Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

Hey @Rexer If i remember correctly, carbs can also help feed your bennies and keep them from starving in the tank. Just another feeding option i didn't see mentioned above :thumb:

Correction, i just saw molasses as the highest % item in that Myco - Chum

You got it all covered man :smokin:

A few questions about your setup here (maybe you answered earlier, forgive me if I missed it).

1. For your DWC, is the hydroton just sitting in a pool of water or do you have anything separating the hydroton from the bottom of the bucket? Where are your airstones, under the hydroton in the bucket?
Technically this would be a RDWC of sorts. Each bucket has a bag that is filled with 100% hydroton to the bottom of the bucket where the drain is
2. Are you running your sprayer pump at all times, or do you have it going on an interval.
Sprayers are on a smart timer. 1 hour on/ 3 hours off. Resets the timer if I decide to override and trigger a watering.
3. Do you have the 4 buckets hooked up to an external reservoir? How big is it?
Yup, there is a 100L reservoir outside the tent, Ill be plumbing a chiller into it soon. The size is overkill, but I wasn't sure and just went with it.
4. Have you grown DWC before trying the bucket company? How does growth speed compare with normal DWC?
This is my first run with this setup, hence the big learning curve. Prior to this I used a DIY Ebb and Flow in a DIY small custom built stealth cabinet, the only DWC I've ever done was some lettuce.
Thanks, trying to figure out my next setup
Hey no worries! Ask anything- I'll always try to answer or someone else will be able to answer.
Hey @Rexer If i remember correctly, carbs can also help feed your bennies and keep them from starving in the tank. Just another feeding option i didn't see mentioned above :thumb:

Correction, i just saw molasses as the highest % item in that Myco - Chum

You got it all covered man :smokin:
Thanks brother! Of course after all this talk I'm probably just jinxing everything :rofl:

Technically this would be a RDWC of sorts. Each bucket has a bag that is filled with 100% hydroton to the bottom of the bucket where the drain is

Sprayers are on a smart timer. 1 hour on/ 3 hours off. Resets the timer if I decide to override and trigger a watering.

Yup, there is a 100L reservoir outside the tent, Ill be plumbing a chiller into it soon. The size is overkill, but I wasn't sure and just went with it.

This is my first run with this setup, hence the big learning curve. Prior to this I used a DIY Ebb and Flow in a DIY small custom built stealth cabinet, the only DWC I've ever done was some lettuce.

Hey no worries! Ask anything- I'll always try to answer or someone else will be able to answer.

Thanks brother! Of course after all this talk I'm probably just jinxing everything :rofl:
Psh, you got this all figured out man :cool: Just helping build their "character" all this time :p

nice snag on the MoM title rexer.

are you running lines back to the res from the run off rexer ? i thought you were drain to waste.

@BassBuds - the system is essentially an automated coco set up. rexer is running hydroton, but it can probably be tweaked for other non soil media.

Congratulations Rex! The new accolades look great :).
Thanks MrSauga, I'm still holding out on the SuperSkunk, I think she's still holding off on a nice big growth spurt
nice snag on the MoM title rexer.

are you running lines back to the res from the run off rexer ? i thought you were drain to waste.

@BassBuds - the system is essentially an automated coco set up. rexer is running hydroton, but it can probably be tweaked for other non soil media.
Thanks Bluter! I never thought I'd see the day with that by my name

Yup, I've gotten a return line plumbed back to the reservoir using a bulkhead. This weekend should see the panda film covers put on, just a bit behind schedule, as usual.

Congratulations on M.o.M. brother. Well done.
Thanks brother :green_heart:
Congratulations Rex on MOTM .
Thanks brother, I'm in shock still. I fully expected that I wouldn't win. You've been helping me since my 1st journal, and members like you set the example. :green_heart::thanks::high-five:
Congrats on the win, Rexer!! That title looks good on ya, almost as good as your garden is looking!!
:thumb:
Thanks DAB, I actually had to double check and didn't notice it was there already :rofl:

Well done, Rex!
The motm looks good on your banner.
160000 members btw. :high-five:
Nice one.
DonkeyDick - thank you brother. You've always been in the corner rooting for me, and ill always be grateful my friend.

Hey rexer, all caught up and lots of good info to soak in as usual. The plants are still motoring along and looking good, I'm happy to see that.

Congrats again on your member ofnthe month title! :bravo:

Well it's time for an update!

There hasn't been too much to journal. PPM level has been around 800. They're feeding, but only one seems to be really thriving. I did give the light a bump in power, so hopefully they're just adjusting, I'll be keeping a watchful eye.
I also bumped the temperature up in the tent. It's now at 27C, I may even bump it slightly more. Why would I do that? An attempt to increase their metabolism. If the changes don't get them to perk up, then tomorrow morning I'll dial the light down again.
Quite the change from using MH/HPS. Oh and the SuperSkunk is finally showing pistols. Since she's less then a week behind I'll lump her in on the current flower day count. Ya I'm being lazy, but in truth- they all feed from the same reservoir.

I've also been doing some very light defoliation.

Journal Update!
Day 47
Flower Day 6

Tent temp: 27.5C avg
Tent RH%: 50~70%
Previous PPM: : 777
Current PPM: 772
Adjusted PPM to
:
PH: 6.5 reset to 5.8
Res temp: 20.1C
Water level: reset
Light draw from wall: 519 Watts

Pics were during lights off and right at lights on. They've already perked up since these were taken.

Looking great brotha,
Thanks Dusty!

Girls seem to be liking the tweaks!

2CAA8EE6CB92_1620223212762.png

I was going to congratulate you but everyone seems to have done that, but I will say Well Deserved.

About your ladies; I was just wondering that your light height is?

I thought they would be taller but now, I have not grown out either stain so I am probably wrong.

This is like a new toy and I am interested to seeing and learning during your learning curve. I have not used a RDWC system myself, but always interested in learning. Eventually want a grow room.

Tok..

I was going to congratulate you but everyone seems to have done that, but I will say Well Deserved.

About your ladies; I was just wondering that your light height is?

I thought they would be taller but now, I have not grown out either stain so I am probably wrong.

This is like a new toy and I am interested to seeing and learning during your learning curve. I have not used a RDWC system myself, but always interested in learning. Eventually want a grow room.

Tok..
Thanks Tok, I'm still surprised and grateful...winning was not something I ever expected.

Light height, I'll double check to give an exact amount tonight, but it's around 3 feet away. The nodes are crazy tight.
I think I should have gone with a light that is more suited for closeness, but like a kid in a candy shop I just wanted the biggest I get away with.

The reality is I skewed any real results with the terrible start up. It'll have to be repeated to see what comes of it.

I seem to possibly (knock on wood!!) Have it dialed in and am starting to see some growth. with autos I can do very light defoliation and extend the stretch a bit. I'm not sure I remember the exact science behind it, but done correctly works. From looking back through my previous journals I'm still holding out hope on a good growth spurt. My first run they weren't much bigger at the start of flower- but by end I was able to squeeze 100g (dried) per plant.

This whole experience has been a learning curve for me- almost like relearning everything.

I should mention that I also changed my water cycle and introduced some longer dry spells. Right now they're getting fed/watered for 30 min every 4 hrs.

Journal Update!
Day 50
Flower Day 9

Tent temp: 27.5C avg
Tent RH%: 50~70%
Previous PPM: : 765
Current PPM: 758
Adjusted PPM to
:771
PH: 6.3 reset to 5.7
Res temp: 19.6C
Water level: down, biggest drop to date
Light draw from wall: 596 Watts (raised tonight)
Distance to plants: 3 feet from lowest plant. Highest plant is about 4 inches taller

So not a heck of a lot going on. Well, maybe a few things: Last night I went ahead and tossed a scrog net in. Might be overly optimistic with 1 of the girls, but I'm sure it'll be of slight help for the other two.

Tonight I cranked the light up to 596 Watts. As always- I'll be keeping a very close eye as I'm worried about it being a bit much. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Back
Top Bottom