PotChimp's Side Projects

Me either.
Two clones from the Apollo 13 f2 plant I've been keeping:

Two Apollo 13 f2 plants from seed (I'm revegging the second one):

I top dressed this Nevil's Haze with chicken $hit today. It's yellowing up too soon:

I've got four or five of these Mendocino Purple Kush clones going. They're about three feet tall and pretty thick :thumb:

Eva Seeds - Monster:

Two Jack the Ripper x Grand Daddy Purple plants:

I've got a female Cannabis Afghanica plant (Med-Man Seeds) right under that Apollo 13 f2 male in the background. It does the same thing; goes into full bloom under 18/6 (a female GDP S1 x GDP f3 I'm using in another breeding project does too). I've been wondering if they have Ruderalis bred into them or something.

That was the same thought that I had about the apollo F4's I was running. I thought maybe there was some Ruderalis in it, but... none of the females were flowering, only the males which was odd... I even tried turning my lights to 24/0 to see if it would possibly stop the males from showing pollen, but to no avail, they continued to pop pollen sacks. I've been topping them every couple weeks to keep pollen from getting all over until I am ready to flower the project. So far its been working for the most part.

The other thought I had is that it's a side effect of overbreeding. I've seen a lot of funky leaves and branching with plants, especially from seeds I propagate. :( Those two fug dup JTR x GDP plants above are from an unintentional pollination. I've got two messed up 818 Headband x GDP plants from an intentional pollination that don't look any better.

Very pretty there Chimp... you do have a green thumb constantly... Happy healthy bitches..

Branching out from the GDP's? I never did a good grow of her,,, yet? So many Strains............

I go in so many directions it's not funny; GDP seems to be a lot of it. I switched over to chicken $hit for nutes, and it seems to work pretty good.
Dang, the folks on Danger Island think my buttcrack is too dark so they started public imbleachment proceedings :cough: My first highly strategic legal defense didn't work. I thought "It's because they don't like me!" was a very mature and factual approach, however the grown ups didn't like it. I think my best bet would be to use the Saddam defense! :idea:
"I'm the leader of this country! This is an outrage and I refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of this court and these hearings! It's a hoax!"

The other thought I had is that it's a side effect of overbreeding. I've seen a lot of funky leaves and branching with plants, especially from seeds I propagate. :( Those two fug dup JTR x GDP plants above are from an unintentional pollination. I've got two messed up 818 Headband x GDP plants from an intentional pollination that don't look any better.
Hey Potchimp...

Do your Apollo 13's have some weird "sap" or like white crusty crystals on the stems at all? Just curious as all of mine have these little white/offwhite teardrop shaped hard objects on the stems. Ive never seen it before. I was just curious if yours are doing that too. Above each little white "crystal" it looks like a slight stem discoloration almost like a bruise on fruit... I think its genetic but just wanted to see if your Apollo's are doing that as well.

I looked at all of them this morning. I don't see it on the stems anywhere. I've never seen it on plants either.
I got these Apollo 13 f2 seeds from a website called SeeeeedBay a few years ago (before they got busted). The ad said a breeder named Soma was gifted them from another highly respected breeder, but didn't say much more than that. We might not have the same cut.

Ak47 (I cut all the nugs off of the main cola to fit it in the jar):

I think the reason that this X-Mas Bud plant has rock hard nugs is the chicken $hit I used as nutes. It's genetics mostly, but this grow was better than the last:

I trimmed the main cola of that plant up good; it's a X-mas present to my favorite chimp. Me! :battingeyelashes:

PotChimp's Unofficial Smoke Report - X-Mas Bud (formerly Pine Tar Kush) - Pine smell and taste all the way through. I guess I'd use the old one-to-ten scale and give it maybe a 6.5; possibly 7 as far as the buzz goes. I've smoked it in the morning before I was high from anything else and I've smoked it after smoking all day. It still gets me high even though I'm high already :lot-o-toke: Those ones usually make the cut here on Danger Island.
Even the last grow of that Chocolope I've been smoking on has me wanting to keep it.....

I looked at all of them this morning. I don't see it on the stems anywhere. I've never seen it on plants either.
I got these Apollo 13 f2 seeds from a website called SeeeeedBay a few years ago (before they got busted). The ad said a breeder named Soma was gifted them from another highly respected breeder, but didn't say much more than that. We might not have the same cut.

Thanks for checking Potchimp, much appreciation! Yea mine are "leaking" it looks like... I got my seeds which are F4's from a well known breeders private seed collection, but they came to me unlabeled. I asked him where he got them and he told me they were from MotaRebel who actually didn't breed the F4s. I spoke with Motarebel and he told me they were bread by his partner in Colorado "Mendel". I will have to reach out to Mendel to see if he has seen this before.. I guess originally Apollo 13 was bread by Brothers Grim, and legend has it that only 500 seeds were ever released from the original stock. Its very possible that from there the lineage has split quite a bit between breeders. Mine do look a lot like yours in the leaf structure. I hope mine are as frosty too :) Its the 1st time I've ever seen it and probably have run at least 30 or 40 strains now in my times... very odd. **if you want to see what it looks like on mine, feel free to come over to my journal. I have 3 close up pics on one of my most recent posts.

Anyways I have to say the photos of your Apollo 13s have me super excited about this strain. They look absolutely phenomenal! Thanks for your input on this! Its nice to be able to compare notes.

Those names are sounding familiar from that same website. Maybe these seeds come from the same stock. Here's a clone of the Apollo 13 f2 I've been keeping and used as a mother for a one-time pollination:

This Apollo 13 f2 father was the one I was talking about that did the same thing; grew full sized flowers under 18/6 lighting:

The Headbanger f2s I'm doing now are from that same website; so is this Cannabis Afghanica I pollinated with that father above (MedMan Seeds):

They all look Great nice and frosty. That Nevil Haze Dam it is looking good. It flowers for a while, interested in a smoke report. I was looking at some NH seeds on seedsman I would Love to grow one.

This Nevil's Haze is from Mr Nice. I've smoked it before (it's a reveg) and it's my #1 keeper right now. The high is all head and it's closest to the description trippy that I've smoked yet. On the down side, It goes quick..... :lot-o-toke:
Chocolope (I just chopped one of these a few days ago):

Three Headbanger f2s:

Raspberry Cough:

Three Mendocino Purple Kush plants:

Back
Top Bottom