Radogast's 2018 Basement Adventure

Just got all up to date so to speak. Things are looking good in the grow(s). Sounds like some good sativas in the mix. Hope you've got plenty of room and light for them babies. Cant wait to see what you end up doing once in flower.
Keep 'em green.
Sparks

Hey thanks. The veg girls are looking lush and happy. The next 3 girls and the 2 after them should have space.

I did the second cat drench on a Lilly and a Carnival this morning. Photos in a couple of days.

Installed 5 chandeliers in the shop yesterday, more chandeliers today.

It's beeen 4 days since I've been able to upload photos - so I've been quiet. Here's my May 6 update.

Haze x Kali China finally dried out after her transplant from a 1 gallon to a 7 gallon pot. I took her all the way to wilting to encourage roots to explore the whole pot.

Haze x Kali China moving into the flower area - I'll trim her up after she perks up.

Hempy Carnival - 46 days in flower area

Hempy to Soil Carnival - 46 days in flower area

Hempy Guawi - 37 days in Flower area

Hempy to Soil Carnival - 46 days in flower area

Hey Rad! Good to see ya! Ook forward to seeing that haze once perked up.

:passitleft:

Guawi after she perked up.

I promoted Lilly and Haze x Kali China. The flower area is now full with five and two half plants (7).

Late veg is now spacious, with only 3 girls. They will be cropped to get bushy

Devil's Tit, topped once

The other Devil's Tit, topped twice

Labyrinth, topped once and lanky.

In early veg I have a pair that are revegging

The next generation of clones. I may take one of the (growing) Carnivals and replace the revegging Carnival in early veg.

Feeling good about the garden this week.

I applied for a job at the local medical dispensary today. After all, I love being around cannabis, talking about cannabis, and would enjoy the opportunity to help people choose between oils, edibles, flowers, keef, vapes, and bongs. :)

My dream retirement job!

Being elderly is an advantage, too, I think - there's a big future market there.

My dream retirement job!

Being elderly is an advantage, too, I think - there's a big future market there.

A lot of patients are in their 50s and 60s, and this dispensary carries confusing devices like bongs, volcanos, and promotoes confusing techniques like tacking. I suspect they are more likely to trust someone of my age with a list of their complaints and confusions than some of the younger people - so yes, my age could be an advantage as a bud tender :)

Good on ya with the job app. They would be lucky to have you.

I put in the resume blind. I have no idea if they are hiring anyone soon, but a man has got to try :)

I followed up on the revegging clones today.

I had a Carnival clone that has been sitting in the cloner for a month. It was thriving in there. The top 3 nodes are new growth.

I planted the Carnival out of the cloner into a 3 quart pot. I'll keep the Carnival that looks better when it comes time to transplant.

I took a new pair of Haze x Kali China and Lilly clones from the two that just went into the flower area. Depending on the flow of other plants, I might toss the reveg Haze x Kali China when her turn in the flower area comes around. Now that girls are happily growing again, I can afford to be choosy which plants I send to flower :)

I know it's a couple of months away, but I'm starting to get excited about seeing Devil's Tit and Labyrinth in flower. They are such vigorous plants, I'm also hoping they are girls :eek:

A lot of patients are in their 50s and 60s, and this dispensary carries confusing devices like bongs, volcanos, and promotoes confusing techniques like tacking. I suspect they are more likely to trust someone of my age with a list of their complaints and confusions than some of the younger people - so yes, my age could be an advantage as a bud tender :)

I put in the resume blind. I have no idea if they are hiring anyone soon, but a man has got to try :)

I followed up on the revegging clones today.

I had a Carnival clone that has been sitting in the cloner for a month. It was thriving in there. The top 3 nodes are new growth.

I planted the Carnival out of the cloner into a 3 quart pot. I'll keep the Carnival that looks better when it comes time to transplant.

I took a new pair of Haze x Kali China and Lilly clones from the two that just went into the flower area. Depending on the flow of other plants, I might toss the reveg Haze x Kali China when her turn in the flower area comes around. Now that girls are happily growing again, I can afford to be choosy which plants I send to flower :)

I know it's a couple of months away, but I'm starting to get excited about seeing Devil's Tit and Labyrinth in flower. They are such vigorous plants, I'm also hoping they are girls :eek:

Dam rad the garden is rockin once again lookn good bro congrats n tht lil hempy was so cute lol i love the hempy process but since i did so great with it now for a good few harvests i figured id move on to a new way to grow n now am doing hydro dwc buckets and am building a rdwc six site setup so i can do my breeding faster also been pumping out some huge autos n just got a tad over a quarter pound harvest of some super purple c4 from fast buds so now i figure its time to start my breeding of autos to select which purple one i wana use so far its either my red poison or my c4 auto i want to throw into my cross so gotta make some beans lol. But yea man i cant believe how good ur hibrix girls look ur doing a great job with tht shit every time i come n look at ur hibrix girls it makes me want to jump into it right away lol n i gotta sit back calm myself smoke one n jus realize i gotta wait till i use up my soil nutes i already have cuz i already got a stock pile going specially if u include all my hydro nutes n los mix totes sitting around lmao. Glad to hear u got ur shop up n going almost or is it open now? And that would be so kool to be able 2 be a bud tender i would so come and buy some bud from you and get a few laughs at the same time im sure lol well shit bro i got some more journals i gotta check up on lol but i wish u luck on everything u got going on rite nw and good luck with those beautiful hibrix ladies u got there congrats and namaste.

One of my 600W HPS bulbs broke overnight (inside the outer bulb so a contained bulb failure.)
The (full) flower area is now running off a single 600W bulb.
No grow stores within 200+ miles, so I'm waiting on bulbs through the mail.

My hope is the plants in late flower think it is a sign of winter approaching and finish up early. I think my oldest of the full size plants is at 46 days, so I'd hate for her to lose bud potency.

It is what it is.

- - -

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting on journals much lately. Life away from growing has been very busy.

Blazinjones, I'm still about a week behnd on your threads - but you don't need my advice any more, you have really developed grow skills - better than mine :) That C4 auto was awesome!

- - -

I read Graytail is kicking it by transplanting to larger pots AFTER the stretch, and Doc Bud isn't transplanting until his 1 gallon need daily dunking, so there is some watering and transplant tech that sounds like stuff I need to learn - lets hope I get there.

Today at the store, half painted what my landlord calls the 'Harry Potter Room'. Cabinetry is beginning to arrive. Waxed the rails on the wand cabinet. Walked to city hall and arranged for an inspection. Downloaded games updates for the xBox One X. Ordered the security cameras. Complained about insurance. Waved at the store owner across the street. Talked with another shop owner about street improvements scheduled this summer. Selected Tarot and Oracle decks. Talked with the wife about 2 local artists to make product (wands, brooms, crystal energy sets.) Supervised a friend who volunteered to paint. Talked another friend through options of the herbal formulary and customer prepared vs. store overnight prepared vs pre-packaged custom vs witch prepared herbal mixes. Bought lottery tickets since I'm too busy helping at the store to earn money this month. :rofl::laugh::rofl:

The wife and I are having a blast putting the shop together. Today she ordered a tea samovar that echoes the antique upholstery in the tea room/classroom/gaming lounge and similarly matching sari silks. It's beginning to look a lot like a destination - but still mostly in our minds :)

One of my 600W HPS bulbs broke overnight (inside the outer bulb so a contained bulb failure.)
The (full) flower area is now running off a single 600W bulb.
No grow stores within 200+ miles, so I'm waiting on bulbs through the mail.

My hope is the plants in late flower think it is a sign of winter approaching and finish up early. I think my oldest of the full size plants is at 46 days, so I'd hate for her to lose bud potency.

It is what it is.

- - -

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting on journals much lately. Life away from growing has been very busy.

Blazinjones, I'm still about a week behnd on your threads - but you don't need my advice any more, you have really developed grow skills - better than mine :) That C4 auto was awesome!

- - -

I read Graytail is kicking it by transplanting to larger pots AFTER the stretch, and Doc Bud isn't transplanting until his 1 gallon need daily dunking, so there is some watering and transplant tech that sounds like stuff I need to learn - lets hope I get there.

Today at the store, half painted what my landlord calls the 'Harry Potter Room'. Cabinetry is beginning to arrive. Waxed the rails on the wand cabinet. Walked to city hall and arranged for an inspection. Downloaded games updates for the xBox One X. Ordered the security cameras. Complained about insurance. Waved at the store owner across the street. Talked with another shop owner about street improvements scheduled this summer. Selected Tarot and Oracle decks. Talked with the wife about 2 local artists to make product (wands, brooms, crystal energy sets.) Supervised a friend who volunteered to paint. Talked another friend through options of the herbal formulary and customer prepared vs. store overnight prepared vs pre-packaged custom vs witch prepared herbal mixes. Bought lottery tickets since I'm too busy helping at the store to earn money this month. :rofl::laugh::rofl:

The wife and I are having a blast putting the shop together. Today she ordered a tea samovar that echoes the antique upholstery in the tea room/classroom/gaming lounge and similarly matching sari silks. It's beginning to look a lot like a destination - but still mostly in our minds :)

Dam bro sounds like shit is really coming together for u glad to hear it bro great 4 u so what is the shop ur opening up like what kind of store??

Dam bro sounds like shit is really coming together for u glad to hear it bro great 4 u so what is the shop ur opening up like what kind of store??
Clue words in my previous post

'Harry Potter Room'. . . wand cabinet. . . Tarot and Oracle decks. . . (wands, brooms, crystal energy sets.) . . . herbal formulary . . . witch prepared herbal mixes. . . tea room/classroom.

I'm going to rehang the LED/COB lights to tide me over until the new bulb arrives

Sorry to hear about the bulb failure. Wondered if the cobs would take up the slack for a while.

Sounds like things are starting to come together at the store. Good thing the wife didn't catch you waving/flirting with the hot store owner across the street. Lol.

My blue dream looks like she is ready for harvest and I'll probably take her down tonight.

'Harry Potter Room'. . . wand cabinet. . . Tarot and Oracle decks. . . (wands, brooms, crystal energy sets.) . . . herbal formulary . . . witch prepared herbal mixes. . . tea room/classroom.

I'm going to rehang the LED/COB lights to tide me over until the new bulb arrives

Nice are going back to hps n mh completly and not use led any more? And lol yea i caught those words thts what prompted me to ask cause im into all that stuff n it really piqued my curiosity n got me thinkn what kind if a store it was. So now im excited for the big reveal unless u mentioned it b4 and i missed in which my bad lol. But yea once ur up and fully running u guna post any pics? It sure does sound like ur hands r full man well hope it all works out good for ya man

I didn't see eye of newt on your list.

so its basically like diagon alley all rolled into one? Ollivanders, flourish and blotts, gambol and japes/weasley wizard wheezes, and whatever the apothecary was called... I will admit to being a harry potter nerd at one point.... Until it went out of control lol I hate the movies, love the books, actually own them on tape/cd narrated by Jim dale. Incredibly well done.

someone should have taken the time to do the books justice when they made the movies like what's his name did for the lord of the rings and hobbit.

Back
Top Bottom