Renegade's 2018 Outdoor Grow

I can tell that your journal will be a chore to keep up with unless you only update once per week.

Glad I could help out...

Be interesting to follow. :thumb:

I can tell that your journal will be a chore to keep up with unless you only update once per week...
Be interesting to follow. :thumb:

Journals are a chore....LOL. That's why I don't post unless something substantial happens. Or I'm bored....LOL. Whichever happens first, second or third.

ANd heres the second or third...LOL.

I've never had such a bad time germinating. The upcoming pics will show the 1st, second and third round attempts. Germ techniques were the usual. Straight to moist soil. Floating till they dropped, waited for signs of the tap then straight to moist soil. Moist paper towel till the tap room emerged then straight to moist soil. Seedling mat under each and everyone with temp at around 77-80. All in seed trays with domes for humidity. Speaking of which, temps and humidity were well in range of what they should be.

Out of 16 in the first round only one pop'd. Decided to germ some of my own after that. But not before I attempted to pop a few more of the purchased ones. I'll get to that in a min. The second round seeds took almost 2 weeks to break but not all pop'd. After such a failure in the purchased seeds I decided to only germ my seeds in the third round. Every one of my seeds germ'd and sprouted with no problem. Old seeds from the seed bank? Damaged during shipping? Not sure why but I did reach out to the seed bank. They were apologetic, suggestive and offered up another shipment. I'll continue to buy from them.

So here we are so late in the season I almost called it a day. Almost...

We now have about 20 in various stages of seedling. I'll leave them all in the tent under LED till they out grow the tent or need to be potted up and moved outside. More sativa's then I'd like but what the hell. I'll top and train regular till they flower to help keep them low. A few will be given out locally for others to play with.

Eh....it's just a hobby and NFP....LOL.

Pics of my pitiful gurls to follow.

Oh, first feeding coming up and I will begin the Cal/Mg supplement. Everything under LED needs it.

So the first pic is of the only survivor....

The pots are the new home for those first group of seedlings once they are were ready.

This is of round 2....

Those first group of seedlings about a week later all potted up....

2 weeks later....

3 weeks later....

The next morning....this morning....

I hope i got the order right...LOL.

Pics just about every weekend from here on out. The casual post in the mean time. Input, questions or comment always welcomed.

Hope everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day....

Seeing some dry mold and a few bite marks. Will treat with neem oil and Azamax. Will also put the fan back in the tent to help with the mold. All but round 3 gurls will loose their bottom fans. And all have been getting a quarter cup of 1/4 strength nutes every few days.

Cheers...

Another weekend update....

Gurls are coming along fine. This is the last weekend that they will be in the tent. Most will be handed off by next weekend and the ones I'm keeping will go into the air pots by then as well. Found a few dead crawly guys so the need must be working. Will hit them once more before they are moved. Will also include some AzaMax for good measures. They are still on 1/4 strength 1/4 cup nutrients. Once more before they are pop'd up. All but the 3 round gurls are bustin out the bottom of their pots. They are ready for their new home.

Pics...

Nice little garden :thumb: why do you think the first batch popped a week later? did you bury them deeper than the rest?

Thanks for stopping by HG. Didn't have issues with them being to deep except for 1. Not sure what the problem was just had a hell of a time getting anything but the seeds from my seeded gurls from last year to pop. Those dam things have some good genetics...so says my brother...LOL. He's holdin it down in SoCal with 3 farms going. But I did reach out to my seed bank and they stepped up and made things right. I kind of classified the seeds as 1st, 2nd and 3rd round gurls. Only 1 from the first round, then I went crazy the second round and finished off with those 7 in the 3rd round. So we'll see. I got lights on at 2100, I'll go down and get the last pic of the tent before they are moved.

Oh, and I see you lurking Bonsi…LOL. Welcome my friend...

Oh...and of the 21 gurls that did germ, 1 was a boy. Unlike last year this time it was ball before they could grow those nanners. Promptly removed and place about 30 miles away in a...hopefully....nice and secluded spot. If I'm lucky I can get some pollen to collect and store it away. Need to find out how long the pollen will last. I believe he was that one labelled Mighty Mite. And he was the lone survivor from the 1st round.

Pics...

Thanks for the welcome.....I lurk on many threads.....

Looks like a SOG in the making..... :thumb:

Oh...and of the 21 gurls that did germ, 1 was a boy. Unlike last year this time it was ball before they could grow those nanners. Promptly removed and place about 30 miles away in a...hopefully....nice and secluded spot. If I'm lucky I can get some pollen to collect and store it away. Need to find out how long the pollen will last. I believe he was that one labelled Mighty Mite. And he was the lone survivor from the 1st round.

Pics...

Want to wish you luck with the outside portion . Subbed.

Thanks for the welcome.....I lurk on many threads.....

Looks like a SOG in the making..... :thumb:

It does at that. If they were gonna stay indoors. But no, they are all going out into the elements. Don't have a permanent inside spot.

Want to wish you luck with the outside portion . Subbed.

Welcome to my garden SP. Feel free to comment or suggest as needed. Mold was our issues last year and have already taken steps to help prevent it this season. I'm building a make shift grow area with cover. We'll see how that goes.

Wake and bake….ops, I mean good morning all...LOL.

A good day to get outside and get some potting up done. All the gurls have been handed out or are out back waiting for me to pot up. It was a slow germ season to say the least but we got thru it in good fashion. Out of 21 gurls that did pop, 1 was a boy. He's about 30 miles away. I'll try and get some pollen from him but I'm told that pollen doesn't really last more than a couple months. But will got thru the process for experience. I'm keeping 6 for myself with 3 or 4 more out in the back forty. Gave away 10 to friends. I'll get 1 out of that bunch at harvest. The strain is mostly my Pine/TimeWarp (sativa's) seeds but one of the gurls is an Indica of some sort. Short with short rounded leaf's. Probably a survivor of round 2.

Anyway a couple of the pics...

Last night with a last bath and feeding....

This morning waiting to be pot'd up...

Everyone have a High, High weekend...

Back
Top Bottom