Update time!
Yesterday we emptied, cleaned and refilled the large tent reservoir. Later this week I will do the same for the small tent.
We are just now beginning the fourth week of flower, and I'm amazed at the results. Plants are looking good, with meaty-looking buds and colas. Mazari Grape doesn't have a strong odor while growing. I love that. White Widow X Big Bud are very stinky, and so much so the charcoal filter has a hard time doing the job. I love the strain, though and will grow again. I'm excited about this current crop, because the first time I grew this I screwed up and it revegged, so I've never really seen it do its stuff the correct way. Here's some pics:

Update time!
Yesterday we emptied, cleaned and refilled the large tent reservoir. Later this week I will do the same for the small tent.
We are just now beginning the fourth week of flower, and I'm amazed at the results. Plants are looking good, with meaty-looking buds and colas. Mazari Grape doesn't have a strong odor while growing. I love that. White Widow X Big Bud are very stinky, and so much so the charcoal filter has a hard time doing the job. I love the strain, though and will grow again. I'm excited about this current crop, because the first time I grew this I screwed up and it revegged, so I've never really seen it do its stuff the correct way. Here's some pics:

Purdy.

An observation:
Growers probably have to enjoy the experience or they wouldn't do it. I'm going to be gone for five days next week - it's my birthday and my youngest daughter and I are going to Vegas. Without husband and Dad. He has to work. So he will have the chores of taking care of seven animals - three cats and four dogs - including emptying the cat boxes, which I do every day. LOL I told him just do it every two or three days, if you can stand it.
So, on top of the animals and the house, he has to take care of the plants. All of them, even the ones that are houseplants. We went over it yesterday, but I know I will have to go over it again before I leave.
So I got to thinking about the work involved and realized that I love doing it. Him, not so much. But he doesn't use it. I, alone, do.
He's a busy man, owns his own business, and has meetings all week long at night, plus clients he sees on weekends, etc. But he is up to the task. LOL.
Every time I open the tents, I marvel at what is going on there. I lovingly look at each sprout, each branch, each bud.
The plants are in bloom in the large tent, so the upkeep won't be difficult. The clones in the other tent, almost take care of themselves. I've got them turned down again on 10 percent light. When I come back from Vegas I will cull out three, leaving three.

And I've got a question: should I up pot the clones into net pots and let them sit in the DWC until I can put them in the big tent? Can I? I'd have to rig a trash bag over the reservoir and around the pots, but I think I can do that. @Emilya , @Weaselcracker, @InTheShed , @Alafornia ??? Anyone?

Thanks for reading.

An observation:
Growers probably have to enjoy the experience or they wouldn't do it. I'm going to be gone for five days next week - it's my birthday and my youngest daughter and I are going to Vegas. Without husband and Dad. He has to work. So he will have the chores of taking care of seven animals - three cats and four dogs - including emptying the cat boxes, which I do every day. LOL I told him just do it every two or three days, if you can stand it.
So, on top of the animals and the house, he has to take care of the plants. All of them, even the ones that are houseplants. We went over it yesterday, but I know I will have to go over it again before I leave.
So I got to thinking about the work involved and realized that I love doing it. Him, not so much. But he doesn't use it. I, alone, do.
He's a busy man, owns his own business, and has meetings all week long at night, plus clients he sees on weekends, etc. But he is up to the task. LOL.
Every time I open the tents, I marvel at what is going on there. I lovingly look at each sprout, each branch, each bud.
The plants are in bloom in the large tent, so the upkeep won't be difficult. The clones in the other tent, almost take care of themselves. I've got them turned down again on 10 percent light. When I come back from Vegas I will cull out three, leaving three.

And I've got a question: should I up pot the clones into net pots and let them sit in the DWC until I can put them in the big tent? Can I? I'd have to rig a trash bag over the reservoir and around the pots, but I think I can do that. @Emilya , @Weaselcracker, @InTheShed , @Alafornia ??? Anyone?

