Here are some nug shots;

Critical top tier nuggets for vaporizing
IMG_45555.JPG

Critical bottom tier popcorn for oil
IMG_45568.JPG

KC-45 nuggets
IMG_45616.JPG

:volcano-smiley:

Yassus! Lovely, Lester. Thanks for sharing. Looks like there are about 100 potential NOTM winners there. :laughtwo:

All good Greek wishes to you. :circle-of-love:

ok Brotha late but im here sorry it took me this long to notice the link in your sig :rofl:
Great Skunkday to you Brotha :high-five:
and those are some pretty buds

Wow beautiful plants and nugs, congrats on that harvest Lester! :circle-of-love: Weird that the KC-45 tastes like your Blackberry from last year now. The environmental conditions must really help shape the terpene profile! Makes sense. :hippy:

And I LOVED the giberellins and enzymes/seed sprouting share. That's why a Sprouted Seed Tea does so many good things for plants, you're just harvesting all of those early enzymes and nutrients for your older plants. And adding enzymes to organic matter sounds smart when you want it to break down :) not to mention the benefits of of the cytokinins and other substances involved. I'm glad I'm starting another SST. :Namaste: Thanks for sharing! Happy Skunkday Lester! :volcano-smiley:

Yassus! Lovely, Lester. Thanks for sharing. Looks like there are about 100 potential NOTM winners there. :laughtwo:

All good Greek wishes to you. :circle-of-love:

Thanks Teddy! :Namaste:

ok Brotha late but im here sorry it took me this long to notice the link in your sig :rofl:
Great Skunkday to you Brotha :high-five:
and those are some pretty buds

Aloha brother, Great Skunkday back to ya. Mahalo :high-five: :volcano-smiley:

Wow beautiful plants and nugs, congrats on that harvest Lester! :circle-of-love: Weird that the KC-45 tastes like your Blackberry from last year now. The environmental conditions must really help shape the terpene profile! Makes sense. :hippy:

And I LOVED the giberellins and enzymes/seed sprouting share. That's why a Sprouted Seed Tea does so many good things for plants, you're just harvesting all of those early enzymes and nutrients for your older plants. And adding enzymes to organic matter sounds smart when you want it to break down :) not to mention the benefits of of the cytokinins and other substances involved. I'm glad I'm starting another SST. :Namaste: Thanks for sharing! Happy Skunkday Lester! :volcano-smiley:

Aloha Sister SoilGirl, I applaud your enzyme talk. It's always fun. Thanks for cruising through and taking a peek. Hope all is going well in your garden. Spring is on the horizon. Happy Days my friend :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

I second that, we all wait for the spring, not everybody lives in SoCal unfortunately :)

Your clones always start so healthy Lester. Why do mines turn yellow before they take off?

Your clones always start so healthy Lester. Why do mines turn yellow before they take off?

It happened to a few of my hungry specimens as well, but only because I used recycled soil. One supplement with DS Step 2 will straighten them right out.

I'm not sure why yours turn yellow; consider if you are using recycled soil or not. Secondly, I've found that the combination of rooting hormone, and extra mycorrhizae in the peat moss has helped them root quicker and stay green and healthy throughout. With this recent batch of clones, 8/8 rooted in about a week, and not once did I see them droop. :volcano-smiley:

I've been using rockwool cubes. Can you explain your method of cloning? What I meant is they do take off but nearly everything turns yellow prior to the new growth.

I've been using rockwool cubes. Can you explain your method of cloning? What I meant is they do take off but nearly everything turns yellow prior to the new growth.

If they turn yellow prior to the new growth, then it's probably because the rockwool does not really carry any nutrients, it's merely a medium that holds water so it can root. After it roots, it's time to play ball. Since I use peat moss , there is a little bit of added nutrients for the cutting, but sometimes it's not enough, it's case by case depending on the hunger of the specimen.

Anyhow, my cloning method is as follows;

I prepare the little container for the cuttings (usually red cups, they work just fine). I then fill them with the OMRI certified peat moss and soak them completely. Next, I sprinkle about 4 teaspoons or so of the DS Step 1 mycorrhizae on top and mix it into the medium using my fingers (gloves on of course). I make sure not to add any more water so that I don't dilute the mycorrhizae too much. Next, I get my bottle of Clonex rooting compound ready, next to the little containers. But before I go and make the cutting, I use my handy-dandy ice pick to make a hole in the peat moss where I will put the cutting. Okay, so I go and make the cutting and run back to the cloning area. Firs thing I do is use a razor blade and shave off the exterior "skin" (if you will), of the lower portion of the stem. This will make it easier to root by allowing more of the hormone to contact the inner environment of the stem. I cut off and remove all shoots and leaves that are about half way down the cutting (these only weigh and bog down the cutting IMO). I leave the top shoots and the node that is directly below it. Fan leaves on these nodes get trimmed (as we all know) to limit transpiration. After they are cut, and the stem is shaved, I dip it profusely in the root hormone and then stick it in the hole (much like planting a seed). Similar to making a transplant, I use my hands to squeeze down the peat moss so some of the water juices out and gets that mycorrhizae all juiced up with goodness. Now that the stem and cutting are placed in a sturdy and upright position, I can place the cuttings into my tubberware humidity dome which I constantly have to spray the walls of (inside) to keep the cuttings moist, as per their transpiration gradients with the external environment... I make sure (at least for the first few days of the rooting process) not to spray them directly, as this could potentially cause drooping. Anyhow, they are placed in the dome under decent power CFL's and taken root.

I will only root clones indoors during the winter. During the Spring and Summer, I will root clones exclusively outdoors, which can sometimes entail a longer rooting process.

There ya have it! :volcano-smiley:

:Namaste:

Kali mera, Lester.

:thanks: Nice cloning tutorial. Duly copied and pasted into my 420 file.

I knocked a small flowering branch off one of mine lifting her out of the bath the other week. So I thought, give it a go for the first time, just to see. I trimmed the leaves and wounded the stem and just popped her into a jar of spring water, covered with a plastic bag in the tent. Now she's got roots and I've potted her up.
*proud father*

Lovely low light in those photos. :circle-of-love:

Thanxx. It's been blogged Lester.

Aloha Brotha all i can say is its always Beautiful in your garden :thumb:

Aloha brother, thank you so much :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Kali mera, Lester.

:thanks: Nice cloning tutorial. Duly copied and pasted into my 420 file.

I knocked a small flowering branch off one of mine lifting her out of the bath the other week. So I thought, give it a go for the first time, just to see. I trimmed the leaves and wounded the stem and just popped her into a jar of spring water, covered with a plastic bag in the tent. Now she's got roots and I've potted her up.
*proud father*

Lovely low light in those photos. :circle-of-love:

Howdy my friend! I was always amazed at how easy Cannabis can be cloned, and they're always so rewarding after! :high-five:

Oh, you noticed I lowered the exposure levels? Had to :) Otherwise it would be too bright to see anything! :ganjamon:

Thanxx. It's been blogged Lester.

Sweetness! :cheer:

I'm getting buried in snow - so I've got the Blue Santas on widescreen and the 'wave machine' sounding off some surf noise.

Just need one more thing ... :volcano-smiley:

Better.

Good morning Les!

Great comment brother! Gave me a wide grin :) Good Mornings Herb :volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley: :surf:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and all is green in your gardens :Namaste: :circle-of-love:

sitting in the cold,living in your garden,man I cant wait for warmer weather

keep them coming RL

I also have the surf machine going.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom