Putting On The Brix With Seedsman Genetics: Seedsman Sponsored Journal

Yes tea comes with the kit. Should be a smaller bottle if you got the regular kit not bulk. So they're gonna be on different water/feed schedules. I might suggest top watering until they're on the same schedule which may never happen.

Wet dry cycle is very important for strong root systems. You want each pot to dry completely. When you lift the pot, it should feel like the pot is filled with feathers. Some can tell by the lowest pair of leaves start to droop, me I go by weight of pots.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions, tag me to get my attention like you just did.

I'd suggest asking in advance of feeds, say your gonna feed that 3 weeker, tell us your plan, 7.5ml of transplant drench (TP) with 1.5ml of tea in 1/2 gallon of water for top watering.

Okay, I will try to do that @weenmeoff and tag you, but I usually don't have a plan cause I have no idea what I'm doing with this first time. However, I'm taking notes with LG's notes she made for me. I do realize you just gave me the next step so I'm covered. Looks like I have some studying to do, thanks for steering me in the right direction. :) Appreciate the effort.

Yes but I'd encourage you to look at dunking, I really like doing it. Here is the video, Watering — DOC BUD's HIGH BRIX BLEND

How many plants are you feeding/watering at once? If you were doing 3, then it would be 1.5 gallons of water with 22.5ml of drench and 3-5ml of tea. That is top watering 3 plants. For the same 3 plants dunking, up it to 2 gallons of water with 30ml of drench and 3-5 ml of tea. You will likely have about 1/2 gallon left over that you will dump. Some add to house plants or cooking soil.
Thanks for stepping in Ween! Awesome! @Lady G2HM , I love dunking! It’s fun!

HAHAHAHAHA everything has to be drop proof or we're gonna get messy fast.
:rofl::rofl: I love you! You make me smile chickie!

Many thanks to you @weenmeoff ! I have been a poor coach so far. :ciao: You're right...after the first grow is completed, you just get it!

Hi Lady! Dunking is the preferred method when plants are ln the 1s but you don't have to. 1 gallon seems like a lot for a 1, if it takes all then that's how much to give them but it think about 1/2 gallon would be enough whwn top feeding. Duggan always does that and it works well for him. He does 15ml of drench per gallon of water every single time, so that's easy to remember. That is top feeding.

For dunking you can use that that 15ml per gallon too. I can go into more depth about the dunk but am gonna try to find docs video for you.
Now I was doing dunking for my 1 gallons...but for my 10 gallons Doc advised 1-1/2 gallons for top feeding drenches. Good to know for the 1 gallons!

Are you saying good to know for the Duggan calculation method? You could use it on the 10s too. That would measure out to 22.5ml of drench in your 1.5 gal of water. Personally, I do 2ml of drench per gal of SOIL, so that would be 20ml, pretty darn close!

Measurements don't need to be exact but stronger is better than weaker! Doc and others don't even measure, they pour based on what the sound of the plop sounds like and what the mixture looks like and maybe even the smell, ha! Not me, I have 10ml and 3ml syringes.

Let's talk brix and schedule. 1st brix comes once there are at least 5 nodes, about 3-4 weeks in. You mix Brix at 1ml per 1oz of water and that is more than enough for the 1 plant that will need it first, probably even enough for the other 2 when they're ready. Excess will get dumped. Spray at about an hour after lights on as the stomata will be opened, or some spray right before lights out. You want to spray a fine mist on the underside of the leaves. Don't overdo the brix as it can burn your roots. Don't worry if a little gets on top of the leaves, just don't intentionally spray them.

Abbreviations: TP = transplant drench GE = Growth Ionic Drench (used to be called Growth Energy) RO = Reverse Osmosis water (I use fresh mountain spring water, some use well water and some even use tap water but they leave out for 24-48 hours to let chlorine evaporate but this is not recommended. When unable to get to the spring, I've gone to that mega Mart store and purchased RO for 37 cents per gallon) and cat = Cationic Root drench

Schedule for most part alternates drenches with RO in between so TP>RO>GE>RO>TP>RO etc.....exceptions are when it gets to where they're drinking every day or 2 in the 1 gallon pots then you can double and even triple the drenches NOT in strength but in frequency i.e. TP>TP>RO>GE>GE etc...

I hope this all makes sense! Know we are here to help!

:passitleft:

Are you saying good to know for the Duggan calculation method? You could use it on the 10s too. That would measure out to 22.5ml of drench in your 1.5 gal of water. Personally, I do 2ml of drench per gal of SOIL, so that would be 20ml, pretty darn close!

Measurements don't need to be exact but stronger is better than weaker! Doc and others don't even measure, they pour based on what the sound of the plop sounds like and what the mixture looks like and maybe even the smell, ha! Not me, I have 10ml and 3ml syringes.

Let's talk brix and schedule. 1st brix comes once there are at least 5 nodes, about 3-4 weeks in. You mix Brix at 1ml per 1oz of water and that is more than enough for the 1 plant that will need it first, probably even enough for the other 2 when they're ready. Spray at about an hour after lights on as the stomata will be opened, or some spray right before lights out. You want to spray a fine mist on the underside of the leaves. Don't overdo the brix as it can burn your roots.

Abbreviations: TP = transplant drench GE = Growth Ionic Drench (used to be called Growth Energy) RO = Reverse Osmosis water (I use fresh mountain spring water, some use well water and some even use tap water but they leave out forv24-48 hours to let chlorine evaporate yet this is not recommended. When unable to get to the spring, I've gone to that mega Mart store and purchase RO for 37 vents per gallon) and cat = Cationic Root drench

Schedule for most part alternates drenches with RO in between so TP>RO>GE>RO>TP>RO etc.....exceptions are when it gets to where they're drinking every day or 2 on the 1 gallon pots then you can double and even triple the drenches NOT in strength but on frequency i.e. TP>TP>RO>GE>GE etc...

I hope this all makes sense! Know we are here to help!

:passitleft:
Thanks Ween! I have not top fed in the 1 gals. It's nice to know they take about 1/2 gal. In the future, hubby could handle that if I am traveling. :)

@Lady G2HM , it can seem confusing at first. Trust me...it will fall into place. I promise!;)
I am creating a tracker for myself so I can remember what I did last and when. I will send it to you, if it helps you, great! if not...Ditch it! :) Even if you don't get the steps 100% down at first, you still can't help but grow fantastic medicine!

@LadyGaea - Yes, please I would appreciate an overview of steps cause I'm totally confused...hahahahaha

Very overwhelming since I have the brain damage hinderance of a grade 4, but we'll figure it out, step by step.

My hubby is not happy about the dunking process so we gotta go out and get a bucket, anything else I'm supposed to have ahead of time?

Hubbub thinks we should not do 3 plants, but just do 2 for starters. What do you think, keep it simple stupid brain?

:Namaste:

@LadyGaea - Yes, please I would appreciate an overview of steps cause I'm totally confused...hahahahaha

Very overwhelming since I have the brain damage hinderance of a grade 4, but we'll figure it out, step by step.

My hubby is not happy about the dunking process so we gotta go out and get a bucket, anything else I'm supposed to have ahead of time?

Hubbub thinks we should not do 3 plants, but just do 2 for starters. What do you think, keep it simple stupid brain?

:Namaste:
I agree with Ween. I think you should top feed. Keep it simple. Dunk or Top water...you are going to get the plants needs taken care of. It matters not my dear! If you want to do two that are on the same schedule, that may be best for you. Once you are comfortable, you can branch out. You know your comfort level. We don't want you overwhelmed. :circle-of-love:

Okay we have a happy medium, thanks for giving me all the ideas, I was able to present them logically.

We are going to do 2 plants, the afghan kush and one mama mia, because I have 2x 10 gallon pots for flowering.

I'll just pick the best Mama Mia pheno to proceed with into the 10 gallon, with the afghan in the other 10 gallon.

The other MM I'll just grow on the side so I don't waste it and will have meds sooner.

The dunking is too ambitious right now, but top feeding is just fine with us. I think down the road I will do dunking because the theory makes complete sense. It's like air flow magic.

So we are all set on our side and all is well now. Brain is happy and ready to proceed step by step.

I already bought a measurable spray bottle for the foliar stuff. I will need more instructions on when to start.

Thanks @LadyGaea & @weenmeoff for being flexible and offering options, sorry for being so basic with this. It's the only way I can learn, then we can build on that down the road. :hug:

Peace Love Unity & Respect, :circle-of-love::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom