something came through for lunch on those leaves. it looks like they were all lower and maybe touching the surface or something else. it doesn't look like it is sticking around though.

in certain conditions a fast growing indica leaf will tear itself. not so much a sativa, but it can happen.

c02 can be hit and miss. environments on the whole have to be dialed in.
there's a lot of i have x light or x dli or x ppfd so i should explode with co2 going on.

something came through for lunch on those leaves. it looks like they were all lower and maybe touching the surface or something else. it doesn't look like it is sticking around though.
Hey brother, appreciate the visit.

If that's the case, hopefully one of the hoardes of spiders around the garage ate it while it was napping with its belly full of the Somango.
in certain conditions a fast growing indica leaf will tear itself. not so much a sativa, but it can happen.
Im hoping that's what I'm seeing. Then again, I also hope to win the lottery.

When that happens, does it present itself as a hole, a rip, or an either or?
c02 can be hit and miss. environments on the whole have to be dialed in.
there's a lot of i have x light or x dli or x ppfd so i should explode with co2 going on.
Someday, but not until my grow room gets built, and that requires non existent funding. Got the space, just need the building supplies and electrical components.

Looks great! They really seem to love the light and set up. It does seem whatever was snacking has moved on or became the snack. Fingers crossed and keep your eyes on it as you have been doing. Happy friday!

Damn....I should have gotten my lottery ticket tonight.

20210917_191830.jpg

When that happens, does it present itself as a hole, a rip, or an either or?

it can be either. usually it will tear but may show a hole before. it's simply the plant growing faster than the leaf material can develop. pretty much only occurs in a hydro type app. soil moves too slow.

i sorta thought that might be what is going on here but the holes are too uniform and close.

Journal Update

Day 36

Tent temp: 22C
Tent RH%: ~40-60%
Previous PPM: 938 PPM
Current PPM: 968 PPM (rise)
Adjusted PPM to: 1027 PPM (from PH up)
PH: 6.5 (adjusted to 5.6)
Res temp: 17.6C :eek:
Water level: Down

So...I had another surprise. A rise in PPM, my first thought was WTF is going on?!?! Then I noticed my reservoir temperature was sitting at 17C roughly. Too cold. This is where following the hydro guide/chart falls away, as it doesn't cover temperature issues (a path I've been down before). Why? Well when the temperature of the reservoir is too low it causes nutrient uptake issues- which can present itself in leaching into the res, and play havoc with PH. This in turn will have you chasing deficiencies, when the simple answer is raise the temperature. So today the reservoir titanium heater got plugged in. Sounds fancy eh? It's just a cheap aquarium heater from the Zon...no need for fancy. But it does allow a preset temp. So...now I've got a chiller and heater plugged in for the res...going to be a lovely electric bill:rolleyes:

The White Berry Auto has shown first signs of flowering. I'll call it day one of flower for journal purposes when 2 out of 3 hit flower- majority rules.

The mystery eater I dunno....i don't think there's new holes, but i may have found some that I overlooked when picture taking of damage. The Somango Auto leaf that was heavily munched in, has shown no other signs of being munched on.

The Bruce Banner Auto has also shown some signs of Nitrogen toxicity, but I'm not too worried about it, it could be from the leaching, but even if not the Nitrogen is already being dialed back as bloom nutes are getting introduced already.

That's all, thanks for reading and I hope everyone has had a good weekend!

Journal Update

Day 36

So...I had another surprise. A rise in PPM, my first thought was WTF is going on?!?! Then I noticed my reservoir temperature was sitting at 17C roughly. Too cold. This is where following the hydro guide/chart falls away, as it doesn't cover temperature issues (a path I've been down before). Why? Well when the temperature of the reservoir is too low it causes nutrient uptake issues- which can present itself in leaching into the res, and play havoc with PH. This in turn will have you chasing deficiencies, when the simple answer is raise the temperature. So today the reservoir titanium heater got plugged in. Sounds fancy eh? It's just a cheap aquarium heater from the Zon...no need for fancy. But it does allow a preset temp. So...now I've got a chiller and heater plugged in for the res...going to be a lovely electric bill:rolleyes:

The White Berry Auto has shown first signs of flowering. I'll call it day one of flower for journal purposes when 2 out of 3 hit flower- majority rules.

The mystery eater I dunno....i don't think there's new holes, but i may have found some that I overlooked when picture taking of damage. The Somango Auto leaf that was heavily munched in, has shown no other signs of being munched on.

The Bruce Banner Auto has also shown some signs of Nitrogen toxicity, but I'm not too worried about it, it could be from the leaching, but even if not the Nitrogen is already being dialed back as bloom nutes are getting introduced already.

I’m trying to get my reservoir to 20c 68f , if I get there I don’t need much Z7 and half the hydroguard. I won’t quit using them since they keep em snowwhite . I want some of the Somango it’s on my CBG list .
These guys are getting nervous about the purple punch getting too big so I’m gonna trade them the Monster Zkittles for there punch . I’ll grow them out under the P4000 . One was under the V600 the other two were under competing lights . I’m trying to have them up by this evening.

I’m trying to get my reservoir to 20c 68f , if I get there I don’t need much Z7 and half the hydroguard. I won’t quit using them since they keep em snowwhite . I want some of the Somango it’s on my CBG list .
These guys are getting nervous about the purple punch getting too big so I’m gonna trade them the Monster Zkittles for there punch . I’ll grow them out under the P4000 . One was under the V600 the other two were under competing lights . I’m trying to have them up by this evening.
Here we're getting hot sunny days and freezing cold nights (enough to make you think you'll find frost soon). So I need the Chiller to keep it cool in the day, and heater for at night. The titanium heater actually does a good job, it got used last spring.

Long term I'd like to modify a XXL cooler into my reservoir. That should help quite a bit, something that might be an idea for you.

I'll have to look again, but I didn't know Somango had CBG in it? Hopefully this strain does- that would be an unexpected bonus.

Be sure to drop the P4000 journal link here when you get it up and running!

Here we're getting hot sunny days and freezing cold nights (enough to make you think you'll find frost soon). So I need the Chiller to keep it cool in the day, and heater for at night. The titanium heater actually does a good job, it got used last spring.

Long term I'd like to modify a XXL cooler into my reservoir. That should help quite a bit, something that might be an idea for you.

I'll have to look again, but I didn't know Somango had CBG in it? Hopefully this strain does- that would be an unexpected bonus.

Be sure to drop the P4000 journal link here when you get it up and running!
The CBG calms me and mama . The sponsors gave me a free gram , just one spoon which comes with it over a joint I’m done . Still uplifting and I bought 10 grams of it won’t run out anytime soon . I will definitely drop the thread here .

Journal Update

Day 36

The lushness of your plants is incredible. Are the bud sites sticking out through the leaves just the natural branching that's happening?

The lushness of your plants is incredible. Are the bud sites sticking out through the leaves just the natural branching that's happening?
Hey Jon!

Thank you, yes it is, with a bit of assistance ;). I block some to let others catch up in height, then open 'em up.

Here’s the link the Vipar Spectra P4000

Ahh didn’t realize until now u had a journal in progress!
Already read the whole 13 pages, this serves as a good guide :) noticed everyone in US prefers more PPM rather than EC.

Damn Im waiting for that growth spurt!
Looks like yours took most spurts after 3 weeks mark.

Journal Update

Day 38
Flower Day 2

Tent temp: 23C
Tent RH%: ~40-50% avg. (except today is 70%)
Previous PPM: 1037 PPM
Current PPM: 1021 PPM (drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 1074 PPM (from PH up)
PH: 6.3 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 21.4C
Water level: Down, drinking and feeding nicely

Well the mystery choppers I believe is ants. I had to go in during lights out yesterday to do a check....found a little bugger on a leaf. I think it looks like a carpenter ant, didn't think they fed on foliage, but I do know they're a big concern. Some ants will actually farm mites. Yup, they bring the eggs in, will defend the eggs (some ant species) from other predators so they can enjoy them. So...time to use everything I got.
The garage perimeter is getting some konk, cinnamon everywhere, and some safers 3 in 1 in case mite eggs have been brought in. So...I guess I know what I'll be doing the next day or so :rolleyes:
might be a bit much, but I'd rather get ahead of the problem before I'm dealing with a full on infestation. Speaking of which, I noticed Morda grown has
mentioned that blacklights work great for locating mites/aphids.
I'll add DE into the program next pay as West Hippie suggested.

The plants are doing great minus the holy leaves. The journal is now in the count of flowering days, and it took 37 days from germination to get to this point.

The Somango Auto got a Supercrop yesterday in the back. There's a main branch that needs to be worked towards the front. I'll start now, as it'll keep the back height down and redirect growth where I want it. Since I've only got the three buckets, and I expect her to stretch, I'll weave her through the net towards the AC.

The white Berry has been an absolute pleasure to grow so far. And was the first to show signs of flowering. This is not surprising, as she's received the least amount of training and thus has not been as delayed.

The Bruce Banner is still going strong, she's been getting lots of attention from me, I'm quite looking forward to seeing how she develops.

Ahh didn’t realize until now u had a journal in progress!
Already read the whole 13 pages, this serves as a good guide :) noticed everyone in US prefers more PPM rather than EC.

Damn Im waiting for that growth spurt!
Looks like yours took most spurts after 3 weeks mark.

All good brother! Glad you made it over, don't be shy if you have any questions- there's lots of experienced growers here who can help as well.

They go back and forth from root development, to foiliar development. I'm expecting (well, I'm hoping ) them to at least double in size in the next month or so.

That white berry going produce so many colas :cool:
Your LST:ing worked out pretty nicely. Still thinking should I top the DWC critical later or just lst.

That white berry going produce so many colas :cool:
Your LST:ing worked out pretty nicely. Still thinking should I top the DWC critical later or just lst.
Hey Verbalist, thank you.

I would wait to see how she grows out before making the choice. Don't set the decision in stone, if she's healthy and vigorous, and she's under 21 days of veg (not a hard set rule, a general guideline), then top at 4th node. If she's not, that healthy and vigorous then keep to the LST.
I'd also give this link a read, it's much better written then I can write, and is a kind of the guide that I follow.

Here's the link:

And the cola making is far from over, I haven't even broken the net out yet :Rasta:

Hey Verbalist, thank you.

I would wait to see how she grows out before making the choice. Don't set the decision in stone, if she's healthy and vigorous, and she's under 21 days of veg (not a hard set rule, a general guideline), then top at 4th node. If she's not, that healthy and vigorous then keep to the LST.
I'd also give this link a read, it's much better written then I can write, and is a kind of the guide that I follow.

Here's the link:

And the cola making is far from over, I haven't even broken the net out yet :Rasta:
Good read once again! You got this for real.

And yeah making the toppin’ decision when I see how the plant turns out. If theres many other stress factors I guess I’ll stick with LST:ing

Journal Update

Day 38
Flower Day 2

Tent temp: 23C
Tent RH%: ~40-50% avg. (except today is 70%)
Previous PPM: 1037 PPM
Current PPM: 1021 PPM (drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 1074 PPM (from PH up)
PH: 6.3 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 21.4C
Water level: Down, drinking and feeding nicely

Well the mystery choppers I believe is ants. I had to go in during lights out yesterday to do a check....found a little bugger on a leaf. I think it looks like a carpenter ant, didn't think they fed on foliage, but I do know they're a big concern. Some ants will actually farm mites. Yup, they bring the eggs in, will defend the eggs (some ant species) from other predators so they can enjoy them. So...time to use everything I got.
The garage perimeter is getting some konk, cinnamon everywhere, and some safers 3 in 1 in case mite eggs have been brought in. So...I guess I know what I'll be doing the next day or so :rolleyes:
might be a bit much, but I'd rather get ahead of the problem before I'm dealing with a full on infestation. Speaking of which, I noticed Morda grown has
mentioned that blacklights work great for locating mites/aphids.
I'll add DE into the program next pay as West Hippie suggested.

The plants are doing great minus the holy leaves. The journal is now in the count of flowering days, and it took 37 days from germination to get to this point.

The Somango Auto got a Supercrop yesterday in the back. There's a main branch that needs to be worked towards the front. I'll start now, as it'll keep the back height down and redirect growth where I want it. Since I've only got the three buckets, and I expect her to stretch, I'll weave her through the net towards the AC.

The white Berry has been an absolute pleasure to grow so far. And was the first to show signs of flowering. This is not surprising, as she's received the least amount of training and thus has not been as delayed.

The Bruce Banner is still going strong, she's been getting lots of attention from me, I'm quite looking forward to seeing how she develops.

I might argue the Somango is not yet budding.....lol. GREAT job. Those girls are healthy as oxen. Can't wait to see the BB buds!

Back
Top Bottom