Radogast's 2018 Basement Adventure

The Devil's Tit are lush and happy (and yes I have two, the daughter says you have to grow them in pairs.)

I topped them both several days ago

Now I apply a spreading pressure for 10-15 seconds to spread the tops and encourage the lower branches to catch up.

They stay spread apart for up to 2 hours before (almost) returning to their original positions.

I planted clones for Lilly and Carnival to replace the ones in the flower area

I notice they were starting to flower, so I snipped more Lilly and Carnival clones

I also gave up on the Labyrinth seedand started soaking another, so I would have a Labyrinth.

The shorter side of my veg area (5 plants.) Hey! What's that little Skunky looking plant in front?

The taller side of my veg area (6 plants)

After uploading the veg area photo I went down and checked. The skunky looking one is a Labyrinth, so I guess I'm starting a 2nd Labyrinth :)

Congrats rad things r starting to look good again in the garden. N man u have more issues with clones starting to flower early on u then any1 else ive ever met lol do u know why tht keeps happening?

I think she is right. Tits should always grow in pairs. :rofl:

I had forgot about the spreading pressure technique. Did you pinch off the tops?

Yes I had topped these (by pinching off the top) a couple weeks ago and now I'm spreading the new tops. In another week or two, I'll probably wire these horizontal.

Congrats rad things r starting to look good again in the garden. N man u have more issues with clones starting to flower early on u then any1 else ive ever met lol do u know why tht keeps happening?

My clones start to flower in veg when they don't get enough light. They seem to root faster in less intense light, and are also more likely to go into flower.

I had moved the clone bucket from the higher (early veg) seedling and newly planted clone shelf to the lower (late veg) shelf with the larger plants. This was partly due to slow growing hempy plants. I allowed them to be shaded by growing canopies.

I moved the clone bucket back up onto the early veg shelf and changed the lights from 16/8 to 18/6.
This should work better.

Yes I had topped these (by pinching off the top) a couple weeks ago and now I'm spreading the new tops. In another week or two, I'll probably wire these horizontal.

My clones start to flower in veg when they don't get enough light. They seem to root faster in less intense light, and are also more likely to go into flower.

I had moved the clone bucket from the higher (early veg) seedling and newly planted clone shelf to the lower (late veg) shelf with the larger plants. This was partly due to slow growing hempy plants. I allowed them to be shaded by growing canopies.

I moved the clone bucket back up onto the early veg shelf and changed the lights from 16/8 to 18/6.
This should work better.

Ic well shit brotha glad ur garden looks so lively again. Its funny now tht ive been growing i can never see myself not growing and we have been looking at houses lately cuz we been thinkn about getting a new home n now everytime i go into a new place im like ohh i could make this area into a nice grow spot lmao im always looking for ways to improve my garden n make it better. My hopes r to have 2 perfect climate controlled grow rooms and then a third one for breeding one day atleast thts my dream. Then i can get my own strain out there for every1 to have. Actually one of my dreams is to setup like a nice size grow op so i can start giving away bud and making the meds people need edibals oils tinctures all of it n i want to do it so u wudnt have to even pay for it or at the very least if i cant do tht right away then have it the cheapest i can do lol idk but i feel it should all be free anyway if people wana heal themselves y shud it be up 2 any1 to say no it hurts my heart to see every1 and myself included hurting and sufering when they dnt have to but cause they r traped by the system alot feel like they have noway out or any help for tht matter so its nice wen i can help sum1 out other then myself with the power of the herb lol. Shit i wish i cud jus setup huge grow ops and get a bunch of people to help out n get numerous ones going n jus flood the world with great free herb lol.

Today, I moved a Carnival into flower and took a Carnival clone.

The Flower area is now half full with 3 plants: 2 Carnival, 1 Lilly

The Late Veg area has 3 plants almost ready to be potted up and sent to the flower area: Guawi, Haze x Kali China, Lilly

The Early Veg area has 3 (possibly male) seedlings: 2 Devil's Tit seedlings, 1 Labyrinth

The Clone area has Carnival and Lilly clones

The Grow seems to be flowing in a sustainable way: harvest group 1 is in Flower, harvest group 2 is in Late Veg, and harvest group 3 will be assembled out of Early Veg and the Clone area.

There are also some hempy plants that are mostly worthless and will be tossed out.

