Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

I am lusting that sativa blackberry Lester. :blushsmile:

Warms to soul to look out your virtual window.
:Namaste:
Bob

Me too, I am really surprised that the Blackberry has turned into what it is today, and still transforming. Definitely a remarkable specimen/strain, glad I kept growing that one ;)

Girls look great. I think I told ya I messed with the Swiss Chesses acouple grows and If my mind can still remember short term stuff,,,, is a great thing about pot, but she loved the fertilizers. Especially nitrogen. Well all of thems but, Keepem Green
Yup! Swiss Cheese loves to be fed. Not only is it a great producer and vigorous strain, but it's the flavor of the medicine that really gets me hooked. There's something about it so magical. Always stoked to grow a new batch of it, I never get tired of the Swiss Cheese :yummy: :volcano-smiley:

I love looking at outdoor gardens by the way waiting on woods update for some more outdoor pics :rofl:
Looks Great Brotha :thumb:
Mahalo brotha! :thanks: Spring flowers might actually be my favorite time of year :surf:

To make sure that my spring plants go into full flower mode, even with increasing daylight hours. I make sure to run the veggies under 24/0 lighting, when they get released, they experience almost 12 hours less light per day than before, which is so much less that it minimizes the chances of revegetation.

Aloha,

Hello Mr Freeman! :ciao:

Your plants always look top drawer. :high-five: But I've got to say this piece of information for me is priceless - it means I can grow all year round outdoors.

Hope your week has started well.

Hello Mr Freeman! :ciao:

Your plants always look top drawer. :high-five: But I've got to say this piece of information for me is priceless - it means I can grow all year round outdoors.

Hope your week has started well.

:thanks: :Namaste:

sativa Blackberry
IMG_63747.JPG

Underdawg
IMG_63758.JPG
IMG_63769.JPG

Swiss Cheese and Jack Dawg as well
IMG_63777.JPG
IMG_63788.JPG
IMG_637911.JPG
IMG_63808.JPG

They fill up nicely :thumb:

Just thought I'd mention that the Swiss Cheese and the Blackberry that I'm growing are both from "Herbies Headshop", one of our sponsors.

About 3 years ago I chose the cheapest 10 pack of regular seeds for each strain, killed the males and only kept the females, which came out to be all different phenotypes. Only one phenotype of each strain was cloned, and still cloning today. I chose the Swiss Cheese because it was one of the few "mold resistance" strains, something that seems to have held its weight, only rarely do I have mold problems on the Swiss Cheese. The Blackberry was always a strain I wanted to try, it's not the indica version which is often seen up North, it's a different sativa version, completely different strain than what most people are used to when they hear "Blackberry", however it is something special. If it weren't for the Blackberry being a good yielder, I can remember multiple times where I'd of run out of medicine between crop harvests, not only that but it's one hell of a fruity flavored strain that tends to acquire a "peppery" undertone to all that fruit. Only once so far (this past winter) was I able to get it to finally turn purple, albeit modestly. It would have been cool if it were one of those strains that turned purple undoubtedly, however that isn't quite the case, at least with this phenotype.

! Sativa Blackberry Seeds - Herbies Seeds

! Nirvana Swiss Cheese Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Swiss Cheese turned out to be basically my favorite strain, really love the flavors, which is a hard to explain - fruity/piney/sweet/skunky, definitely skunky. :yummy:

Just glad I got the proper bang for my buck. :Namaste:

if something purples on me I want it to be natural from the strain or variety
stress coloring is not good for my trichome production :rofl:
Aloha Looks Great Brotha :thumb:

if something purples on me I want it to be natural from the strain or variety
stress coloring is not good for my trichome production :rofl:
Aloha Looks Great Brotha :thumb:

I've never "stress purpled" a plant. It's always been 100% completely natural from the strain, but may coincide with minor aspects of "stress" such as cooler weather, I've also never noticed a difference in potency when they do turn purple, whether it be in the middle of the summer after a few cold nights, or during the winter after prolonged 40 degree temps throughout the whole flowering cycle, trichome production has never been negatively affected for me :thumb: :volcano-smiley:

Tropical , El Nino associated, storm system moving in, expecting 1-2 inches for the first system, and 1-2 inches for the second system roughly spread across 48-72 hours, at least that's what the predictions say. Winds are predicted to be 20-25 mph, which is about the upper limit that the tent can take. Really hoping it's not a super windy system. Good news is they'll get a proper cleansing, and this will expedite ripening, however the bad news is they're really in a "untouched" phase where they don't want to be bothered for ANYTHING, there is also the chances of fungus spore germination, particularly for the furthest along flowers, which at this point is the Swiss Cheese, but it's one of those strains that seems to actually be resistant, still collecting data on that one. :volcano-smiley: :surf:

Wish me luck :thanks:

Thanks for the sativa blackberry info. I had been looking at those exact ones from Herbie's and didn't know it was what you are running. Now it may just have to go on the list for the next order. Dang that thing keeps getting longer.

Good luck with the wet weather. Fingers crossed for you!
Bob ;)

Pre-storm inspections/preparations/journal notes;

Remove dead/dying leaves as much as possible, dig around the base of the plant to mix up and help break down some of the decaying organic matter, assess for any top heavy specimens who will accumulate lots of water in the flower heads, making them vulnerable to excess tipping over, apply stakes as needed and/or use garden twine to keep them held upright. Recent azamax root drench to combat fungus gnats worked magnificently, reducing the population by atleast 80% and drastically hindering their reproductive cycle. Fungus gnat populations always rise during and after rain periods. Might need to consider another drench after the rains.

Over all things are looking up to par in terms of calyx and trichome production, they could use a good cleansing to be honest, help rinse some off the dust off their leaves that accumulates from the winds. Tender pistils will likely begin to be slightly withered due to the mass of the water droplets coming down on them.

I am considering whether or not to prune much of the lower popcorn bud-type flowers in the "lower canopy" of the Blackberry. One option would be to let them stay attached, after the main buds have been harvested, this lower canopy will presumably have enough green leaf to actually revegetate in the summer. On the other hand, I won't really have that much room by then and I might rather just have the plant focus its energy on the main colas instead.

Pics of the bunch while its still sunny before the rains, different natural sun angle.
IMG_638412.JPG
IMG_638512.JPG
IMG_638613.JPG
IMG_638714.JPG
IMG_638913.JPG

Also the JD is turning purple, as expected, will have some pics of those later on in development. :Namaste:

First storm moved through rather pleasantly, rained steadily for about 5 hours, and then for about 10 minutes of heavy downpour. Luckily there wasn't a ton of wind, we'll see how this next storm goes because there is a gale wind warning in effect for the next few days as this next, heavier system rolls on through. In the clearing now, I've shaken the water off the plants by "jiggling" the stems, this will help them dry out for the day, at least until the next one comes. In any case, they received a real nice warm and tropical cleansing. :surf: :volcano-smiley:

First storm moved through rather pleasantly, rained steadily for about 5 hours, and then for about 10 minutes of heavy downpour. Luckily there wasn't a ton of wind, we'll see how this next storm goes because there is a gale wind warning in effect for the next few days as this next, heavier system rolls on through. In the clearing now, I've shaken the water off the plants by "jiggling" the stems, this will help them dry out for the day, at least until the next one comes. In any case, they received a real nice warm and tropical cleansing. :surf: :volcano-smiley:

Spoken like a true farmer. Weather matters.

Que sera Que sera....just doin' what it does, right Lester?
logo8.gif

Back
Top Bottom