to be about a one sixth part cbd. The Mazari Grape can have up to 1-5 percent CBD. It also has a high 20-24 percent THC content. Of course, I'll never know if my grows have that. But I can say it is strong. Well, good night all.

I think you're putting too much pressure on yourself with the growth goals. There's nothing wrong with consistency either. Maybe a new strain will bring higher yields, maybe two plants, maybe the same strain will get you three more ounces next time. A successful grow can be measured in all sorts of weighs ways ;).

I'm curious about the sealed CV in the fridge? What's the theory behind that?

I think you're putting too much pressure on yourself with the growth goals. There's nothing wrong with consistency either. Maybe a new strain will bring higher yields, maybe two plants, maybe the same strain will get you three more ounces next time. A successful grow can be measured in all sorts of weighs ways ;).

LOL, you think I had a theory? Ha. I just thought it would be good to have it not change temperature too much until I got a firm reading on the humidity level. This morning it was 65, so I brought it upstairs and stashed it. Put two Boveda 62 paks in it.
I will be posting pics in a bit. Just got sat down.

Keep in mind that the meter is reading relative humidity, so that number changes with the temperature. 65% at 40º isn't 65% at 70º in a sealed container.

I'd say take out the Boveda and see where the RH is at room temps, since that's where you'll be storing it now.
Wow. OK, I will do that. I usually check it daily at this stage, anyway.

OK, here's some photos. First, my harvest: I include a photo of the trim and the sacks I used to put the buds into.

And now for the current grow. Also, @InTheShed , the temps I gave you are air temperatures. Although, I usually assume the water temp goes down with the air temp. These are photos showing the grow from Sunday to today.

I've always put too much pressure on myself, like that time I took 21 college hours in one semester and got a 4.0.
But I agree that the consistency is good. Truly, if I could guarantee 7 ounces dry with every grow, I'd be thrilled. I usually harvest every 10 weeks or so, so that amount is fine.
I think we finally reach maximum. I'm not there yet, but I'm trying. I am very jealous of 4x4 tents. Wish I had a space to put one in.

Looks like the start of another terrific grow!

How long did you low and slow in the bags in the fridge? And did you go from the bags to the CV in the fridge? I'm just trying to understand your drying process, since this isn't the first time you've harvested and all...

I think we finally reach maximum.
Maybe, but maybe a different strain would bring you different results!

Looks like the start of another terrific grow!

How long did you low and slow in the bags in the fridge? And did you go from the bags to the CV in the fridge? I'm just trying to understand your drying process, since this isn't the first time you've harvested and all...

Maybe, but maybe a different strain would bring you different results!
I had them in the fridge for 7 days in the buckets. Then I was able to cut them off the stems and place in the bags. I left them in the bags until yesterday. Then I put them in the CV and left them in the fridge. Tomorrow would be 14 days. I don’t want them to dry out too much in the fridge. So I check them carefully. They need to get below 65 percent to begin the cure. In three months they will be perfect. I’ll check the rh tonite. They should be room temp now.
I’m looking for a new strain to try. It is difficult to decide. I want one similar in attributes to what I have. But I also want to experiment. Lol.

The RH at room temperature was 75. So back in the fridge with the open CV. I'll stir it around for day or two and then do another test, probably on Monday. That's OK. I want it slow dried.
Back to a discussion on new strains: I am trying to stay with short plants. And I want photoperiod plants. The other wish is to have a high THC and medium or high CBD. My daughter has seizures, and the medicine helps her. She needs both THC and CBD. Until recently, she was not interested in the plants - now she wants edibles.

Until recently, she was not interested in the plants - now she wants edibles.
What happened was, we went to Vegas and she went to a dispensary and got some edibles in cute little containers. LOL. Now she has me making edibles for her. No cute containers, though.

I make this recommendation everywhere the CBD subject comes up so I'll make it here: Candida from Medical Marijuana Group. It is 15-20% CBD and under 1% THC, and it's a stable strain many generations deep. Many of the high CBD strains out there are new and unstable, giving a wide range of CBD results. Candida is tested and many growers here swear by it.

The other advantage to a straight CBD strain is being able to blend the CBD/THC ratio that works best, through titration. You might find a 2:1 strain that works great for a few weeks but starts to tail off, and then you want to try 3:1 or 1:3 and you're stuck. With a straight CBD strain you can blend your own ratios using a spreadsheet that Oldbear created (let me know if you're interested and I can PM you the link along with the instructions I wrote up).

One more thing I'd like to add: if this is purely medicinal for your daughter, capsules are much easier to make than edibles, and dosing is much more accurate. Not as much fun to take though!

Back
Top Bottom