Late Veg area: Guawi, Haze x Kali China, Lilly - each about 14" tall

Devil's Tit seedling - I'm so used to growing clones, seedlings branching are pretty :thumb:

I decided to follow up on my words from yesterday and get some gardening maintenance done

The Flower area is now half full with 3 plants: 2 Carnival, 1 Lilly

The flower area actually has 2 grown up sized plants and some undersized Hempies

3 plants was sort of an average :)

Yellow light alert!! :cool:

The Late Veg area has 3 plants almost ready to be potted up and sent to the flower area: Guawi, Haze x Kali China, Lilly

I potted up the 3 Late Veg girls starting with Lilly - 14" tall

Sprinkling Roots! powder and cutting the rootballs with scissors

Wiped the camera lens - much better photos now :p

Haze x Kali China - 14" tall

Guawi - 12" tall with a triangular sloped canopy :eek:

There are also some hempy plants that are mostly worthless and will be tossed out.

The last of the hempies in veg

Ex hempies

Haze x Kali China and Lilly in Late Veg

Veg area - looking better without those struggling hempy plants

I also handwashed several plastic and fabric pots.

Plants looking nice... DD in pairs... what about sextuplettes?

Tonight the main attraction is .....
THE one and only; The Sextuplettes
Starring lead singer Dark Devil and her twin sister Dark Devil II
Backup featuring Dark Devil III, IV and V VI...

High A/F again:smokin:!

Plants looking nice... DD in pairs... what about sextuplettes?

Tonight the main attraction is .....
THE one and only; The Sextuplettes
Starring lead singer Dark Devil and her twin sister Dark Devil II
Backup featuring Dark Devil III, IV and V VI...

High A/F again:smokin:!

Sounds like a great place to be. I have a job interview Friday, with two hiring managers in the same area, so I'm excited about that and staying as sober as judge. :theband::circle-of-love::theband:
(Not one of those modern California judges, but an old fashioned, old west, judge.)

My favorite shotglass shattered the morning before we placed an offer to lease a place of business and I applied for the job that is now interviewing me - I take it as an omen. Scheduling for Friday the 13th just makes it better :yahoo:

Yes you are, aren’t you!!

Evening Sir Radogast. You’re indoor garden is looking quite beautiful in her transition... nice work with the hand washing. All the loving care will reward you well I think
:circle-of-love::surf:

Hand washing is better than hand wringing. With all the ups and downs, planning to open a business is more stressful than planning a wedding. I could have bought and sold 3 houses for less anxiety, and we aren't even to the point where we start spending money on cabinetry, inventory, and decorations.

Amy - I and others have really been enjoying your garden.

There was snow on the ground yeaterday, but the outdoor critters started to come out of hiding today. I had a squirrel hop between me and the front door while I was standing on the porch today until a nuthatch came by and scolded it away. I think most of the eagles have migrated north, so the critters are feeling bolder.

Its funny now tht ive been growing i can never see myself not growing and we have been looking at houses lately cuz we been thinkn about getting a new home n now everytime i go into a new place im like ohh i could make this area into a nice grow spot lmao

While looking at a business property last week, we came across a 6x10' room with a floor drain, ceiling fan and 11' ceiling. The first words out of my mouth were "Grow Room."

Nice looking seedlings.. they grow fast and stretch a good bit.

Love all the green in your garden Rad and good luck tomorrow!:Namaste:

Thanks BoBrown

My veg area is looking more robust than ever before - I've had healthy before, but not so much agressive growth :)

My general plan is to let the 3 girls in 7 gal pots veg until they need to be watered - then move them into flower.
I'm bending the tops to keep them out of the veg lights :)

- - -

On the business side, got the call from the realtor and my wife's proposed lease buildout is approved by the owner - The lease could be signed this week!

The devils tit best. Name. Ever. :rofl::rofl:

Congrats on the lease!

From SnowHigh the breeder. Named it after trying it first time. You get a good sativa leaner and it's pretty strong. Took me a while to get used to it . A little goes a long way and a lot gets you flying.

This one has some weird terpines that we don't usually see in cannabis and a good bit of them. It's one of the strains VERY high in terpine content like 3-5% content which is a lot.
Don't notice it until I was trimming and accidentally mixed in a branch of the DT I had hanging for a test bud and trimmed the test nugs at same time I was trimming Chemdawg... Woah... wait... completely different ... has menthol eucalyptus and pine sol all mixed together with little funk mixed in. Sweetens up after a little cure.

Supposed to be best after 3 month but I get impatient waiting.

Back
Top Bottom