RetiredRN Gorilla Glue, Northern Lights 2021 First Time Grower

Hey @Emilya @StoneOtter @Virgin Ground @InTheShed . Northern lights auto 56 days old today and I put her out in the sun for three hours today to see if her attitude improves. I’m not given up yet but I don’t think it’s going to produce much if any at all because I think she may have a root ball problem. It’s warm and sunny here today so I’m hoping the natural sun will do something for her.

3A9DA3FC-1FBD-410F-90C7-142DE9F81C76.jpeg

Hey @Emilya @Virgin Ground @InTheShed @StoneOtter . Here’s a picture of my northern light auto at 56 days old that flowered way before the rest of the northern white autos that are the same age. It’s starting to get a few brown pistols on it so when I start seeing that about how much longer do I have because it doesn’t seem like my colas are very big to me. The buds don’t seem tightly packed and I don’t see the frosting of the tricomes on the sugar leaves or any of that yet so is that yet to come????

5C38CF55-78D2-462A-A1AD-AC6BA3D91CDF.jpeg

She'll put on some frost soon. It starts out as little bumps on the sugar leaves.
She looks like she has quite a way to go. I scope the trichomes to gauge when to harvest along with pistil senescence.
I like a tiny bit of amber. It really is based upon personal preference.
Some folks like to be thoroughly sedated.

Hey @Emilya @Virgin Ground @InTheShed @StoneOtter . Here’s a picture of my northern light auto at 56 days old that flowered way before the rest of the northern white autos that are the same age. It’s starting to get a few brown pistols on it so when I start seeing that about how much longer do I have because it doesn’t seem like my colas are very big to me. The buds don’t seem tightly packed and I don’t see the frosting of the tricomes on the sugar leaves or any of that yet so is that yet to come????
Don't let the pistils confuse you. Their turning brown has only a little bit to do with the ripeness of your product... it is the trichomes that matter. When you still see a lot of white pistils, the plant is still in full bloom mode, still trying to gather pollen. I suspect that most all of your autos will finish around the same time and this one still has quite a ways to go before it is done. Use a loupe or a good magnifying glass and look closely at your trichomes, all over the plant. You will most likely find a few amber ones down low on the plant, on the fan leaves, but they don't count. The recommended advice is to wait for amber trichomes to show up at the very top of the plant, on the calyxes, and not on the sun leaves, and then the percentage level of how many of them are clear, cloudy or amber will determine the ripeness of the buds. Some people prefer pulling at 2% amber at the very top, and others prefer the plant to really be ripe, at 20% amber or more.

Whatever your preference, by the time it gets to showing amber trichomes at the very top, most varieties will have pulled back and changed to color, all of the white pistils. Furthermore, none of the white pistils will be sticking straight out as many of yours are. When you enter the last two weeks of the grow, where the buds will swell up sometimes to twice their present girth and weight, all of the pistils will be kinked at the top... none will be straight out... and during that last two weeks they will almost always, all turn colors.

Here is a hint that I give out a lot.... find a picture from the breeder of what your buds should look like at the finish. Compare that to your buds. That evidence alone should assure you that you still have a ways to go.

She'll put on some frost soon. It starts out as little bumps on the sugar leaves.
She looks like she has quite a way to go. I scope the trichomes to gauge when to harvest along with pistil senescence.
I like a tiny bit of amber. It really is based upon personal preference.
Some folks like to be thoroughly sedated.
Thoroughly sedated is how I roll. I have severe insomnia from 30 years of shift cycling at work.

She is very pretty btw.
Thanks, I’m so hoping shes gonna smoke smooth as a babys butt. I was going to try the photo contest cause I really could use a majic butter machine because my lungs aren’t holding to well from the smoke but then I saw some of the others pictures and theres no way I stand a chance.

Thoroughly sedated is how I roll. I have severe insomnia from 30 years of shift cycling at work.
Amber it is!
Edibles and dosing oils are great for that. They last longer through the night. I take a few puffs of flower to settle in since it takes around a half hour before I feel the effects of an edible or oil.

Don't let the pistils confuse you. Their turning brown has only a little bit to do with the ripeness of your product... it is the trichomes that matter. When you still see a lot of white pistils, the plant is still in full bloom mode, still trying to gather pollen. I suspect that most all of your autos will finish around the same time and this one still has quite a ways to go before it is done. Use a loupe or a good magnifying glass and look closely at your trichomes, all over the plant. You will most likely find a few amber ones down low on the plant, on the fan leaves, but they don't count. The recommended advice is to wait for amber trichomes to show up at the very top of the plant, on the calyxes, and not on the sun leaves, and then the percentage level of how many of them are clear, cloudy or amber will determine the ripeness of the buds. Some people prefer pulling at 2% amber at the very top, and others prefer the plant to really be ripe, at 20% amber or more.

Whatever your preference, by the time it gets to showing amber trichomes at the very top, most varieties will have pulled back and changed to color, all of the white pistils. Furthermore, none of the white pistils will be sticking straight out as many of yours are. When you enter the last two weeks of the grow, where the buds will swell up sometimes to twice their present girth and weight, all of the pistils will be kinked at the top... none will be straight out... and during that last two weeks they will almost always, all turn colors.

Here is a hint that I give out a lot.... find a picture from the breeder of what your buds should look like at the finish. Compare that to your buds. That evidence alone should assure you that you still have a ways to go.
Great information, thanks. I feel better now.

Amber it is!
Edibles and dosing oils are great for that. They last longer through the night. I take a few puffs of flower to settle in since it takes around a half hour before I feel the effects of an edible or oil.
:green_heart:
We all do the same thing around here. We make some little 13mg gummies in large quantities and we call them our Nighty Night Gummies, and there are always some in the fridge. We share part of a joint before bed and it is lights out... Well medicated I sleep all night no matter what was on my mind.

We all do the same thing around here. We make some little 13mg gummies in large quantities and we call them our Nighty Night Gummies, and there are always some in the fridge. We share part of a joint before bed and it is lights out... Well medicated I sleep all night no matter what was on my mind.
My plan is to make gummies and do that same thing. Edibles take about 1-2 hours to fully kick in for me so I will start with those About an hour before bed and then smoke a bowl to get me to sleep and hopefully my edibles will keep me asleep because right now to get sleep I have to smoke every few hours during the night to be able to sleep

I still need to grab some silicone molds for gummies. I'm always buying something else for the garden and it gets put on the back burner. I'll get to it here someday. I'd like to do the +melatonin gummies.
I'm eating chocolate cookies. Not the best thing before bed. Have my dosing oil underway atm.

My plan is to make gummies and do that same thing. Edibles take about 1-2 hours to fully kick in for me so I will start with those About an hour before bed and then smoke a bowl to get me to sleep and hopefully my edibles will keep me asleep because right now to get sleep I have to smoke every few hours during the night to be able to sleep
My Dad was like that... couldn't sleep more than a few hours at a time before his chronic pain would wake him up, and then he would stay up for several hours until he got sleepy again. He used to take a lot of naps during the day and never wanted to participate in things, especially in the evenings. We now supply him with Nighty Night Gummies (he prefers the blue ones, lol) and I don't think I have ever seen him as happy and active as he is these days. These meds have clearly made a huge difference in our favorite senior's life!

My Dad was like that... couldn't sleep more than a few hours at a time before his chronic pain would wake him up, and then he would stay up for several hours until he got sleepy again. He used to take a lot of naps during the day and never wanted to participate in things, especially in the evenings. We now supply him with Nighty Night Gummies (he prefers the blue ones, lol) and I don't think I have ever seen him as happy and active as he is these days. These meds have clearly made a huge difference in our favorite senior's life!
Its been a miracle medicine for me. My PTSD, depression and insomnia has taken over my life until I was able to some weed again (just since retiring). I’m slowly taking my life back.

High RetiredRN :ciao: dropping in for the journey. Welcome to the 420 growers community
you’d be surprised, lots of females around here :)
:ciao:
really could use a majic butter machine because my lungs aren’t holding
Sending you PM
more than a few hours at a time before his chronic pain would wake him up
I fully understand his plight! That was my life for many years before I found here and oil making and edibles :love: Still an issue, but I sleep now :)

High RegisteredRN :ciao: droppung in for the journey. Welcome to the 420 growers community

:ciao:

Sending you PM

I fully understand his plight! That was my life for many years before I found here and oil making and edibles :love: Still an issue, but I sleep now :)
Hey Amy! I’m glad for you to come to my journal. I’m just new to growing. If it wasn’t for the support of everyone I would’ve killed my plants by accident over a month ago.

Hey @Emilya @StoneOtter @Virgin Ground @InTheShed . Well, my gorilla glue auto is the right back plant and its 65 days old and the rest are northern lights autos all 56 days old today. All the plants are fed the same stuff and the gorilla glue auto continues to have rust spots all over it but the other plants don’t, I can’t figure it out. I’m not planting anymore of those gorilla glue plants. The others have been fairly easy to care for but not that gorilla glue. Everyone got fed big bloom, bud bloom and beastie blooms today from the fox farm nutrients line. Two out of the three northern lights plants are requiring watering every day and they wilt if they don’t get it , like that right front plant and they just drink and drink and drink they are so thirsty. They as a whole drank 1.5 gallons of water, ph to 6.5, before I got any run off. I’m considering maybe 4 gallon pots for my next grow. I’m thinking I still have 2 or 3 more weeks to go yet till harvest.

9049C2CA-7D0E-4A67-9BEC-82C9365601AD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom