Radogast's 2018 Basement Adventure

I cleaned the flower area and rinsed out the watering tray

I'm running low on flowers and the veg room was too darn crowded so
... 7-gal Lilly, 3-gal Carnival, and 1-qt Lilly went to the flower room. The HPS light is just warming up.

It's a quaint New England style specialty marketplace in a small midwestern city.

Since we want to become regionally famous in our niche market--- I'll leave the description there.

Thanks for your support!

Yeah I need one of those giant trays for my garden actually i cud use 2 lol where did u get them and what r they exactly?

Obviously can’t talk for anyone else but I got these trays online and they are great and come in various sizes. Square Garden Tray

I have trays like that in my veg area. I like them a lot. I bought my 3'x2' one for $11 as a pee tray for a rabbit hutch.

The tray pictured in my flower area is actually a flood table tray for hydro gardening - tough like the liner of a pickup truck, 6" deep and much more expensive. The 4x4' tray was about $80 5 years ago. The 4x8' by 8" deep tray was $180 and held about 300 gallons of runoff water. I had to give that one away when I moved - no room in the movig vans.

I bought the deeper trays for when I was out of town. Filled them up with perlite and water and they would bottom water the flower room for 1-2 months between watering

I have trays like that in my veg area. I like them a lot. I bought my 3'x2' one for $11 as a pee tray for a rabbit hutch.

The tray pictured in my flower area is actually a flood table tray for hydro gardening - tough like the liner of a pickup truck, 6" deep and much more expensive. The 4x4' tray was about $80 5 years ago. The 4x8' by 8" deep tray was $180 and held about 300 gallons of runoff water. I had to give that one away when I moved - no room in the movig vans.

I bought the deeper trays for when I was out of town. Filled them up with perlite and water and they would bottom water the flower room for 1-2 months between watering

Dam man if I had something tht would last 1 to 2 months at a time I would come back to a huge jungle lol if I had something that would be able 2 keep the plants alive tht long tht is but yeah tht sux u cudnt bring the big one with in the move those things look super useful

Sub'd for the flower pics!

I have one Lilly producing flowers

This Lilly is a wee little plant! Probably light deprived as a young one.

The smaller of my Devil's Tit #6 seedlings is plugging along with just a rotation of the pot every day or two.

41 days after I soaked the 1 gallon HiBrix pot and planted the sprouting seed, the pot is finally starting to dry out. Once the pot feels light, I'll let the roots chase water for a couple of days. She will get her second ever watering in about a week.

I have one Lilly producing flowers

This Lilly is a wee little plant! Probably light deprived as a young one.

The smaller of my Devil's Tit #6 seedlings is plugging along with just a rotation of the pot every day or two.

39 days after I soaked the 1 gallon HiBrix pot and planted the cracked seed, the pot is finally starting to dry out. I'll let the roots chase water for a few days. She will get her second ever watering in about a week.

Looks good rad tht alil girl is so tiny lol I have 3 like tht right now I originally planned to jus see them quick n toss em but figured why the hell keep em going lol so I grew them out in a hempy solo cup vegged for 12 days then into flower n but half way three flower decided since I had sum xtra perlite la ying around uppot them all to 2 liters so thts where they r now but I like how urs has decent buds all the way down but once again it's just the tops tht turned out good idk maybe its jus this strain I'm working with but 4 the life of me I can't get the lower buds to fatten up like the way I want no matter what type of training I do with it lol

Soil Recycling Day
Yesterday I was looking in the water barrel of soil. I couldn't reach the soil without climbing inside.

I closed the top securely, hauled out the barrel, and tipped it on it;s side

Opening the top felt like spinning the dials on a 100 year old safe

The last of my soil gold came pouring out.

It filled about 6 gallons each of 7 gallon pots ( I have another tote with a similar amount)

Time to empty old pots and cut up their root balls

Once used soil, old soil roots, amendment, and 18 lbs of store bought and homemade worm castings

Mixed together dry, added about 12 gallons of RO water, and carried in buckets back to the waterbarrel

After 17 fillups of 3-gallon buckets, the rain barrel is full of cooking soil again

Clones making roots

Clone roots yesterday

Clone roots today

I used up all my room temperature water that was sitting yesterday, so Lilly was very thirsty today

Thirsty Lilly after watering

A glance at the veg area - I'll be repotting to 7 gallon and moving 3 plants into flower this month.

Awesome Rad! I'm now running 2 batches of soil, 1 is in 3 #15's in my bloomers and some extra in 5 #1's vegging and I have a 2nd complete batch that I just started cooking a week or so ago. I'm liking the 15's. Hope your business opportunity is moving along.

:passitleft:

Thanks for your support.

The business opportunity is an emotional roller coaster. If it were on a soap opera you wouldn't believe it.

Ran up against a business cartel - not unlawful if you are conducting lawful business - but one of the shadiest set of actions you can imagine. So hard to believe, it sounds more like something out of a John Grisham novel than real life. Activities dating back to 2008, and noone talks about it. Scary and deep. Looking at the next city over, because we just won't be allowed to do business in the town. Can't fight city hall and the news and the banks. Not even going to try with this group.

I was runnng 2 batches worth of soil, but trying to cook 7 gallons at a time. It just doesn't seem to work right until you get up to the 40+ gallon sized batches - per doc bud, and fit's with my small bit of experience.

Nice rad gotta love some fresh cooking soil lol i love playing in my soil haha speaking of which i jus uppoted one of my soil girls into a 15 gallon cloth pot ive never used one tht big b4 so im pretty excited to c how big i can get her. But yea glad to see ur garden is taking off again congrats brotha n namaste

:eek: about your Grisham novel :p Just incredible, and unfortunately not at all surprising.

Loving the flowering lily, must make you happy and rebuilding towards more soil seems to be going really well. Even rangey old Guawi is gonna be great!

Hope you’re getting to let the pressure off periodically :peace::Namaste:

The Devil's Tit are lush and happy (and yes I have two, the daughter says you have to grow them in pairs.)

I topped them both several days ago

Now I apply a spreading pressure for 10-15 seconds to spread the tops and encourage the lower branches to catch up.

They stay spread apart for up to 2 hours before (almost) returning to their original positions.

I planted clones for Lilly and Carnival to replace the ones in the flower area

I notice they were starting to flower, so I snipped more Lilly and Carnival clones

I also gave up on the Labyrinth seedand started soaking another, so I would have a Labyrinth.

The shorter side of my veg area (5 plants.) Hey! What's that little Skunky looking plant in front?

The taller side of my veg area (6 plants)

After uploading the veg area photo I went down and checked. The skunky looking one is a Labyrinth, so I guess I'm starting a 2nd Labyrinth :)

Back
Top Bottom