Sorry about the broken branch Rex but like you said it's early enough to not make a damn bit of difference! Except for the rust spots the plants are looking great. I did wonder about this:
Now, this is a tiny amount I realize, and that's totally on purpose. I've been regularly bumping the PPM and recently added some more FloraNova Grow. This rust could be a deficiency or lockout I'm thinking. So by providing only a slight bump of Cal mag I'll be able to see if it slows, or progresses more quickly. That will quickly determine what needs to happen next.
I'm not sure that 14ppm is enough to even slow it down, and it might be hard to distinguish slowing down from the spread it would be taking with no added Calcium. I don't think you're locking out Ca at this stage (too much P or K in veg?), so I think the regular dose would be a better idea.

Hmmm....rust....would it be prudent to check in the Iron realm? I use the Cal Mag Plus Iron, and it seems to work better than just Cal Mag. Just a thought. That said, those look damn amazing man. Very healthy. Loving the leaves on the BB. And I've broken tons and done that many times, no worries. Just make more. Lol! Great work man.
Hey Jon, thanks! Iron should be more than fine, I think...this is what's the majority of the mixture. And yes I know where you're going with that bazonkers Mulder's chart, that thing makes my head spin on a good day :rofl:
Screenshot_20210909-162320_Office.jpg

Sorry about the broken branch Rex but like you said it's early enough to not make a damn bit of difference! Except for the rust spots the plants are looking great. I did wonder about this:

I'm not sure that 14ppm is enough to even slow it down, and it might be hard to distinguish slowing down from the spread it would be taking with no added Calcium. I don't think you're locking out Ca at this stage (too much P or K in veg?), so I think the regular dose would be a better idea.
True, 14 is a rather bismal amount. Just with the White Berry and Bruce Banner doing OK, I'm loathe to make any major changes. It's always a fine balance.
So you're thinking is to much P or K?

No, I'm thinking not too much P or K at this stage. Hard to believe that you would be locking out calcium this early in veg.

If it were mine I would either bump the 7-4-10 nutes a bit or go with at least a half-dose of the recommended cal-mag you have on hand. Unless it's 12-0-0!
Well, a bump in the Grow it is! That aligns with both what you and Jon said.

:thanks: both!

Journal Update

Day 28

Tent temp: 25C
Tent RH%: ~40-80% (swings, but mainly on low side)
Previous PPM: : 916 ppm
Current PPM: 899 PPM ( slight drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 920 PPM (from PH up)
PH: 6.1 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 20.7C
Water level: nice drop (1 inch)

Hello everyone!. I hope you all are having a good weekend so far, and sneaking in some rest.

So the rust spots haven't spread or gotten any worse. The bump in feed seems to have been what was called for. They're starting to get quite thirsty, and have started showing pistils.

Training has started! Those plastic braces (used for stake growing) that I think of as giant lego peices are also fun for doing a bit of training.

In a spur of the moment decision, the Somango Auto got topped after all, a bit later then I'd have liked, but I think she'll take to it fine now.

So without much further a-do, I'll say :thanks: for dropping by, and bring on some photos.

There is no such thing man! Too long, and vacation don’t work together...no matter what vacations are always to short!
You've obviously never been to Grimsby.
:passitleft:
Journal Update

Day 28

Hello everyone!. I hope you all are having a good weekend so far, and sneaking in some rest.

So the rust spots haven't spread or gotten any worse. The bump in feed seems to have been what was called for. They're starting to get quite thirsty, and have started showing pistils.

Training has started! Those plastic braces (used for stake growing) that I think of as giant lego peices are also fun for doing a bit of training.

In a spur of the moment decision, the Somango Auto got topped after all, a bit later then I'd have liked, but I think she'll take to it fine now.

So without much further a-do, I'll say :thanks: for dropping by, and bring on some photos.

Looking good Rex! I'm liking the Bruce Banner's.

Journal Update

Day 28

Girls look great.
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe.
Bill

Journal Update

Day 28

Ah, pretty clever.
I'd probably just tie a string between holes, but using the arms may give you more flexibility. :goodjob:

Loving the modular versatility of your new kit! The way you are using it is a lot of fun.
Thanks DD, I actually have a lot of fun when using them for training. Brings the kid out in me :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking good Rex! I'm liking the Bruce Banner's.
Thanks Prof! She's my favorite so far as well, I've been wanting to grow one for some time now, almost as much as the fabled DDA.
Girls look great.
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe.
Bill
Hey Bill! Thank you for swinging by, this place just ain't the same without you brother.
Ah, pretty clever.
I'd probably just tie a string between holes, but using the arms may give you more flexibility. :goodjob:

Thanks Azimuth, I can't pretend that they're much better then training wires. But they're more fun, and it's nice to stack them and raise the tie down heights. I'll still use some plant ties, as I've now used up all those peices they'll get more use, till the net gets put up.

Definitely not, doesn’t really sound like a vacation destination! And if you live there, go on a vacation!

hope all is good Rexer!

Plants look great Rex!
Thanks Shed! I keep expecting Stretch to start soon, that's when the really fun part starts.
And I love the I-beam training technique...
my first Trademark :circle-of-love: I like the sounds of that
I-BEAM Training ®

you might need to do a separate tutorial on that. :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's a good idea thanks, I might just do that :thanks:

Edit- my last batch of edibles gave me the giggles :rofl:. The above seemed so much funnier earlier.

And I almost forgot to include this. A quick recap (Gif) of the growth so far under the #ViparSpectra P4000
@ViparSpectra has made an excellent light, and so far both the plants and I are enjoying it.

(Sorry for the unsteady shots- the camera is mounted onto a fan that oscillates)

Was that an idea that also came after a batch of edibles? :laugh:
You know, I can't be certain on that- always a possibility :rofl:.
Nice Gif. I'm not even sure how to pronounce that let alone make one. Is it a hard or a soft G?
Always wondered myself till some techie told me it's pronounced with a "j".
Easy enough to make, I check the plants using a camera, and then click a snapshot (Wyze camera app function) that gets saved to my phone.
Then I use a simple app on my phone to create the Gif. The tricky part? Keeping it under file size limits for 420.

Back
Top Bottom