Yeah my net tend to be on the higher side. I should lower it, but it was nice come harvest time having it up higher. I just removed the legs from my buckets and removed the plants from under the net.

Thanks Dusty! Hope your weekend is off to a decent start; and more importantly that you're feeling better brother.

Thanks Beez! I'm quite pleased with the veg they went through. Least problematic start I've had!

Journal Update

Flower Day 6
Day 44 above ground

Tent temp: 26C
Tent RH%: ~50-70%
Previous PPM: 1026 PPM
Current PPM: 1032 PPM (slight rise* see below)
Adjusted PPM to: 1013 PPM
PH: 6.1 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 21.1C
Water level: way down

So, nothing major but a few small things of note. I'm still hitting some low temps at night in the reservoir. I'll work on insulating it a bit more. Still some time to get ahead of it before the real cold weather hits.

So....something I should mention. A handy little trick when managing a reservoir using PH/TDS pens. I take two solo cups, dip them into the res to take two samples. I then drop my PH pen in one cup, TDS in the other. Then I start looking at the plants. Give the pens a bit of time to get to your sample temperatures. Then snap a photo. That one picture gives me: date/time, PH, reservoir temperature, and TDS/EC measurements. I
Makes it easier and quicker then trying to write it all down. **I repeat the picture after ph adjustment**

Today when I took my samples and saw another rise I figured it was the nighttime low temps again. Then I noticed that they drank close to half the reservoir! Guess they liked that last batch of nutes! So they got topped up with some RO, and FloraNova. Ph adjusted afterwards of course.

The net is in the tent. Yup, it's early. Yup it looks funny. But with three different strains that I haven't grown, I'll grow them into the net. It aligns exactly how I did it last grow, and that worked well!

And that's all for this morning! I hope everyone has a great weekend! It's cold and rainy here....time to curl up with a nice book
:bongrip:

So you actually scrog those autos??? NICE. Can't wait to see this.

So you actually scrog those autos??? NICE. Can't wait to see this.
Hey Jon! Thanks for swinging by!

Kind of a scrog- it's not a "true" scrog (the way most would start). But by letting them grow up, and into the net for the stretch, the effect will be very similar. As I'll weave the branches through to spread them out. I've already started prep, the Supercrop that was done earlier on the Somango was in anticipation of the net, to grow that main branch towards the AC/heater, instead of it being problematic in the rear of the tent.

And at worse, it helps support the branches.
Love the journal so far :) Thanks for all the info. I just went on Vipar's Canadian site and the don't show the P4000 on there?
Thanks Dezmond! I just checked and confirmed that it's not on the Canadian website right now, or their Amazonstore.
@ViparSpectra is active in here and should be able to jump in to help find those answers. Just give them a bit of time, they're in a different timezone.

I'm loving those auto so far. They look so healthy and vibrant! :thumb:

@Rexer I have a question about the orca and the chum.
Now I am assuming orca lasts as long as hydroguard in that you replenish every 3 day .
Or this chum product keeps them alive if there is nothing else to eat.(clean up)
And would only be added when the res is changed ?
Your plants are looking fantastic .

@Rexer I have a question about the orca and the chum.
Now I am assuming orca lasts as long as hydroguard in that you replenish every 3 day .
Or this chum product keeps them alive if there is nothing else to eat.(clean up)
And would only be added when the res is changed ?
Your plants are looking fantastic .
Hey Smokey!

The Orca doesn't need to be re-added every 3 days, even without the Myco chum. I'm not going to lie- I can't say what huge benefit the Chum adds, only that the two combined has been the best roots I've seen, and smelled. I've used the Orca on its own without any problems, had great roots as well. Just seems when I combine the myco chum with beneficials I've had the best results. They have another product, king Crab, looks and sounds great- it's on my list to try!

Taken from manufacturer for orca use:

Screenshot_20210928-140225_Chrome.jpg

I'm loving those auto so far. They look so healthy and vibrant! :thumb:
Hey Beez! Thanks for dropping in, sorry that slipped by with no reply.

Thank you, the veg under the P4000 has been spectacular, at this point, if the flowering goes just as well....I'm going to be one very happy person...and properly medicated.

Journal Update

Flower Day 10
Day 48 above ground

Tent temp: 25C
Tent RH%: ~50-75%
Previous PPM: 977 PPM
Current PPM: 978 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 978 PPM (not adjusted)
PH: 6.2
Res temp: 22.2 C
Water level: steady down

So I didn't get a chance earlier today to check on them (I usually check twice a day). It was a nice surprise when seeing the numbers on the res...nice and steady. So...I let it be for the night, chances are it'll be needing a ph adjustment 1st thing tomorrow morning.

They're hitting the net :yahoo:
This is one of my favorite parts of growing...just the phenomenal growth you see everyday.

While there still are the odd periods of higher RH, that will be changing later this month. I'll be getting a new dehumidifier for in the tent before it becomes a problem. It's just one of those essential pieces of equipment to avoid some possible issues down the road.

So here the pics, thanks for reading and hope everyone has wonderful day!

Thanks brother, back to work full time and half now. Damn gotta catch up missed two weeks of pay and i dont know what to do but I can start doing 60s damn that sucks, especially when my neighbor same age hasn't worked since covid and is getting payments twice as big as what i work my ass off for. Crazy effin world.

So nice to see some topside of the net! :popcorn:
Thanks Shed, they keep popping up- it's like a game of whack a mole! They get tucked back under, then pulled back up one square over, I'll keep doing that until I've either filled the areas completely up, or the branches start to stiffen up
Won't be long before the net's jammin Rex!
Hey StoneOtter, for some reason that triggered a Bob Marley song in my head :Rasta:
Thanks brother, back to work full time and half now. Damn gotta catch up missed two weeks of pay and i dont know what to do but I can start doing 60s damn that sucks, especially when my neighbor same age hasn't worked since covid and is getting payments twice as big as what i work my ass off for. Crazy effin world.
Shit brother, I wish there were something that I could do. Your 420 fam is here brother if we can help.
Damn they driving formula right now whrooomm
Hey Verbalist! Stretch is my favorite time, the speed is just incredible.
Flying with the airplanes now!!! o_O:high-five::popcorn:
Hey Krissi! Thanks, it's been like having an autopilot on.

Journal Update

Flower Day 12
Day 50 above ground

Tent RH%: ~40-60%
Previous PPM: 892 PPM
Current PPM: 899 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 899 PPM (not adjusted)
PH: 6.0
Res temp: 23C
Water level: steady, down ~several gallons a day

So, the stretch is on and the net is getting nicely filled. The Bruce Banner isn't stretching quite as much as the other two plants, but I think she'll make do just fine.

All I've been doing is tending the res, and stretching the branches out. There will be a time very soon where the branches will start to have a more stiff feeling, and that signals the end of the big stretch through the net. Right now they have some flexibility, which is wonderful as it makes it easier to pull them under the net, then back up.

Thanks everyone for reading, and hope you all have a great weekend. I've been off the ball this week as they say (foggy headed), but will be trying to catch back up with everyone's journals.

Hey Beez! Thanks for dropping in, sorry that slipped by with no reply.

Thank you, the veg under the P4000 has been spectacular, at this point, if the flowering goes just as well....I'm going to be one very happy person...and properly medicated.

Journal Update

Flower Day 10
Day 48 above ground

Tent RH%: ~50-75%
Previous PPM: 977 PPM
Current PPM: 978 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 978 PPM (not adjusted)
PH: 6.2
Res temp: 22.2 C
Water level: steady down

So I didn't get a chance earlier today to check on them (I usually check twice a day). It was a nice surprise when seeing the numbers on the res...nice and steady. So...I let it be for the night, chances are it'll be needing a ph adjustment 1st thing tomorrow morning.

They're hitting the net :yahoo:
This is one of my favorite parts of growing...just the phenomenal growth you see everyday.

While there still are the odd periods of higher RH, that will be changing later this month. I'll be getting a new dehumidifier for in the tent before it becomes a problem. It's just one of those essential pieces of equipment to avoid some possible issues down the road.

So here the pics, thanks for reading and hope everyone has wonderful day!

An auto scrog. I'll be damned. You know stuff. Very impressive my friend.

Journal Update

Flower Day 14
Day 52 above ground

Tent temp: 23C
Tent RH%: ~70%
Previous PPM: 880 PPM?
Current PPM: 1044 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 1044 PPM (res change)
PH: 5.8
Res temp: 22.2C
Water level: reset

So the plants continue to shoot up, and I keep pullin 'em down...and over. The Bruce Banner Auto being the exception, her branches are stiffening the quickest. Hope she grows a bit taller during the final flowering stretch.

The white Berry Auto might just be the show stopper, she's developing wonderfully.
The Somango Auto is still a little upset from having her back main branches weaved through to the front. She's starting to get over it and shape out how I was wanting, more or less.

So...I ended up doing two res changes this weekend :rolleyes:.
The first was a routine. They chugged down several gallons of it with a nice PPM drop as well overnight. So I went to top it off this morning. Added some water with cal mag, then added in some extra FloraNova Bloom. Checked the ppm. Was barely changed. Added some more. Did that more times than I care to say. Then :idea: . Changed the battery in the TDS meter, and recalibrated it. Then I retested the reservoir. Over 3000 PPM:jawdropper:

Then I heard the automated water pump turn on. I just about needed a change of pants from the sheer moment of panic trying to unplug the pump :rofl: :rofl: .

So they had a bit of a drought today as the reservoir was refilled. The reservoir has now been reset, and they're enjoying a good meal as they continue to bask in the light of the #ViparSpectra P4000.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, and I wish everyone a great week!

Journal Update

Flower Day 14
Day 52 above ground

Tent temp: 23C
Tent RH%: ~70%
Previous PPM: 880 PPM?
Current PPM: 1044 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 1044 PPM (res change)
PH: 5.8
Res temp: 22.2C
Water level: reset

So the plants continue to shoot up, and I keep pullin 'em down...and over. The Bruce Banner Auto being the exception, her branches are stiffening the quickest. Hope she grows a bit taller during the final flowering stretch.

The white Berry Auto might just be the show stopper, she's developing wonderfully.
The Somango Auto is still a little upset from having her back main branches weaved through to the front. She's starting to get over it and shape out how I was wanting, more or less.

So...I ended up doing two res changes this weekend :rolleyes:.
The first was a routine. They chugged down several gallons of it with a nice PPM drop as well overnight. So I went to top it off this morning. Added some water with cal mag, then added in some extra FloraNova Bloom. Checked the ppm. Was barely changed. Added some more. Did that more times than I care to say. Then :idea: . Changed the battery in the TDS meter, and recalibrated it. Then I retested the reservoir. Over 3000 PPM:jawdropper:

Then I heard the automated water pump turn on. I just about needed a change of pants from the sheer moment of panic trying to unplug the pump :rofl: :rofl: .

So they had a bit of a drought today as the reservoir was refilled. The reservoir has now been reset, and they're enjoying a good meal as they continue to bask in the light of the #ViparSpectra P4000.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, and I wish everyone a great week!

Amazing man. I honestly don't think I can recreate this growing in soil. Not sure. These are HUGE.

Amazing man. I honestly don't think I can recreate this growing in soil. Not sure. These are HUGE.
Thanks Jon, you grow some beautiful plants that have some impressive size...so I shall take that compliment kindly
I'm quite excited to see how the next month goes.

Thanks Jon, you grow some beautiful plants that have some impressive size...so I shall take that compliment kindly
I'm quite excited to see how the next month goes.
Yeah it was meant as such! But it's also the truth I think. I don't *think* I can fill a seven gallon pot with a whole proper root ball with an auto. Although I do it with a five every time, so maybe...but without using a seven for the plants I don't think they would ever get as big as that Somango in soil. I could be wrong. Photos sure but autos with a two/three week training window? Soil is too slow to get the spread you have on those in the open training window. Again, I think. I don't KNOW. I'm hoping someone can show me a journal with an auto in a seven but I have never once seen it anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom