Amazing you got three different autos going that long before starting to flower!
:thumb:
Thank you Shed! That comment meant a lot, I'm still in the unexperienced category.
I might argue the Somango is not yet budding.....lol. GREAT job. Those girls are healthy as oxen. Can't wait to see the BB buds!
Thank you Jon, I appreciate it, I'll come back and edit this post within an hour with a closer up. Then it can be decided- I'd be more then happy to be wrong on that. The BB, she's still vegging I believe.

Somango close ups
20210921_191801.jpg
20210921_191850.jpg

Journal Update

Flower Day 4

Day 40 above ground

Tent temp: 25C
Tent RH%: ~50-70%
Previous PPM: 1155 PPM
Current PPM: 1126 PPM (drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 1159 PPM (from PH up)
PH: 6.3 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 20.2C
Water level: Down

Well it's time for another update :Rasta:

All three plants are now in start of flower. For simplicity, it's Flower Day 4 for all girls, a day or so in difference makes it not a big deal . Tomorrow will see a reservoir change, and there will be zero FloraNova Grow, it's Bloom time, hopefully it'll be a no hassle kind of transition with the nutes. :nerd-with-glasses:

The evenings here are getting cold, actually what am I saying...it was cold all day. The chiller has been unplugged, the heater turned on and slightly high (turned up to 23C), it's a matter of balancing the swing into the low temps (in the cold night) vs too hot during day. I'm running beneficials so I should be fine with those temps.

The @ViparSpectra P4000 performed brilliantly for the veg stage.

They look great Rex! Any reason you can't mount that camera just below the fan. ;)
Thanks Shed!

For the camera? I like it. It's nice to watch live on the TV at night :rollit:o_O:rofl:

I have another one spare one around....I suppose I could plug it in for the flower gif:rofl:
Also, I have found that keeping plants on veg nutes during stretch is helpful because of the nitrogen needed for all that growth. If you want to add the bloom one I would go for a transition during week two of flower.

I'm totally game to keep the Floranova Grow in. I've yet to use it at this stage to be honest, last one I think I had switched in with the Floranova Bloom around this stage.

That might be a challenge that sounds like fun. But that one might be better suited for a different run/journal.
This one being kindly sponsored, I'd rather not chance things going wrong (my usual kind of luck)

That and I think with the upcoming cold temperatures I'm going to have my hands full. I either have to try to build my grow room or fill the oil tank for the garage. It also being the first winter in the new (to us) house I'm still making the to do list for winterizing the place.
It's like a stark in my ear....
Winter is Coming

It's nice to see autos when they're behaving lol.

Another great gif.
:passitleft:
Thanks Proff- next Gif will be steady, not quite so shaky. I'm going to set up a spare camera for it. And I will definitely hit that up thanks!:passitleft:
Awsome gif :cool:
They look so healthy. Interested to see when flowering progresses
Thanks Verbalist! This is the healthiest batch I've had yet. No light burn, a slight nute burn on the BB from night time cold temps (nute solution) and huge leaves. Won't be long before the net goes in!

Won't be long before the net goes in!
Ahh u scrogging them :) Having 2x2 scrog as well but I guess not bothering with that this round.. makes the life much harder when gotta untie the plant from scrog when doing res change for example.

Awesome-looking autos, Rex! I love that time-lapse gif. :welldone:

Ahh u scrogging them
:)
Having 2x2 scrog as well but I guess not bothering with that this round.. makes the life much harder when gotta untie the plant from scrog when doing res change for example.
Yeah my net tend to be on the higher side. I should lower it, but it was nice come harvest time having it up higher. I just removed the legs from my buckets and removed the plants from under the net.

Looking fantastic brother,
Thanks Dusty! Hope your weekend is off to a decent start; and more importantly that you're feeling better brother.
Awesome-looking autos, Rex! I love that time-lapse gif.
:welldone:
Thanks Beez! I'm quite pleased with the veg they went through. Least problematic start I've had!

Journal Update

Flower Day 6
Day 44 above ground

Tent temp: 26C
Previous PPM: 1026 PPM
Current PPM: 1032 PPM (slight rise* see below)
Adjusted PPM to: 1013 PPM
PH: 6.1 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 21.1C
Water level: way down

So, nothing major but a few small things of note. I'm still hitting some low temps at night in the reservoir. I'll work on insulating it a bit more. Still some time to get ahead of it before the real cold weather hits.

So....something I should mention. A handy little trick when managing a reservoir using PH/TDS pens. I take two solo cups, dip them into the res to take two samples. I then drop my PH pen in one cup, TDS in the other. Then I start looking at the plants. Give the pens a bit of time to get to your sample temperatures. Then snap a photo. That one picture gives me: date/time, PH, reservoir temperature, and TDS/EC measurements. I
Makes it easier and quicker then trying to write it all down. **I repeat the picture after ph adjustment**

Today when I took my samples and saw another rise I figured it was the nighttime low temps again. Then I noticed that they drank close to half the reservoir! Guess they liked that last batch of nutes! So they got topped up with some RO, and FloraNova. Ph adjusted afterwards of course.

The net is in the tent. Yup, it's early. Yup it looks funny. But with three different strains that I haven't grown, I'll grow them into the net. It aligns exactly how I did it last grow, and that worked well!

And that's all for this morning! I hope everyone has a great weekend! It's cold and rainy here....time to curl up with a nice book
:bongrip:

Yeah my net tend to be on the higher side. I should lower it, but it was nice come harvest time having it up higher. I just removed the legs from my buckets and removed the plants from under the net.

Thanks Dusty! Hope your weekend is off to a decent start; and more importantly that you're feeling better brother.

Thanks Beez! I'm quite pleased with the veg they went through. Least problematic start I've had!

Journal Update

Flower Day 6
Day 44 above ground

Previous PPM: 1026 PPM
Current PPM: 1032 PPM (slight rise* see below)
Adjusted PPM to: 1013 PPM
PH: 6.1 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 21.1C
Water level: way down

So, nothing major but a few small things of note. I'm still hitting some low temps at night in the reservoir. I'll work on insulating it a bit more. Still some time to get ahead of it before the real cold weather hits.

So....something I should mention. A handy little trick when managing a reservoir using PH/TDS pens. I take two solo cups, dip them into the res to take two samples. I then drop my PH pen in one cup, TDS in the other. Then I start looking at the plants. Give the pens a bit of time to get to your sample temperatures. Then snap a photo. That one picture gives me: date/time, PH, reservoir temperature, and TDS/EC measurements. I
Makes it easier and quicker then trying to write it all down. **I repeat the picture after ph adjustment**

Today when I took my samples and saw another rise I figured it was the nighttime low temps again. Then I noticed that they drank close to half the reservoir! Guess they liked that last batch of nutes! So they got topped up with some RO, and FloraNova. Ph adjusted afterwards of course.

The net is in the tent. Yup, it's early. Yup it looks funny. But with three different strains that I haven't grown, I'll grow them into the net. It aligns exactly how I did it last grow, and that worked well!

And that's all for this morning! I hope everyone has a great weekend! It's cold and rainy here....time to curl up with a nice book
:bongrip:

Girls are looking good Rexer.
Who's the breeder for the somango ?

Everything is looking Irie Man! I gotta say the scrog net looks good, very clean, takes up minimal room…do you like it? Winter is coming indeed my friend, may the cold bring out the purples in your natural medicine!

They're flying Rex!
Thanks StoneOtter!
Girls are looking good Rexer.
Thanks MGD420!
Everything is looking Irie Man! I gotta say the scrog net looks good, very clean, takes up minimal room…do you like it? Winter is coming indeed my friend, may the cold bring out the purples in your natural medicine!
Thanks LandoC!
Oh it looks fantastic, but the setup for the net is overpriced. If I had to do it again, I'd just stick to the nets that hook up to the tent frame. However this setup will be more useful once the grow room gets built (eventually), and will save me some diying.

Can't wait to see that net full of flowers. Won't be long now! :popcorn:
Thanks Shed! I'm looking forward to it too! It's kinda awkward working on them right now

Journal Update

Flower Day 8
Day 46 above ground

Previous PPM: 957 PPM
Current PPM: 974 PPM (slight rise* see below)
Adjusted PPM to: 984 PPM (res top up)
PH: 6.3 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 22C
Water level: way down (few gallons a day)

Well it's Monday, and I hope everyone had a good weekend! A small thing of note; a slight rise in EC/PPM in the reservoir. The chart/guide says that I should lower the EC. Yesterday morning the PPM was at 1141. Last night after ph adjusting it was at 957. There was a very large drop in the reservoir. So I'm not overly concerned just yet on that very slight rise this morning of roughly 17 parts per million. Especially when it's accompanied by that large of a drop in the tank.

There still is some signs of nitrogen toxicity, the Floranova grow is no longer being added. Between the other additives, and the Floranova Bloom at this stage I feel like I'll be getting them the nitrogen they need. I'll keep an eye on the plants, but that nitrogen toxicity needs to get under control fairly soon, hopefully this will help, time will tell!

Thanks for stopping by

Back
Top Bottom