Thanks for reading.
If they are fine where they are at for the 5 days, i would do that rather than introduce something new into the mix. Sounds like hubby can handle it though, no matter which way you go. Have a great time!

If they are fine where they are at for the 5 days, i would do that rather than introduce something new into the mix. Sounds like hubby can handle it though, no matter which way you go. Have a great time!
I was planning to up pot them after I get home. I’m concerned about the dying before I can get them into the big tent, like my aborted seed grow.

I'm with Emilya. I've seen happy plants with roots so thick they block the pipes in DWC, so I think 5 days of waiting should be fine.
Ok. I will revisit the whole thing afterwards. We are coming home on Friday the thirteenth. Yikes!

Friday Night Report
The flowering tent is full. And even though it is crowded, the small defoliation I did last week helped. I left the fan leaves alone and just opened it up underneath the scrog screen. I am amazed by the number of large colas and branches loaded down with sugar. This grow is promising to have a huge yield. Wow.
Oh, and the clones are doing very well. I'll try to update this again on Sunday. I will be out of town for five days starting Monday.

Update on Grow
Saturday morning we changed the res and cleaned it in both tents. The plants in the big tent have filled out considerably in one week. Stretch is over, but the buds are getting fat. And very, very sticky. Mmmmm. LOL. Two weeks at least until they are ready to be harvested, and maybe three. My wonderful DH took very good care while his daughter and I played in Vegas. I'm going to write a trip report and will put it in the grower's lounge.
In the clone tent, all is well. The 10 percent light is good for keeping the plants short. But I need to slowly acclimate them to more light and prepare them for transplant. In one week, I will discard three of them (!) and transplant them to net pots, and let them sit in the DWC to develop roots. And I will up the lights.

Sounds like a fun trip and the plants look well taken care of :). Getting bigger and fatter with every grow. I'd start bumping the light 10%/week now to get them ready to move in a month.
Thanks, Shed! I'm really happy with this grow.
Here's a link to my trip report: Trip Report

Happy Autumnal Equinox and a shout out to all pagans out there! Blessed Be.

Update on Grow:
A few days ago I finally killed three of my clones. I chose the smallest ones with the least growth and potential, but it still hurt. I added their carcasses to the funeral pyre of clippings and dead things that will go up in smoke the first cold day, in the fireplace behind the doors. So nobody knows, lol. I imagine if I told anyone about the flames, they'd all go stand downwind, like the deputies do when the seized marijuana is burned in the dumpster fire behind the SO.

The three remaining clones have taken advantage of the space, and are monsters. I've upped the nutrients accordingly, and they are using a half gallon a day of water, which is 10 percent of the reservoir. I have been upping the lights, which are now at 40 percent. Tomorrow they go up further. I want to have them tolerating 100 percent of light by the time they are transplanted. Last time I had some shock from the lights. Not this time, please! And, transplant day is coming. I'm not sure when, but look in the big tent:

The flowering tent is finishing well. Today when I changed the reservoirs and cleaned everything, I noticed much less rusty looking water in the bottom. I changed the nutrients to the "ripen" suggested formula for GH. Also changed to dry Koolbloom. In six hours after the change, the reservoir was down a gallon. So the plants are drinking more than a gallon of water a day. Very healthy. Leaves further down on the plant are starting to wither, while everything up top is swelling and growing and fattening up. I think I have about 10 days left on this grow. That will be a week and a half earlier than the suggested time. But I include some micro pix of the trichs, below. This is going to be an impressive haul. I am loath to venture how much I will harvest, but from the looks of the colas (two are bigger around than my upper arm) and the buds encrusting all possible space, I'm hoping for a record weight (for me and my grows, lol, no Ripley's here, LOL).

Everything looks perfect in those tents Pink. :welldone:
Thanks! I do have a question though. Do you know what could make the leaves on one of the plants lose their pigment? The leaves are normal but for that.

Back
Top Bottom