Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

cant wait to see photos of the final product :) congrats on the harvest dude
can you send me the steps u used to create this ? (the hash )

Thanks mate, photo of product should be up tonight, about to be in process of collecting it. I speculate the white residue may be IPA residue, luckily if so, its localized in one spot and I can collect the more pure extract that has gathered in the corners. The step by step process is very very easy. Fill dried trimmings,shake, or ground bud into a glass jar that can be sealed. Fill desired amount, fill with 99% IPA to the top of the herb material. Shake vigorously for 90 seconds and strain through coffee filter that is on top of a regular strainer. Collect liquid, and proceed with second rinsing for another 90 seconds, collect liquid. Note that every successive rinsing will draw out more unwanted plant compounds (chlorophylls,lipids,etc.). That's why I didn't use a third rinsing because I noticed a more green tint on the second rinsing. Last step is to evaporate solvent, if a warm water bath is possible, the pyrex dish can be submerged to evaporate solvent quickly, or can be let sit out over night with constant air flow to induce evaporation moreso. Product should be collected in 24 hours or less, but I give it an extra 6 hours after it's all gone to be sure it's dry enough. Finally, I may slightly decarboxylate product on the vaporizer to rid any excess solvent, and to ... well deCOOH it. It's an easy process, just don't inhale IPA fumes obviously.

I've seen results like that but have never gotten the same product like this Les! Can I ask about your technique?
Do you leave a fan blowing over it or any kind of direct breeze? & are you swishing the product around every hour or so as its evaping or letting stand still? Noticed you are using 99% also and I started with 91 as it was all I could get from the local store, but we all know this would just prolong the evap process. Looks like its going to be some tasty oil, :yummy: :bong: Decent pull also yeehaww :thumb: Do you let your final product sit out for a certain time?

Technique mostly covered in previous post, Make sure to not Rinse TOO long, and make sure to use 99% IPA, I Do not Swirl during the evaporation process, it would not make much difference, but the product of interest may began to settle out of solution quicker if not swirled. Because I did not swirl, I believe I have successfully separated the IPA residue from the actual product of interest. I may try to bring this white stuff in to take a Nuclear Magnetic Resonance reading to see what it really is. I will post my final opinions on this product later, and thanks for the great words mate :)

Nice grow so far! :)

Thanks for the kind comment, and welcome aboard to the Lester Lounge. :)
:peace:

Very interesting.

I once made butane extracted oil until the old timer that showed me the technique blew up. He was making a huge batch in his kitchen with minimal to no ventilation. The compressor in the fridge kicked on, the solvent/oxygen ratio was in the correct realm to support combustion, boom. I never made butane oil after that.

A few years later I was really into installing and refinishing hardwood floors. Most of the modern finishes are lacquer based. 100 years ago many finishes were water based. Alcohol based shellac to be precise. Anyways, I encountered some of these floors. You can't use an oil based finish, thinner, or solvent. 100% Isopropyl Alcohol is what they use.

I found out that it works perfect for extraction. It doesn't have the smell of anything out of the grocery store aisle. It even evaporates faster, fast like butane. I haven't seen it at Lowes, Home Depot, WalMart, or the local hardware store. It usually comes in 1 gallon cans or 5 gallon buckets. Cheap too and left zero residue from what I could discern.

Just wanted to mention that. I've never seen the white residue. I would like to know what it may be. Keep us posted mate.

Thanks for the read Josh, interesting stuff and story about butane.

Little update here, after 6-7 hours of the pyrex tray sitting after complete evaporation, the white residue changed texture to more brown color, basically it all blended together. Although there were two separate consistencies I noticed while scraping the stuff off, one a little more gooey, one a little more powdery. In order to efficiently remove the stuff I had to use a propane torch and heat up the bottom of the pyrex dish so it became easier to work with and isolate. Total recovery from trimmings : 3 grams high quality hash

Transformation
Update510_017.jpg

Update510_0089.jpg
Update510_0107.jpg
Update510_0098.jpg

While growing this plant I knew that with the amount of sugar leaves this thing had it was gonna be a good hash plant.

BACK IN THE 70 I USED A ISO- 2 MACHINE. Works like a still. They were almost imposable to find and have been selling for Between 800 and 1500 dollars. But last week I saw on eBay someone has made replica of them . Selling for 499. Check it out. We use to call it hash oil ,but now its Simpson oil. They are a great machine . Lots safer than what you do.
Believe it or not I tried the first Iso 1. Damn thing looked like something from Frankenstein's lab with a big stainless dome on it.. I think it was 750$. They did make a smoke able product, but it had tons of chloroform left in the concentrates. Was a interesting idea back in the 70's. I seen the iso 2 in hightimes back in the 70's for 499$ I remember the ad, said 'Shit to Gold'. Here's whats in hightimes now'
Welcome to www.SuperFlowerTower.com, Official site of The finest electric essential oil maker for home use.
You can get as good a product from filters. One thing you might want to look into Lester is Grade A Grape Sprits or something comparable from the liquor store. But I know a lot of people who use similar stuff to this,
Home
I know this stuff here's costy but some good flavored brandy? Might take awhile to flash off but. Plants are looking great Lester. Hopefully everything will go great for ya this year. Mainly over them nasties that love our plants so much. Keep your eyes sharp and keep a butterfly net close at hand. JK. Congrad's on the head stash to see ya thru. I did the black out cloth afew times in the past. Works great. Reps+++ But Plants are looking very happy Keepem that way and Keepem Green

Thanks for dropping by woods, You always seem to show up at the right times. Interesting relation with the hash-machine, chloroform in meds is no bueno, made a lot of progress since the 70s :laugh: Super Flower Tower?? Neat lol. And the flavored spirit aint such a bad idea, but I think I prefer the essence of the plant, the natural flavors that it has when fresh seem to carry over to the hash more. The dried cured buds never typically smell just like they do when fresh, in a fruity sense. Love the fruity fresh smell...

Anyway thanks for the kind words, I'm hoping things go as well in September/October as they have been going for me now. The light deprivation has enabled me to have some early season medicine to get me through until the big H. It's such a pleasure, really got lucky this year. Hoping to carry that luck on through moth mating season. But yeah, my preferred weapon of choice against the butterflies is my handy dandy sandal :goof:

Well, from down South.

Aloha!:wood:

I need a smoke report on that hash broo! :<
Life must be better, hashiisishsihsihsh all the way. Amazing work, might try it myself at some point.

Irie, :peace:

Haha oh man that hash is godly, I've been higher than a kite, sleeping like a baby, and excited as a bitch. Literally I'm enthralled with things right now. I want to show you with some pictures too
IMG_208810.jpg
IMG_208910.jpg
IMG_209011.jpg
IMG_20927.jpg
IMG_20938.jpg
IMG_20948.jpg
IMG_209511.jpg
IMG_209611.jpg
IMG_20979.jpg
IMG_209812.jpg
IMG_209912.jpg
IMG_208911.jpg
IMG_209012.jpg
IMG_209710.jpg
IMG_209813.jpg
IMG_209913.jpg

Haha oh man that hash is godly, I've been higher than a kite, sleeping like a baby, and excited as a bitch. Literally I'm enthralled with things right now. I want to show you with some pictures too

Lol @ excited as a bitch. I keep thinking of my female dog at dinner time. Now hold on! Calm yourself. :laughtwo:
Very nice pics, Les. Now you're just showin' off. I found another female today. Now I just have two more suspects.

You know here in France "Cologne" and "Parfumes" are big... Im going to start thinking on making cannabis smell cologne. That purpleleleplepleple its too damn beautifull. Lifts my mood just to see it, the smell must be something else.
Relaxed, do what you do, with the care you do, because you're doin' it rit.

Lol @ excited as a bitch. I keep thinking of my female dog at dinner time. Now hold on! Calm yourself. :laughtwo:
Very nice pics, Les. Now you're just showin' off. I found another female today. Now I just have two more suspects.

Thanks Mike, I had to :) Good luck with the other 2, I'll bet they're female!!:Namaste:

Damn mate, that looks like that Purple Kush you've mentioned.

REPS+

Yeah I was really surprised to see all this purple, especially since its a supposed to be a sativa dominant. It hasn't even been cold. Now I'm starting to wish I knew what it was. Purple Haze maybe, but I'm pretty certain it is not Purple Kush... either way I'm excited as hell :party:

You know here in France "Cologne" and "Parfumes" are big... Im going to start thinking on making cannabis smell cologne. That purpleleleplepleple its too damn beautifull. Lifts my mood just to see it, the smell must be something else.
Relaxed, do what you do, with the care you do, because you're doin' it rit.

You can name your cologne " Le Cannabalm" with the masculine emphasis, not sure if it would appeal big to women :tokin:
Lifts my mood too brother! Thanks for the kind words I appreciate it :) Things are cruising well, but I can always shoot for better, somehow. Still waiting another week for these last buds to cure up before I really dig in deep.
:thanks:
:surf:

That's some intense purple! I am speechless. :goodjob:

Thanx mate :) I was thinking about 4 more weeks on this purps, maybe less...it's looking pretty mature...crazy how fast its ripening. I was thinking I may plan harvesting soon, getting her out the way, and then taking out the smallest lady from the tent and force flower her NOW, perpetual style. Plus it will relieve the crowding, allow a little more LST, and the 3 Hippie OG clones are huge now and would like some room.

Purps!!!:cheer:

Quick question, just for clarification. The girl you chopped the other day, did you use the flushing solution on her?

I'm really interested in the solution. I pretty much copy how 420fied does his Hempys. Feed, nothing,water, nothing, feed, etc each day. He doesn't flush. I've smoked a lot of mine with no flush and it's great. Just like to know your impressions of the product as far as results and worth it value wise.

Keep up the great work! :welldone:

Quick question, just for clarification. The girl you chopped the other day, did you use the flushing solution on her?

I'm really interested in the solution. I pretty much copy how 420fied does his Hempys. Feed, nothing,water, nothing, feed, etc each day. He doesn't flush. I've smoked a lot of mine with no flush and it's great. Just like to know your impressions of the product as far as results and worth it value wise.

Keep up the great work! :welldone:

Hi Josh,Yes I did use the Flushing solution on previous chopped lady. As far as vaporizing goes, considering it is still only about 1-2 weeks into cure, it needs a little longer for more of the flavors to be pronounced LONGER INTO THE VAPORIZING SESSION. Don't get me wrong, first hits are unbelievably tasty and whatnot, but flavor diminishes quickly, I'm attributing that to the non-cure. But as far as the texture, and aroma of the buds as they come out of the jar, holy hell, I've never produced buds like this, I'm not sure whether I can actually pinpoint whether the Flushing Solution has made any difference yet, or whether it was the mega-high ultra UV sun the plant has gotten during flower. I think it really depends on your feeding schedule and type of nutrients you use, whether that be organic/synthetic/ or a mixture.

Now, the reason I really wanted to try the flushing solution is that, some of my potting soil that I mixed into with the native soil (super mineralized + dolomite clay) is that there are some stored up nutrients in the soil, and just incase they're still being released during flush, I wanted to force that to a halt.

To sum up, I cannot tell any difference yet - but to be honest I have not tried actually smoking the product yet, I will wait for a good cure before I even try that, or I will probably let my friend try it since he actually smokes. Plain water, and de-feeding would work fine, but with time-released nutrients (if any) there will be a problem with excess salt build up in the plant matter post harvest + extra chlorophylls from the excess nitrogen.

Some people have their opinions on flushing solutions, some don't use it, some don't need it, some are against it, but as far as I'm going I will continue to use it without a doubt.

Sorry for the extended response, it's just slightly harder to tell whether flushing was useful when I'm vaporizing, the temperature I heat my herbs is not enough to vaporize any excess salts, unless I decompose the hell out of it ( Puff it to hell)

First few hits are incredible, and I don't think I've been this high for LONG LONG time...

Few notes: I reallly really want to harvest these purps, I want to start flushing ASAP and force flower a bitch from the tent. Getting anxiety with crowding in the tent, and the Hippie Clones deserve more :) So... really just winging it all and playing all by ear...

I'll be sure to give you more final thoughts on the flushing solution once I actually dig deep into my medicine jar... probably this next week since I'm out of Trainwreck from the club...

:peace:

Just vaporized a bowl of the first harvest as a wake and bake.

Notes: Tasty all the way through (surprised)
Smooth, but hard hitting. Didn't make me cough, even towards the end of the bowl where the excess salts may be vaporized out. ( I look for a pleasurable puff, but something that packs a punch in the chest )
Powerful onset ( head trip -----> body high )

Couldn't be any happier mates, hope all of your gardens are green!:Namaste::peace:

Well, it smokes as it looks bro. Im real happy for you, stay high.
:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom